Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extending enrollment
I registered and paid for a TECEP to extend my enrollment, but I got really distracted because of the pandemic. It will be difficult for me to take the proctored exam, and I don't need that credit.

I've read that I don't need to actually take the exam. Is that true? Or will I have an "incomplete" showing up on my transcript?

https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/e...cep-credit

"TECEP grades are recorded as CR (Credit) or NC (No Credit) and do not affect the grade point average (GPA). Students who register but don't test or withdraw by the last day of the term will receive an NT (Not Taken) grade. An official transcript will not show a numeric score, a letter grade, an NC or NT grade, only exams successfully completed and the number of credits earned."

I enrolled with the 1 credit tecep and did not take the test.
(07-17-2020, 10:40 PM)ARhead Wrote: https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/e...cep-credit

"TECEP grades are recorded as CR (Credit) or NC (No Credit) and do not affect the grade point average (GPA). Students who register but don't test or withdraw by the last day of the term will receive an NT (Not Taken) grade. An official transcript will not show a numeric score, a letter grade, an NC or NT grade, only exams successfully completed and the number of credits earned."

I enrolled with the 1 credit tecep and did not take the test.

I also enrolled using the 1 credit Medical Terminology TECEP and did not take the test. I withdrew from the course a few weeks after I officially matriculated to an enrolled student (10 days after the start of the term).

The TECEP does appear on my official transcript but lists W for withdrawal. Withdrawn courses do not factor into GPA.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Thanks. I was worried this could have changed recently. I won't worry about it.

(07-18-2020, 08:19 AM)Ideas Wrote: Thanks. I was worried this could have changed recently. I won't worry about it.

Great to know that Im going to do the same.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
if I took a TECEP in December 2019, do I need to take another TECEP no later than December 2020 to extend the enrollment?
(07-23-2020, 11:52 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote: if I took a TECEP in December 2019, do I need to take another TECEP no later than December 2020 to extend the enrollment?

Enrollment lasts for 12 months, so yeah you'll need to register for a new course around that time to avoid falling out of enrollment. Your enrollment timer will reset 10 days after the beginning date for the term that you registered for. This date needs to be before the anniversary of your enrollment date. So, if your enrollment date is Dec 15th, and the December term start date is on Dec 4th, then your enrollment timer will reset on Dec 14th so you're fine. However, if the December term start date is December 6th, then your enrollment timer will not reset until Dec 16th, which means that the December term is too late and you need to register for a course to begin in November.

That said, I believe they used to give you a one-month grace period before the enrollment ends, but I'm not 100% sure they still do. If so, then you have 30 more days... which means as long as you start a new course in December or earlier, you'll be fine for sure. You may be able to delay until January, depending on where your anniversary date falls.

If you haven't taken your cornerstone yet, I recommend taking that rather than a TECEP, unless you really need that TECEP in your degree. The cornerstone is an easy course and you have to take it anyway, so you might as well kill two birds with one stone. It is better to take it solo rather than try to take it at the same time as your capstone since the capstone is a beast and demands a lot of time. Plus, TESU always recommends students take the cornerstone right away. I'm not sure if they still do it, but there was a time where they automatically registered you for that course whenever you tried to register for a class or TECEP exam. You'd have to manually remove it from your course list each time until you completed it.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(07-24-2020, 02:33 AM)Merlin Wrote: I'm not sure if they still do it, but there was a time where they automatically registered you for that course whenever you tried to register for a class or TECEP exam. You'd have to manually remove it from your course list each time until you completed it.

I haven't noticed this myself, but then I've only taken the one TECEP from them. Maybe it's different for the first TECEP vs. subsequent TECEPs.
(07-24-2020, 02:33 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 11:52 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote: if I took a TECEP in December 2019, do I need to take another TECEP no later than December 2020 to extend the enrollment?

Enrollment lasts for 12 months, so yeah you'll need to register for a new course around that time to avoid falling out of enrollment. Your enrollment timer will reset 10 days after the beginning date for the term that you registered for. This date needs to be before the anniversary of your enrollment date. So, if your enrollment date is Dec 15th, and the December term start date is on Dec 4th, then your enrollment timer will reset on Dec 14th so you're fine. However, if the December term start date is December 6th, then your enrollment timer will not reset until Dec 16th, which means that the December term is too late and you need to register for a course to begin in November.

That said, I believe they used to give you a one-month grace period before the enrollment ends, but I'm not 100% sure they still do. If so, then you have 30 more days... which means as long as you start a new course in December or earlier, you'll be fine for sure. You may be able to delay until January, depending on where your anniversary date falls.

If you haven't taken your cornerstone yet, I recommend taking that rather than a TECEP, unless you really need that TECEP in your degree. The cornerstone is an easy course and you have to take it anyway, so you might as well kill two birds with one stone. It is better to take it solo rather than try to take it at the same time as your capstone since the capstone is a beast and demands a lot of time. Plus, TESU always recommends students take the cornerstone right away. I'm not sure if they still do it, but there was a time where they automatically registered you for that course whenever you tried to register for a class or TECEP exam. You'd have to manually remove it from your course list each time until you completed it.

They waived the cornerstone on my evaluation, I only need a capstone to finish the degree. I'm not sure if it's worth the cost, however That being said, $50 to lock in the catalog for another year is dirt cheap, plus it enables student discounts and the ability to transfer in ACE/NCCRS credits to a transcript.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 590 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions about enrollment, TESU Sarahtheraven 8 1,053 10-27-2022, 12:34 PM
  Maintaining Enrollment Question Insert Name 3 697 07-01-2022, 02:29 AM
  TESU enrollment and class changes ACI 7 1,166 06-11-2022, 11:20 PM
  Am I understanding enrollment correctly? louise 3 597 05-21-2022, 03:44 PM
Last Post: louise
  TESU Joint Enrollment resistk 9 1,103 03-18-2022, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Military enrollment rixbae 16 1,558 12-27-2021, 12:01 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU restarting enrollment studyandpass5 11 1,811 12-16-2021, 08:39 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  TESU Cornerstone SOS-110 Automatic Enrollment Outdated? schristian10 26 2,493 08-23-2021, 09:34 PM
Last Post: jch
  Withdrawing from TECEP / Enrollment Seagull 6 940 01-15-2021, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Merlin