Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Degree Audit Changes with no explanation
I am having MAJOR issues and confusion with TESU. Last night I went to my degree audit to make sure I had planned out all of my courses before I sent my final transcripts in. Last night, it said that I had 35.33 left. That's what I agreed with as well. I had sent an email to confirm I had taken the correct number of UL AOS Classes and the advisor responded (Patty) and then when I went and looked it had 37.33. I emailed to ask why it changed and then when I went back in to write a formal email and include screen shots it had that I needed 40!?! 

What is happening?? Had anyone EVER had this happen? I was planning on a March graduation and now I feel like everytime I think I am there it's going to change!

What should I do?
By "degree audit" I assume you mean your academic evaluation. Were you able to pinpoint where the discrepancy was exactly? It will be very hard to analyze without knowing that. The most common reason for this kind of thing is asking some seemingly innocuous question of advising and having them change your eval when you didn't ask them to.

Example, "Could I use XYZ course in GenEd Electives?" then they just move it for you rather than answer.

P.S. I always used to save copies of my eval, partly for this kind of reason, and partly because I liked to review it without having to log in all the time.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
It sounds like they may be actively moving things around. When did you apply - is this your first evaluation?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

The decimals in there makes me ask if you brought in courses from a college using quarters instead of hours? That's sometimes the reason you'll see that, but I wouldn't panic just yet- see if you can find what they did - that will help you ask the right questions.
Like davewill said, save a copy of your eval when you determine it is "right." Then, if they move things around, you can see what happened and have them change it back.

Also as davewill said, they routinely move things when you just ask a question (that wasn't "can you move this course here?"). So, figure out what happened, make any changes needed, download a copy, and then work from there.

And, I almost forgot - is this your first eval? If so, they may still be adding/subtracting, reviewing courses; so they may not have completely finished looking at all of your transcripts. If it's your first one, give it a week or so, so that they can finish before you do anything.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I’m back. Luckily, they called and fixed it all after a few emails. It wasn’t my first eval but they did exactly as you all said - they moved stuff and it was out of place. I panicked a little but this forum is always so helpful. Thank you!
[-] The following 2 users Like hrriggs03's post:
  • cookderosa, Toastmaster

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 88 Yesterday, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 50 5,254 04-26-2024, 09:25 AM
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 761 04-26-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 236 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Where should I get my accounting degree? mt_1994 10 269 04-25-2024, 10:10 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,620 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 640 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 572 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 287 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,344 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy