Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU AAHS (AA Human Services) Capstone Help
I am pursuing my TESU AAHS (AA Human Services). I am proud to say the 25 credits I have received recently has/will cost around $800. Thank you modern states, CLEP, DSST and study.com. Now the real money begins, I will pay the $2500 no residence fee and I am starting on my capstone. I am excited about doing it, but need to raise funds. Until I can secure the $1500 for the capstone credit I would like to get a head start. Anyone have the curriculum or detailed outline so I can start writing it?
If you have used Study.com make sure you get the affiliate rate added to your TESU account. It reduces the residence waiver fee to $2200 from the $2500, and you should also get a reduced clourse fee for your Capstone of $1098 instead of the $1500 - https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/

Good luck, I know your plan is to move on and complete a BA in Psychology within the year after you complete this AAHS (to avoid paying the residency fee again)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • kevro64
And if you haven't used Study.com, I suggest you go ahead and do at least one course there to get the affiliation, even if you don't need any more courses. Well worth the $200 for one month of Study.com.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • kevro64
(03-20-2019, 02:31 PM)allvia Wrote: If you have used Study.com make sure you get the affiliate rate added to your TESU account. It reduces the residence waiver fee to $2200 from the $2500, and you should also get a reduced clourse fee for your Capstone of $1098 instead of the $1500 - https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/

Good luck, I know your plan is to move on and complete a BA in Psychology within the year after you complete this AAHS (to avoid paying the residency fee again)

Thanks very helpful. I was aware of the waiver discount for study.com but not the capstone discount. Thanks. I am going to put my study.com on hold for April (I need a break) I was thinking of cancelling but discount wise and BA wise it makes sense to keep because of the discount. I may finish earlier than thought!

(03-20-2019, 03:40 PM)davewill Wrote: And if you haven't used Study.com, I suggest you go ahead and do at least one course there to get the affiliation, even if you don't need any more courses. Well worth the $200 for one month of Study.com.

thanks for the tip. Do you know if you have to have a concurrent account (i.e. current not past) to qualify for the out of state waiver and/or the capstone discount. In other words if I Have study.com for the next 3 months then cancel before I apply to graduate will the discount be applied. By affiliation it sounds like you are saying even if I only subscribe for a month (which is my current plan) the discount carries over?

I think I will start on my capstone by following the syllabus and put it all together on when I sign up for the capstone. I get the jist and have written similar papers. I think I am one of the few really excited about my AAHS capstone!
(03-20-2019, 06:08 PM)kevro64 Wrote: Thanks very helpful. I was aware of the waiver discount for study.com but not the capstone discount. Thanks. I am going to put my study.com on hold for April (I need a break) I was thinking of cancelling but discount wise and BA wise it makes sense to keep because of the discount. I may finish earlier than thought!
thanks for the tip. Do you know if you have to have a concurrent account (i.e. current not past) to qualify for the out of state waiver and/or the capstone discount. In other words if I Have study.com for the next 3 months then cancel before I apply to graduate will the discount be applied. By affiliation it sounds like you are saying even if I only subscribe for a month (which is my current plan) the discount carries over?

As long as you transfer at least one Study.com course in, you get the affiliate discount. You don't have to maintain your membership to keep the discount.

BTW, You should also add a bachelor's degree to your student account, even if you don't have plans to pursue it at this time. That will maintain your enrollment after they award your associate's. If nothing else, it will leave you with the benefit of being a student for a while longer.

If you do pursue it and can finish the bachelor's within a year of paying the residency waiver, you won't have to pay it again.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • kevro64, shadowgem

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 18 2,496 43 minutes ago
Last Post: akr680
  New link to Student Services? KsT 0 60 Yesterday, 01:55 PM
Last Post: KsT
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 599 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 498 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 520 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 272 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,321 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 247 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 546 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 398 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM