Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone used the flash cards to study for a Saylor exam?
And passed..?
Agreed. I'd rather just study Flash Cards for Corporate Communications, lol
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Posted this somewhere else, but for marketing for example, I used this book Principles of Marketing CLEP Quick Prep Sheet

I read it a few times, paying special attention to areas where I had a hard time, then took a Saylor test. Total cost: $25(saylor) + 8.99(book)= $33.99(that's 11.33 per credit)

I'm sure you can find a similar book for corporate communications(also could be called business communications) and yes, flashcards could work, you just need to make sure they are quality flash cards.
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
So, say for instance, one used the IC flash cards for marketing and then took the Saylor test, would that possibly work out well?
Since I did not take it, I don't know specifically. What I do know though, is that Saylor, like the CLEP and DSST, is not specific textbook-based. Meaning it's generic, and you could use a myriad of methods/books to study for the exam. The CLEP and DSST exams were for anyone who already knew the material through various methods, and could pass with some studying of whatever they chose. That's why they don't recommend a specific textbook, like the TECEP does. Saylor was created using free materials available, and none of their courses is created based upon a single source. So you SHOULD be able to use IC to study for it. No guarantees obviously, but then it's only $25, and if you don't pass, you can retake it 3 days later (last I heard).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
From my experience with Saylor, you can def use IC flashcards to study, but along with going over the practice test at least once, and understanding the concepts presented in the lesson quizzes. Because on some tests, specific articles/video lectures in the course material are referred to. If you pass the practice test twice, you def know what you need to know.

Quote:So, say for instance, one used the IC flash cards for marketing and then took the Saylor test, would that possibly work out well?

I failed the marketing one my first time around, maybe because I relied more on the flashcards, and less on the saylor practice test and quizzes. For the second time around, I used a lot of random marketing flashcards from quizlet and aced it. But everyone else seems to have found this test a no-brainer, so maybe the fail was just a day off for my brain lol Wink
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Just a follow-up question, in case I'm not doing this right. I just logged onto my Saylor and took the final exam(non-credit). I haven't studied the IC flash cards or taken the course material yet, but I scored a 7.4/10 on the test. Did I take the wrong one? It was only 50 questions and I had a 2 hour time limit. Are the proctored Saylor exams the same as the non-proctored final exams?
xrep08 Wrote:Just a follow-up question, in case I'm not doing this right. I just logged onto my Saylor and took the final exam(non-credit). I haven't studied the IC flash cards or taken the course material yet, but I scored a 7.4/10 on the test. Did I take the wrong one? It was only 50 questions and I had a 2 hour time limit. Are the proctored Saylor exams the same as the non-proctored final exams?

The're not the same, but they test the same general knowledge. With a 7.4, personally I'd study up a bit more and then retake it, but I also try to be in the 80's on practice exams before I do the 'real' ones. I also stress out way too much over it, so there's that.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 431 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 751 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,272 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 376 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Saylor---Easy??? midnite123 12 1,740 10-06-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,349 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 958 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,336 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az