Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personality types and those who go back to school
(06-15-2018, 02:18 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 02:12 PM)Ideas Wrote: Oh, I was guessing there would be a bunch of "T":

"tend to be success-driven, perfectionistic and eager to improve. They are also more willing to change jobs if they feel stuck in their current one and to spend time thinking about the direction in which their life is going"

"Turbulent individuals perform better in certain roles as they push themselves to achieve superior results, while Assertive ones do not care about the outcome that much. Always feeling the need to do more, to have more, and to be more ...  it is entirely possible that this desire to always push themselves just a little further helps many Turbulent types to achieve what they seek to achieve"

But there were downsides to the "T".

I haven't tested to see if I would get "T" myself.

Assertives don't work harder than they have to. That sounds like a lot of us.

I didn't realize what the Assertive / Turbulent part was until I just read your post. Mine is 79% assertive. <shrug> Wink
Per this site, I'm an INTJ-A. As a Jungian ethusiast, this dichotomy-based system hurts. Jung believed in four 'functions' (Thinking, Feeling, Sensing, Intuition) which expressed themselves in either an extraverted or introverted manner, thus creating 8 modes of consciousness.

By his 8 modes of consciousness, I am an Introverted Intuitive with reasonably strong Extraverted Thinking.

Then there's the Lithuanian school of Jungian typology --Socionics -- which I find to be far more interesting...
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
We have a lot of _N__-A here, but the other letters seem to be all over.

I'm a Myers-Briggs ENTJ. ENTJ-A "Commander" here.

I would happily stay in school forever if it didn't cost so doggone much. But I hate taking random classes just because they're part of the requirements to be "well-rounded"; I'd rather have some control over the choices and feel like they're relevant to the end goal.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
(06-17-2018, 01:05 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: I'm a Myers-Briggs ENTJ.  ENTJ-A "Commander" here.

I would happily stay in school forever if it didn't cost so doggone much.  But I hate taking random classes just because they're part of the requirements to be "well-rounded"; I'd rather have some control over the choices and feel like they're relevant to the end goal.

I mind that somewhat, but in a similar vein, I don't like when a degree program has too few choices within the major. I kept running into this when I was looking at certain IT fields. More than two-thirds of coursework was different from what I wanted to learn, because it's a broad enough field.

I once read a 300-page book based on this system. Called "What color is your parachute" I'm pretty sure I was always between an ENFP and ENFJ depending on the task at hand. Your last two letters can change over time as well. I received “The Campaigner” (ENFP-T) which I would say is pretty spot on. My roommate was an INTJ and our personalities played well off of each other.

It seems we are all types on this board.
WGU BSCSIA (In progress starting Feb 1st 2019)  49/122 credit hours.
PierPont BOG A.A.S 2018

CompTIA A+,Sec+.
SL. Intro to Environmental Science, Intro to Biology.  6 Credit hours.
Brick and Mortar college's 50 RA credits.
Pierpont institutional credit  INFO 2207, INFO 2256, INFO 2305. 9 Credit hours.
Sophia.
 Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict. 2 Credit hours
The Institutes. 312N-H Ethics, 2 credit hours.
Brick and Mortar College. Eng 205 research writing, 3 credit hours.

CLEP. Information Systems, 3 Credit hours.
Stanford Online. America's Poverty and Inequality Course, Statement of accomplishment.  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nicaragua seizes all assets from INCAE Business School elcastor21 0 297 09-26-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Found: $1,500 (TOTAL) At-own-pace Law School dcan 48 9,064 08-28-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: resistk
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,470 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Can I get a High School Diploma after getting my GED and Associates? IReallyNeedADegree 24 2,585 02-06-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  School Psychologists?? Vle045 3 907 01-21-2022, 03:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  U of Michigan removes School President bjcheung77 0 557 01-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Worst School Name Alpha 13 2,063 10-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Marcus Aurelius
  Should taxpayers fund any and every choice in school and/or major? sanantone 14 1,653 08-19-2021, 01:19 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Back 2 School - Buy Mac/iPad - get AirPods + 20% off AppleCare bjcheung77 0 672 06-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  For Sale: Virtual High School with AP bjcheung77 11 1,739 06-01-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore