Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harvard University Kennedy School of Government Pathway
Hello everyone. I'm just following up to let you all know that last week I finally got my grade back for the Capstone, and I passed. I don't know what the passing criteria is, but my Capstone assignment was given a grade of 60. With perfect scores on the other remaining assignments, I had a total of 68 percent. I know that there are designations of Not Pass, Low Pass, Pass, and Pass with Distinction, so I'm not sure what the cut off is, or whether they pass you on whether or not you made a proper effort or not in spite of whether or not they agree with your premise. The syllabus also does not specify.

It took a long time for the Capstone to be graded. All assignments were due January 17th, so to get results the second week of May is a bit much. But there you have it. I have passed. I am waiting for the certificate to arrive, when it is emailed to me, I will share it with you all as well as my final transcript.

It feels really cool to know that I am official Harvard Kennedy School alumni!!!
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
[-] The following 2 users Like collegecareerstudent's post:
  • Life_One, Vle045
(05-17-2023, 12:30 AM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: Hello everyone. I'm just following up to let you all know that last week I finally got my grade back for the Capstone, and I passed. I don't know what the passing criteria is, but my Capstone assignment was given a grade of 60. With perfect scores on the other remaining assignments, I had a total of 68 percent. I know that there are designations of Not Pass, Low Pass, Pass, and Pass with Distinction, so I'm not sure what the cut off is, or whether they pass you on whether or not you made a proper effort or not in spite of whether or not they agree with your premise. The syllabus also does not specify.

It took a long time for the Capstone to be graded. All assignments were due January 17th, so to get results the second week of May is a bit much. But there you have it. I have passed. I am waiting for the certificate to arrive, when it is emailed to me, I will share it with you all as well as my final transcript.

It feels really cool to know that I am official Harvard Kennedy School alumni!!!

Congrats on your outstanding achievement and for joining the HKS Alumn Community!
[-] The following 2 users Like ALostLawStudent's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, Life_One
(05-17-2023, 12:30 AM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: Hello everyone. I'm just following up to let you all know that last week I finally got my grade back for the Capstone, and I passed. I don't know what the passing criteria is, but my Capstone assignment was given a grade of 60. With perfect scores on the other remaining assignments, I had a total of 68 percent. I know that there are designations of Not Pass, Low Pass, Pass, and Pass with Distinction, so I'm not sure what the cut off is, or whether they pass you on whether or not you made a proper effort or not in spite of whether or not they agree with your premise. The syllabus also does not specify.

Congrats. Gotta get the Kennedy shield tattooed now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
The certificate is here!!!!

Attached Files
.jpg   plccert.jpg (Size: 251.93 KB / Downloads: 71)
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
[-] The following 3 users Like collegecareerstudent's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, KSoul, Pikachu
(05-17-2023, 09:49 AM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: The certificate is here!!!!

Congrats!
[-] The following 1 user Likes smartdegree's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
Thank you all! It's been a long but rewarding journey!
[-] The following 1 user Likes collegecareerstudent's post:
  • Life_One
Congratulations! Fantastic accomplishment!
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatBankDude's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
Great work! Congrats on getting that nice HKS certificate!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
Big Cong! The credential looks beautiful!
Do you have any further plans, MPA at HKS or ALM at HES?
[-] The following 1 user Likes xianbd's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
Thank you everyone!!!

I actually am in the middle of an ALM in English at HES. I have three courses left. I also take office as the new HESA student government president on June 1st. So, lots of plans. As for the Mid-Career MPA- applications open up in September. You know I'll be applying. Will update you all here, of course!
[-] The following 2 users Like collegecareerstudent's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, Life_One

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 113 16,893 04-25-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 345 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 774 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 2,050 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,272 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  nitstharya - Grad School Top Up Recommendation nitstharya 1 195 04-10-2024, 04:23 PM
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 529 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,461 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 395 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 1,161 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill