Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help/Recommendations needed (studying abroad)
Beate Wrote:Hi, where abouts are you?
Yes, they were one of the few I received a reply from, unlike some other place in London and centers in Slovakia, Italy, Switzerland...
Back in 2010 TrainE were charging 50 Pounds per test proctoring fee and were testing "Tues after 2, Thurs after 1:30 and Friday am". Rather than taking time off work and traveling to London and back several times (and paying those fees) I preferred combining testing with sightseeing and shopping in the States! And yes, I know that was more expensive in the end, but I also got to visit some lovely places. :coolgleam:

I have not looked into getting a degree in Britain as I had already started taking CLEPs etc before I moved here. I took my first CLEP in 2003, so it's been a long journey - mainly due to lack of funds (and indecision about which degree to pursue where).

LOL, I'm 45 with bills to pay, so studying full time would be out of the question anyway. One of my friends did just get her Masters from UWE though! Smile

I'm currently in Cornwall, so not too far away ... life is keeping me put right now, but usually I move around a lot Smile
Have looked at TrainE, so thank you for the feedback.
I totally get the whole indecision thing, I certainly have my "UptonSinclair" moments.

Getting an American degree is the easiest and cheapest way to do it, and as long as you get the required grade, from the right school, you can slot straight into a British university for a post grad or masters etc. ... including a law or psychology conversion.
I've been looking into it and you could (in theory, for example) ... zip through an American degree in 6 months (any subject will do) .... slide onto a post grad British law conversion course (10 months) ... and have a British law degree conversion in your hand, while a someone on a normal LLB degree would possibly be only halfway through their 2nd year. Obviously that idea sounds completely crazy to most kids struggling with A'levels, and to think, they wouldn't have to bother with doing those either.

I'm not a spring chicken myself, and if you delve a little into the new "mature student seeks UCAS entry to university", the government changed the setup a couple of years back. If you haven't been in education for 3 years before applying, you have to now take an access course :ack:

I'm just thrilled that I was put in a position to find real educational freedom ... I've even noticed that Oxford University is offering external accredited courses now, that can be transferred onto these types of degrees Online courses | Oxford University Department for Continuing Education

I wonder how many others there are on this forum, outside of the USA, who manage to spread the word about these degrees??

The issue for high school diploma is generally waived if you have previous college credits to transfer in. Were it really matters is if you are an immigrant to the U.S and applying for financial aid like I was this year and received five thousand dollars in aid that I don't qualify for anymore so I knocked out 12 credits while the money was flowing. Two things are required for males receiving financial aid, a high school diploma and to be registered for the draft through the selective service (or be exempt from the Military draft) Enrollment doesn't care but the financial aid office needed proof that I wasn't a draft dodger and a HS diploma before each disbursement of my financial aid.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Quote:I certainly have my "UptonSinclair" moments.

I am starting to feel a little self conscious. :willynilly:
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
EI2HCB Wrote:The issue for high school diploma is generally waived if you have previous college credits to transfer in. Were it really matters is if you are an immigrant to the U.S and applying for financial aid like I was this year and received five thousand dollars in aid that I don't qualify for anymore so I knocked out 12 credits while the money was flowing. Two things are required for males receiving financial aid, a high school diploma and to be registered for the draft through the selective service (or be exempt from the Military draft) Enrollment doesn't care but the financial aid office needed proof that I wasn't a draft dodger and a HS diploma before each disbursement of my financial aid.

Hope you get the chance to collect more credit this year Smile

UptonSinclair Wrote:I am starting to feel a little self conscious. :willynilly:

Just saying you're not alone Smile you could start a club lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Degree plan - advice needed please Tripletmom 9 2,169 06-28-2018, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Tripletmom
  URGENT HELP NEEDED! Survey on Online Digital Learning due by 23 June for Capstone! Nightmoves5 6 1,831 06-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Last Post: fork
  Help! Advice needed! TESU enrollment expiring. Lewis.Yim 15 4,421 05-18-2018, 09:22 AM
Last Post: sheptr
Big Grin TESU guidance needed please Tripletmom 8 1,931 03-08-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Recommendations for TESU's "Understanding the Physical and Natural World"? leland.kirk 7 1,878 02-15-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: davewill
  New to this - Advice Needed cleper123 3 1,214 12-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Last Post: cleper123
  Tesu ba psychology course guidance needed please lovewins 8 2,511 07-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA Progress Recommendations? dan.g 7 1,818 07-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any Recommendations Liberal Arts Capstone LIB-495. oldtown77 4 2,981 06-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Last Post: jane_eyre11
  Degree plan help needed. TESU BA in Communications MINHAC 2 889 05-08-2017, 12:17 AM
Last Post: dfrecore