Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I go about graduating from TESU?
I've been going beast mode on my remaining credits that I need to graduate. I accidentally burned up my two free academic evaluations. How do I go about graduating? Do I just send them my transcript with the remaining credits and fill out a form or something?

I'm also planning on taking two courses in accounting at CSU global do that's take very long to complete?
You have to pay for evals after 2?
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
You have to enroll to get more evals after the first two. You need to be already enrolled to graduate as well. The cheapest way to enroll is to take a TECEP (and you probably need to pass it too). I would sign up for November term. Depending on your background, there may be some easy no study TECEPs you can take simply to get enrolled and meet no requirements, but you can try to find one that will fit one of your unmet requirements as well. For example, the lib arts math TECEP is super easy if you remember your intermediate algebra and review 15 minutes on set notation. You'll be enrolled around 10 days after the start of the term of the TECEP. You should try to finish your last courses by end of December and get those transcripts sent to TESU promptly. Turn in your graduation app and pay the ~$300-ish grad fee by the deadline in December. All of this assumes you are prepared to pay for the $2k residency waiver as well.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
First, you have to have applied and been "accepted" into the school. Then, you have to apply to graduate, and give them $323. You then have to turn in all of your transcripts, and register for the Strategic Management TECEP (you'll need it to get your BSBA).

You just missed the deadline for December graduation, so the next time to apply is by Jan 1st for the March graduation.

If you're enrolled as a student, then you have unlimited evals.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I've already applied and was accepted in March. I'm planning on registering for a Tecep at the end of the month and have the cash for the graduation fee at the end of the month.
If you don't have residency (which it doesn't sound like you do) make sure you have $2000 for the residency waiver on top of the $323 graduation fee.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Does Financial Aid (Loans) Cover Fees? I was thinking of using one for that, and paying cash for everything else.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

Yes, they can, but you're not likely to get any (federal) aid unless you enroll at least half-time (6 credits).

I was able to find a private student loan that did not require that half-time enrollment. It was not my ideal situation, I'd rather pay out of pocket, but it would have taken me too long to complete my degree, and I plan on aggressively paying back the loan.

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
Interesting! When you say enroll, do you think TECEPs would counts? (I know, different topic kinda. TESU counts TECEPs for enrollment purposes, but does the Federal Government count TECEPs for enrollment purposes for Student Loans?)

If the Feds do "allow" TECEPs, then I would take Strategic Management and Federal Taxation and pay those with cash to be "enrolled" at TESU.

Otherwise, taking actual classes is out of the question, lol! (I think that's like $3,000 for 2 classes there???)

Would you mind PM'ing me the name of the lender you used? (if worst comes to worst) I would very much appreciate it!

Flelm Wrote:Yes, they can, but you're not likely to get any (federal) aid unless you enroll at least half-time (6 credits).

I was able to find a private student loan that did not require that half-time enrollment. It was not my ideal situation, I'd rather pay out of pocket, but it would have taken me too long to complete my degree, and I plan on aggressively paying back the loan.

Toastmaster Wrote:Interesting! When you say enroll, do you think TECEPs would counts? (I know, different topic kinda. TESU counts TECEPs for enrollment purposes, but does the Federal Government count TECEPs for enrollment purposes for Student Loans?)

Honestly, I don't know. My gut says no, but it wouldn't hurt to call the financial aid office and ask. Or you could just fill out the FAFSA and see what TESU will certify you for.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 593 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 430 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,102 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,105 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,980 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,324 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Financial aid for ACE credits ---> TESU? CourtneyBrooke 11 1,387 01-31-2022, 04:36 PM
  "My Valuable, Cheap College Degree" from Athur Brooks, TESU grad now Harvard Prof mahaganapati 10 2,802 12-24-2021, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 879 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Modern States: Mention of TESU+WGU (DF member?) bjcheung77 2 958 10-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack