Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone taken the english composition 2 tecep test?
How difficult is it?

And any tips for how to study?

Thanks!
It is not difficult, I passed with an 84% without studying at all. You need to make sure you have a MLA or APA guide, I borrowed mine from the library (the last time they changed the rules was 2009, so you can get a pretty old copy).

The main issue I had was the word counting - I had to do it manually, and it was frustrating (your answers have to be greater than a certain number of words or between a certain number of words).

Also, I would copy the "thesis" you come up with in one section, because once you leave that section, you can't go back and see what you wrote, and they ask you to expand on what you previously wrote in the next section. If I would have known, I would have copied so I could paste a minute later.

All in all, not a terrible test, but they certainly could more to make it better (not easier to pass, just easier to take maybe, if that makes sense).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Also, I would copy the "thesis" you come up with in one section, because once you leave that section, you can't go back and see what you wrote, ...
That's my biggest gripe with TESU's tests, whether TECEP or regular midterms or finals. They almost always separate the test into small sections, and don't let you return, which totally blows any sort of time management strategies. It makes no sense that I can see. On essays it was always one question per section, on multiple choice it was usually just 5-10 questions per section. Very, very, annoying.

I outright FAILED one midterm because I spent too much time on the first essay, and came up short on time at the end. I admit I goofed and divided my time by the wrong number of essay questions, and didn't realize my error until too late to recover, but if I had been able to return, I would have done two passes through the questions, writing shorter answers the first time and expanding the ones that needed the second. This would have prevented the catastrophe. Luckily, I had 100% on everything else, but I still ended up with my only B in a class I should have aced.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • SteveFoerster
davewill Wrote:That's my biggest gripe with TESU's tests, whether TECEP or regular midterms or finals. They almost always separate the test into small sections, and don't let you return, which totally blows any sort of time management strategies. It makes no sense that I can see. On essays it was always one question per section, on multiple choice it was usually just 5-10 questions per section. Very, very, annoying.

I outright FAILED one midterm because I spent too much time on the first essay, and came up short on time at the end. I admit I goofed and divided my time by the wrong number of essay questions, and didn't realize my error until too late to recover, but if I had been able to return, I would have done two passes through the questions, writing shorter answers the first time and expanding the ones that needed the second. This would have prevented the catastrophe. Luckily, I had 100% on everything else, but I still ended up with my only B in a class I should have aced.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks their testing setup stinks. That's why I've dropped any plans of anything with an essay, because the whole setup is so funky. I've actually never seen a testing system designed so poorly...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Howdy,

I'm taking the TECEP for ENC 102.  I'm trying to find out if there is any actual research that is required while taking the exam in the ESSAY section with citation.  I know there is a section with paraphrasing/quoting and parenthetical citation, but wondering specifically about the essay.  And if so, how do they allow you to do the research:  Online during the test, they provide in test material, or other?  This is making me anxious. Thanks

Any other tips would be helpful.  This isn't the Technical Writing, its the English Comp II.
Hey! There are some older threads that share how they dealt with the essay portion! I just looked them up last week but don’t have them readily available to link here since I’m on mobile! Let me know if you have any trouble searching for them!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(02-06-2016, 05:24 PM)davewill Wrote: This would have prevented the catastrophe. Luckily, I had 100% on everything else, but I still ended up with my only B in a class I should have aced.

If only my youngest thought a B was a catastrophe! Wink
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
(04-15-2020, 10:24 AM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: Hey! There are some older threads that share how they dealt with the essay portion! I just looked them up last week but don’t have them readily available to link here since I’m on mobile! Let me know if you have any trouble searching for them!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Thank You!  I tried searching and am not being very successful.  Any help would be appreciated.
Last year I took the TECEP ENG II and the DSST Principles of Advanced English. Both were easy but the TECEP had required writing assignments. I only remember the DSST as multiple choice but there might have been a few writings I have forgotten about.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(04-15-2020, 01:32 PM)vetvso Wrote: Last year I took the TECEP ENG II and the DSST Principles of Advanced English. Both were easy but the TECEP had required writing assignments. I only remember the DSST as multiple choice but there might have been a few writings I have forgotten about.

Thank you.  Do you remember if the essay part of the TECEP ENG COMP II required research during the test?  I know its at least 4 paragraph argumentative, but wondering if I will need to look up references and put citations in the essay.  And if so, 1) where do they allow the research from (online) or is it provided for you to mine through.  and 2) if needed, do you recommend any sites for researching during the TECEP?

I appreciate the help.  It's my first one and I am a bit anxiety ridden.  Thank You.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Writing TECEP - My Experience PreLawCoastie 2 724 03-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  What's the best free practice test for US History II Cookseykids 6 558 03-05-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Public Speaking TECEP PreLawCoastie 0 232 02-27-2024, 07:23 AM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TECEP FIN-3210 Security Analysis & Portfolio Management fmsoa 2 494 01-18-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: CFPhopeful
  TECEP Admissions/Rate my sanity PreLawCoastie 10 1,034 01-11-2024, 06:05 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 309 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Managerial Comm TECEP saraholson 7 1,726 12-15-2023, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  TECEP Federal Income Taxation Kones 9 933 12-13-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Help - how to register for TECEP exam? Carnation 4 378 11-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Carnation
  Learning in the Digital Age TECEP Avidreader 0 262 11-22-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Avidreader