Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please!! Someone must know someone that can help answer this.
There are two  sections in the instacert FC called "Citing sources part 1 and 2" for the college composition clep exam. 
It involves knowing the basic style formats for MLA, APA and CMS. 

My question is two fold. 

Are the instacert FC current with the style formats latest editions? (and if so then)
 Is the college composition clep exam current with the style formats latest editions?

For example this is a citation style chart from 2018:   
https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_...nChart.pdf

and

this is one from 2012:
https://www.uni-hildesheim.de/media/fb3/...ue_edu.pdf

As you can see there are a variation of subtle changes from 2012 to the 2018.

It's possible I'm reading too much into this. That' why i would really appreciate some feedback, especially from individuals that have studied and taken the College Composition Clep.     

Thanks

Huh
For APA, I think you should follow Purdue OWL, although I found that some conventions are not mentioned. But 95% of the APA convention is on Purdue OWL. Even TESU recommends OWL for reference.

For MLA, Purdue OWL seems to follow the 2016 version. While easybib follows MLA-8, the more recent version. My study.com instructor recommended that I stick with Purdue OWL for my MLA written assignment. There is only a slight change between the two versions. In the more recent version, you do not have ‘accessed on....(date)’ at the end, when you are citing a website.

Is there a way you can write to the CLEP authorities and seek clarification about their preferences? Create 2 or 3 model citations based on the different versions you find online, and send it to them and ask them which one they like to follow. Professor/instructor choice variations will always exist.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
When I took the CLEP (this was about three years ago), they didn't ask any questions about specific citation styles or require you to use a specific style. They just cared THAT you cited your sources (which meant, they wanted you to mention them in the text of your essay). Not sure if it's changed since then.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,175 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  5 Questions to Answer When Creating a Positive Online Presence for College Acceptance LevelUP 0 416 03-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Request advice and answer to some questions on courses, credits - regarding TESU BSBA jingyu96 4 1,995 09-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Question - Can not find answer anywhere! vcv 13 2,732 02-17-2017, 12:35 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Different answer for same question on REA and InstantCert LisaSC 1 1,188 08-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Please help me find the answer to these chemistry questions jgbenjamin 13 1,382 04-19-2016, 06:28 AM
Last Post: jgbenjamin
  IC answer question tesu-acct-student 2 681 03-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Al2010x
  English Comp II question (I did search & don't see an answer) Mamasaphire 8 1,040 10-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Mamasaphire
  Intro to STATS- ALEKS question need answer ASAO geissingert 3 848 12-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Last Post: geissingert
  Frustrating 'flashcard' answer mismatch dream-king 5 928 08-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Publius