Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with program and uni choice
Hello.
I had posted here before asking for a cheap masters program and I received a lot of helpful suggestions. I decided to go with NAU and their MCIT program. While this was happening I was on the waiting list for a university masters in computer security engineering and artifical intelligence at Universitat Rovira I Virgili. Two days ago, I received an email from them saying I was admitted. 
I am yet to complete my registration with them. Should I move forward with it or wait for acceptance from NAU? I don't care what the program is, I just need a masters degree thats equivalent to a Canadian masters.
Please advise.
NAU being competency based, I would wait for NAU if you plan to accelerate, afaik admission is not very competitive.

When I applied I called the help desk and she was able to give me a timelines for the next decisions round

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(09-24-2020, 06:04 PM)posabsolute Wrote: NAU being competency based, I would wait for NAU if you plan to accelerate, afaik admission is not very competitive.

When I applied I called the help desk and she was able to give me a timelines for the next decisions round

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
How was your experience at NAU? How did it take you to graduate? How many hours of work per week did you put in?
(09-24-2020, 05:33 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote: Universitat Rovira I Virgili.

I wasn't familiar with this school before this thread, so I took a look and the Doctoral program in Health, Psychology, and Psychiatry sounds very interesting, but I can't find whether this program has an online program or not.

I also can't seem to understand the tuition prices. I can't really see what they are for each program. If there is something I'm overlooking, please let me know.
(09-24-2020, 10:28 PM)eLearner Wrote:

I wasn't familiar with this school before this thread, so I took a look and the Doctoral program in Health, Psychology, and Psychiatry sounds very interesting, but I can't find whether this program has an online program or not.

I also can't seem to understand the tuition prices. I can't really see what they are for each program. If there is something I'm overlooking, please let me know.
https://www.urv.cat/en/studies/master/co...gineering/

Thats the link for the program I got accepted into. The tuition is around $3500 for the entire program.
(09-24-2020, 11:26 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote:

Thats the link for the program I got accepted into. The tuition is around $3500 for the entire program.

I see now, thanks. For some reason, the link I went to before listed everything in a very strange way. Those prices are really a steal.
(09-25-2020, 12:16 AM)eLearner Wrote:

I see now, thanks. For some reason, the link I went to before listed everything in a very strange way. Those prices are really a steal.
For a year long program its cheaper than the NAU. So idk if i should go with this or the MCIT since in theory I could finish that in 6 months.
(09-25-2020, 12:19 AM)Sdmj33 Wrote:

For a year long program its cheaper than the NAU. So idk if i should go with this or the MCIT since in theory I could finish that in 6 months.

If you live in the United States, and the U.S. program is less expensive, I think it's a no-brainer to go with the U.S. program. The only time I would say otherwise is if a foreign program is well-known internationally and more prestigious than the U.S. program which I don't think is the case here.
(09-25-2020, 01:32 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 10:28 PM)eLearner Wrote: I wasn't familiar with this school before this thread, so I took a look and the Doctoral program in Health, Psychology, and Psychiatry sounds very interesting, but I can't find whether this program has an online program or not.

If you live in the United States, and the U.S. program is less expensive, I think it's a no-brainer to go with the U.S. program. The only time I would say otherwise is if a foreign program is well-known internationally and more prestigious than the U.S. program which I don't think is the case here.
I dont live in the US. Rovira Virgili is a well known Spanish public university though.
(09-25-2020, 06:53 AM)Sdmj33 Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 01:32 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 11:26 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote: https://www.urv.cat/en/studies/master/co...gineering/

I dont live in the US. Rovira Virgili is a well known Spanish public university though.

Being from the U.S., I was looking from a U.S. perspective. I doubt Rovira Virgili is known much if at all in the United States since this is the first time that name has ever been uttered here, and only twice at the other board--14 years apart--with each time bringing up scrutiny due to lack of familiarity. That says nothing bad about the school, just one country where people don't know about it. 

If you live in a country where Rovira is well-known then that's something to factor in since NAU may not be known at all where you live as most U.S. universities aren't well-known internationally just like most schools internationally aren't known in the United States. Heck, most U.S. schools aren't even well-known in the United States outside their surrounding communities for that matter.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 255 8 hours ago
Last Post: armado
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 15,435 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,271 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,633 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,206 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 4,358 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,203 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  DTSC-660 at Eastern University (MS in Data Science program) AwardTour 3 1,717 05-25-2023, 04:17 PM
Last Post: AnonStudent
  JWMI MBA Program - My experience so far Vle045 15 2,725 05-15-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Looking for online Grad Cert. or Masters Program RoliJoli 4 1,107 03-27-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone