Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To: Sophia.org Transcripts
FYI, a few people Private Message me in regards to the Sophia transcripts and how to send it to respective colleges or universities.
These courses need to be placed into your ACE transcript before it gets sent to whichever institution you are attending...

1) Log into your ACE account and request the course to be approved, then wait
2) Once approved, to save on costs, I complete more courses and get them approved
3) Send the transcript to your school of choice, first transcript is $20
(each subsequent transcript is $15)

Note1: For myself (my first degree) I only had to do this twice, one for my initial evaluation and one final time for the graduation audit.  You don't have to send transcripts for every single course, I recommend to do them at batches or in my case, all of them.

Note2: Onlinedegree.com, StraighterLine & Study.com - These providers have options to send transcripts to your school of choice, there isn't a fee for this.  You can request transcripts and have them sent in batches (not one course at a time).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ajlm1984
(04-08-2020, 01:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: FYI, a few people Private Message me in regards to the Sophia transcripts and how to send it to respective colleges or universities.
These courses need to be placed into your ACE transcript before it gets sent to whichever institution you are attending...

1) Log into your ACE account and request the course to be approved, then wait
2) Once approved, to save on costs, I complete more courses and get them approved
3) Send the transcript to your school of choice, first transcript is $20
(each subsequent transcript is $15)

Note1: For myself (my first degree) I only had to do this twice, one for my initial evaluation and one final time for the graduation audit.  You don't have to send transcripts for every single course, I recommend to do them at batches or in my case, all of them.

Note2: Onlinedegree.com, StraighterLine & Study.com - These providers have options to send transcripts to your school of choice, there isn't a fee for this.  You can request transcripts and have them sent in batches (not one course at a time).
What about courses that one knows the college may not accept after a certain date? 

Right now I only have US History 1 in the queue of approved courses on ACE, do I wait or just send it? It says 15 dollars so it is not a lot in the grand scheme of things.
In a few hours they approve my art history. Very smooth!
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
Can ACE transcripts be sent electronically to TESU or do they need to be mailed?
BABA, New England College, 2019
(10-01-2020, 06:17 PM)harrypotter Wrote: Can ACE transcripts be sent electronically to TESU or do they need to be mailed?

Mine went electronically and it was fast.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • harrypotter
TESU goes through ACE, Pierpont goes through Parchment for Sophia.
No, Pierpont will NOT take Parchment through Sophia. I tried Parchment first and got an email back from Pierpont saying to submit via ACE. So I did. I'm still waiting for them to process my ACE transcript.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-02-2020, 04:57 AM)rachel83az Wrote: No, Pierpont will NOT take Parchment through Sophia. I tried Parchment first and got an email back from Pierpont saying to submit via ACE. So I did. I'm still waiting for them to process my ACE transcript.

Weird.  Pierpont forced me to get Sophia through Parchment.  I originally sent my ACE transcripts and they said I needed to send the Parchment transcript for Sophia only, out of all of my ACE credits.  This was less than 2 months ago.  I'm scheduled to graduate in November.

Maybe they require both. You did the same exact thing that I did but backwards.
(10-02-2020, 10:29 PM)utility Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 04:57 AM)rachel83az Wrote: No, Pierpont will NOT take Parchment through Sophia. I tried Parchment first and got an email back from Pierpont saying to submit via ACE. So I did. I'm still waiting for them to process my ACE transcript.

Weird.  Pierpont forced me to get Sophia through Parchment.  I originally sent my ACE transcripts and they said I needed to send the Parchment transcript for Sophia only, out of all of my ACE credits.  This was less than 2 months ago.  I'm scheduled to graduate in November.

Maybe they require both.  You did the same exact thing that I did but backwards.
About how long did it take for them to process your Sophia credits? I've been waiting over a month! Very frustrating.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
It took exactly a month from the time I emailed inquiring about the program to the date that they mailed me a graduation application. I also responded almost instantly to all of their inquiries and requests.

Do you have a ROAR account and can you check your unofficial transcript? They don't make it very clear but that's the way you can see what they've processed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 1 27 26 minutes ago
Last Post: Vle045
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 119 62,406 4 hours ago
Last Post: gamebradie
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 467 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 906 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 134 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 531 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,453 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 757 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,008 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 265 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77