Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I know which courses are UL/LL? Study.com SL
Hello,

I'm brand new here. How do I know which courses on Study.com and SL are upper level and lower level?

Study.com allows you to search for "Sophomore" and "Freshman" courses, or "Junior" and "Senior" courses, but the results are all mixed up. And I see "Intro to..." courses in the "Junior" and "Senior" results.

I can CLEP almost 90 credits easy (already have 18) for a bachelor's of business with COSC. But I want to add some of the neat business, marketing, and communication courses from Study.com especially. I don't want to find out later that they are all lower level courses though.

Or do i have to ask COSC about every single study.com course individually?

I contacted Study.com and their outsourced customer service doesn't know.

Thanks.
(06-13-2019, 08:35 PM)SCYankee Wrote: Hello,

I'm brand new here. How do I know which courses on Study.com and SL are upper level and lower level?

Study.com allows you to search for "Sophomore" and "Freshman" courses, or "Junior" and "Senior" courses, but the results are all mixed up. And I see "Intro to..." courses in the "Junior" and "Senior" results.

I can CLEP almost 90 credits easy (already have 18) for a bachelor's of business with COSC. But I want to add some of the neat business, marketing, and communication courses from Study.com especially. I don't want to find out later that they are all lower level courses though.

Or do i have to ask COSC about every single study.com course individually?

I contacted Study.com and their outsourced customer service doesn't know.

Thanks.

Here you go: https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab

Bookmark the link for future use.

100 to 200 = Lower Level
300 to 400 = Upper Level

COSC requires a minimum of 30credits UL (~10 courses) for a bachelors degrees and you can only use 87 credits maximum from study.com for a bachelors.
Thanks. That's perfect.

Most of the credits would be CLEP and DANTES. Maybe 30 or so would be Study.com (which seems to be a better deal than SL if you take more than two classes in a month.)
Make sure you plan out your UL credits carefully. You can get them in there easily if you plan ahead. Like, you could take Advanced Tech Writing at Study.com to fulfill your English 2 requirement, getting the UL credits at the same time as you fulfill the requirements you need. Lots of ways to plan them in, but you have to give it a little more thought than TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
English 2 requirement?

COSC Bachelors requires 6 credits of English Comp. I took the old one back in 2003, which was worth 6 credits. Do you mean the "English Comp 2" CLEP?
(06-14-2019, 12:26 PM)SCYankee Wrote: English 2 requirement?

COSC Bachelors requires 6 credits of English Comp. I took the old one back in 2003, which was worth 6 credits. Do you mean the "English Comp 2" CLEP?

I mean there's 6cr, which normally translates into 2 3-cr courses.  They require English Comp I, but then for the 2nd half, you can use other options besides English Comp II, like Tech Writing.

If you took the CLEP, then you're fine, you'll fulfill the 6cr requirement.  It was just an example of how you might fulfill the 6cr requirement AND get UL credits at the same time.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the tip. I'm still trying to figure out the finer details of all this. At the time I took these, I was trying to get some college credit while in the military. But now, actually considering a degree, and with many new options like study.com, there are far more things to consider.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SCYankee's post:
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,225 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 872 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 689 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,328 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,592 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,409 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 732 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,651 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 359 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,030 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat