Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! Accelerate Cornerstone/Capstone recommended by TESU student support??
Good morning,
I need help fast! 

I was hoping for May enrollment at TESU because I REALLY want to graduate in September. Unfortunately my Sophia/SDC official transcripts didn’t transfer over fast enough and my appeal to the Dean to enroll with unofficial transcripts wasn’t approved. 

My academic advisor recommended the following for a chance to graduate in September:

Enroll in Cornerstone for May. 

Enroll in Capstone in June when the all my pedicel transcripts have been received. Use the guided and then request the Mentor to allow me to accelerate and finish the class early.

She said If I’m allowed to finish by end of August I can graduate in September. 

Has anyone ever been granted this option?

This option doesn’t allow me to take 16 and waive residency so it would cost more which if I had to pick graduating early I’d be ok to pay more. 

Her second option was:
Enroll for all 16 credits in June and then request Mentors of Capstone/Cornerstone to accelerate both of those and do e-packs for the others to finish by end of August. 

She said Cornerstone might be less likely to be allowed because their is no guided option. 

Ultimately if I could save $ and do this it works be be great but it not I’m ok paying the residency fee if I could have the degree in Sept. 

Anyone been successful with this strategy or have recommendations? 

I’d appreciate the guidance!
Thanks in advance
Since it's the registrar's office that performs graduation audits, I'd email the office to confirm that accelerating the capstone is possible and that they'd still consider you for September graduation.

When did you request your Sophia/SDC transcripts that you missed both normal registration and late registration?

Are you already registered for the May cornerstone? Unless your advisor said she'd manually add you to the class, it's too late to register for May term courses.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
And this is why I asked.

I just finished all my necessary credits this week.
I am not registered for the corner stone and the advisor I spoke with this am did not tell me it was too late to enroll.

So confusing.

I will email the registrars office and appreciate the recommendation.
Option two it is! I agree by emailing TESU registrar and academic advising again to see if they can confirm. 3 Epacks, PLA-100, cornerstone/capstone and you're done. Do make sure all your other courses transfer over for now, prepare for the 3 epacks first while you're doing the PLA-100.

The main thing to look at is the deadlines for the cornerstone/capstone and finish them before those dates. I've seen people in the past complete the cornerstone/capstone and was able to graduate, however; I think there was an update to their regulations, everything must transfer in and courses need to be completed before the audit start dates.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you both.

One last question.
Earlier this week they recommended I enroll/register for PLA in May since we hoped the other would be available for May. 

In order to qualify for the 16 credit residency waiver do I need to drop this class and start it in June with the rest?

Thanks
Not necessarily for residency but to save on tuition, yes
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Yep that’s what I was curious about. To qualify for the waiver.
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 376 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 635 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 171 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Computer science for international student in 2024 Passa 6 360 02-27-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Passa
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,256 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 382 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,072 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help - Engineering Degree for European Student Bat1234 6 587 01-06-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Bat1234
Question Help - Computer Science Degree Plan International Student JohnnyBazzinga 8 893 01-04-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az