Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with testing out of Liberal Studies concentrations at TESU
(01-10-2019, 02:35 PM)Jenna.C Wrote: Thank-you! Your explanation is very helpful! 
And if you wouldn't mind and if you can, that would be much appreciated!

I'll try and post after I get off work!
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
(01-10-2019, 02:49 PM)TexasTink Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 02:35 PM)Jenna.C Wrote: Thank-you! Your explanation is very helpful! 
And if you wouldn't mind and if you can, that would be much appreciated!

I'll try and post after I get off work!

Thank-you!!!
Thank you TexasTink!! That is interesting, it is different than the AOS options for the BSBA. For a double AOS it requires at least 12 UL for each AOS and a total of 18 credits in that AOS. Thanks again for explaining that, I always thought too from the evaluations that there is a 15 UL requirement per concentration when I looked at their BALS website.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I just heard back from my academic advisor. This is how it works according to his email: “Each Area of Study has a Concentration, Liberal Studies-General Studies, and a Capstone. You only need to take one Capstone. The Liberal Studies-General Studies can have three of the same courses, so you could have three Psychology courses here.

As for upper level, you need 18 upper level credits, 3 of those is the Capstone. Then for the Area of Studies, they should have 5 more courses built in.”

So, if I bring in 3 of my UL psychology courses to the Lib Studies section, then I will only be required to take 2 UL courses in each of the concentrations. So, 2 UL Psych courses, and 2 UL Gen Management courses.

The issue however is with the Change management course. I haven’t been able to find it anywhere.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(01-10-2019, 03:22 PM)Supermind Wrote: I just heard back from my academic advisor. This is how it works according to his email: “Each Area of Study has a Concentration, Liberal Studies-General Studies, and a Capstone. You only need to take one Capstone. The Liberal Studies-General Studies can have three of the same courses, so you could have three Psychology courses here.

As for upper level, you need 18 upper level credits, 3 of those is the Capstone. Then for the Area of Studies, they should have 5 more courses built in.”

So, if I bring in 3 of my UL psychology courses to the Lib Studies section, then I will only be required to take 2 UL courses in each of the concentrations. So, 2 UL Psych courses, and 2 UL Gen Management courses.

The issue however is with the Change management course. I haven’t been able to find it anywhere.

Thank-you for posting this! Very, very helpful!

I also have no idea about Change Management. I wish you luck in finding a course that will work.

EDIT: If you do find out a course that will work, please let me know!
Okay, here is what my AOS evaluation looks like.  Note that this is just for the BALS Humanities - I don't know if they all work this way or not. 
*Also note that my evaluation is still not 100% correct as they have a LL class in my UL concentration.  It doesn't really matter though as I have 3 UL in my concentration and 2 UL in my Lib Studies General so I have enough overall.

Let me know if the attachments don't work and I'll try it a different way!

.png   AOS-1.PNG (Size: 68.79 KB / Downloads: 22)
.png   AOS-2.PNG (Size: 60.98 KB / Downloads: 18)

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
I wonder if the study.com course, ‘Leading Organizational Change’ could be used for Change Management.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(01-10-2019, 04:49 PM)TexasTink Wrote: Okay, here is what my AOS evaluation looks like.  Note that this is just for the BALS Humanities - I don't know if they all work this way or not. 
*Also note that my evaluation is still not 100% correct as they have a LL class in my UL concentration.  It doesn't really matter though as I have 3 UL in my concentration and 2 UL in my Lib Studies General so I have enough overall.

Let me know if the attachments don't work and I'll try it a different way!

Thank-you so much!! The links work and it is very helpful to see the way it looks. 

I appreciate you sharing!
You're welcome!

I also just heard back from an advisor and it doesn't sound like there's any way to do two concentrations. You can do two different AOS, but apparently not two concentrations because the Dean says they are "too similar". They basically aren't differentiating between your AOS and Concentration - they're viewing them as the same thing.

(01-10-2019, 06:09 PM)TexasTink Wrote: You're welcome!

I also just heard back from an advisor and it doesn't sound like there's any way to do two concentrations.  You can do two different AOS, but apparently not two concentrations because the Dean says they are "too similar".  They basically aren't differentiating between your AOS and Concentration - they're viewing them as the same thing.

Oh wow! Thank-you for letting me know. I don't really agree with the Dean as some of the concentrations are vastly different from one another, but oh well. 

Again, thank-you! You have been so helpful!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch