Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Graduate Forums
Welcome to InstantCert DegreeForum's Graduate Section! 

I becoming a moderator of this section is a pivot towards that goal to help build this section up and encourage feedback, experiences, and stories about people's Master's Degree experiences. To obtain a master's degree is an entirely new world after an undergraduate degree. This entire community is here for you.

Please be kind and remember the person. If you have taken any graduate courses, master's degrees, doctorate degrees, or courses I encourage you to share your experience with us. Seeing a human experience is extremely motivating. Sharing your experience offers new benefits and perspectives not for others, but also yourself. Maybe there's a single mom on the fence of pulling the trigger to apply for her professional master's or certification, but she doesn't think she can do it. You're a single dad, you managed to do it while raising kids and working full time. You sharing your story means that mom feels more comfortable and decides to raise it up.

You will notice that there is a new section devoted directly to Doctorate Degrees. With the amount of people graduating with undergraduate degrees, I believe I speak on the behalf of the entire DegreeForum community that we want your success to continue if you decide to take the next steps. This will make it easier for people looking to find out more information about doctorate programs without having to shift through the Master's programs. 

Education takes a village. For many of us that resort to DegreeForum, we don't have that village in physical person. DegreeForum is our village.
It'll be great to see more students getting graduate degrees, especially doctorates!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ashkir, dewisant, origamishuttle
I think having a Doctoral sub-forum is a good idea. I like it.
[-] The following 3 users Like eLearner's post:
  • ashkir, GoodYellowDogs, origamishuttle
I'm going to give a little shout out to Worcester Polytechnic Institute.  Generally thought of as MIT's little brother, WPI is a very good engineering school and they have an impressive array of online graduate degrees.  I didn't look at the prices but you may want to be prepared.
Online Graduate Programs | Academics | WPI
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • origamishuttle
Hello everyone.
Feels good to be back here after a somewhat long hiatus! Does anyone have good suggestions for online certificate programs/graduate programs in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Deep Learning, etc? I have just started the Andrew Ng/Deeplearning.ai basic course on Coursera.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Thanks for this forum. While I am still enrolled at ENEB (on break for now), and I pursue my PhD (SSBR) & DHA (VUL), I'll do all I can to be active in this Forum. I appreciate you moderating it and look forward to wonderful discussions ahead.
Completed

Doctor of Healthcare Administration, Virginia University of Lynchburg, 2023
MBA, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
Master in Business & Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
DiMAP, Diploma in Modern Applied Psychology, Academy of Modern Applied Psychology

In Progress

Master of Arts in Church Leadership, Regent University - School of Divinity
Master's in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB 
Master's in Human Resources Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in Big Data & Business Intelligence, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, TESU or Excelsior University 

(12-28-2022, 10:37 PM)michaeladsmith2 Wrote: Thanks for this forum. While I am still enrolled at ENEB (on break for now), and I pursue my PhD (SSBR) & DHA (VUL), I'll do all I can to be active in this Forum. I appreciate you moderating it and look forward to wonderful discussions ahead.

Just curious as I find it fascinating; how do you balance work and life and manage four-degree assignments simultaneously? I know these universities have either flexibility in their scheduled assignments or self-paced assignments, but it still seems wild on the outside looking in.

Pressing pause on the ENEB brings it back to a somewhat regular schedule.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
(12-28-2022, 11:50 PM)KSoul Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 10:37 PM)michaeladsmith2 Wrote: Thanks for this forum. While I am still enrolled at ENEB (on break for now), and I pursue my PhD (SSBR) & DHA (VUL), I'll do all I can to be active in this Forum. I appreciate you moderating it and look forward to wonderful discussions ahead.

Just curious as I find it fascinating; how do you balance work and life and manage four-degree assignments simultaneously? I know these universities have either flexibility in their scheduled assignments or self-paced assignments, but it still seems wild on the outside looking in.

Pressing pause on the ENEB brings it back to a somewhat regular schedule.

Flexibility is key in the programs I have chosen to do. ENEB gives you 18 months to complete 1 Masters and if you do the Masters+ you get 24 months. The more Masters you enroll in, they extend your deadline. So for me, I signed up for 4 (completed 2), but I now have until Fall 2025 to finish the other 2 ENEB Masters. Hence, the break. 

With the VUL DHA that I start in January, it will be a vigorous program, but it's one year and you only take 2 classes at a time. 3 classes per semester (2 8-week classes overlapping 1 15-week class). And because many of the courses are really a repeat of my MBA (the DHA is really a DBA for healthcare), it will be a bit less challenging as I can use much of the courses I already completed with ENEB, coupled with some of the papers written and utilize them for doctoral work, resources. 

It is indeed a balancing act. One benefit for me is that I am not employed full time and have my monthly Veterans Disability Compensation to help me not have to find a full-time employment. This frees up a lot of time for me to focus on my studies. Because I work in 1on1 & group Therapy sessions, I also set my own schedule around my studies. This helps a lot.
Completed

Doctor of Healthcare Administration, Virginia University of Lynchburg, 2023
MBA, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
Master in Business & Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
DiMAP, Diploma in Modern Applied Psychology, Academy of Modern Applied Psychology

In Progress

Master of Arts in Church Leadership, Regent University - School of Divinity
Master's in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB 
Master's in Human Resources Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in Big Data & Business Intelligence, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, TESU or Excelsior University 

What a totally natural way to revive a year old thread. Totally not agenda driven.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thank you for the detailed breakdown, and congratulations again on managing it all.

The VUL Doctorate continues to move up the ladder as a future option for me; however, I am hopeful they launch a Doctorate in Leadership soon as that would allow VUL to compete with the other schools I am leaning towards more.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 30 24,825 04-16-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: dutchdragon
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 66 15,892 04-09-2024, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,038 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,035 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,679 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,783 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 680 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
Thumbs Up Will graduate schools in the United States and abroad accept an online college degree shoron 47 6,655 01-15-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Country Preview : Graduate/Doctorate Degrees in Malaysia bjcheung77 11 2,450 01-13-2024, 11:34 AM
  Using Pell Grant for Graduate Courses while Undergrad SophiaPrincess 2 487 10-19-2023, 02:57 PM