Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have you used Study.com?
I really don't like Study's format. I wish different course providers would step up and offer some of the upper level courses so that Study isn't the only option for people in that price range. I use TeamTreehouse.com to learn programming topics and their video lessons are the gold standard IMO. Then I go over to Study's lessons for college courses and am so let down by the monotone readings set against stick figure cartoons. Lol. I'm glad there is an option other than attending college full-price and in person. But I just wish there was more competition among providers, so that companies had to increase the quality of their lessons. I really liked Straighterline because they had a real textbook that went along with their lessons (free, included in the price) and if you were lost on a quiz question you could search the book by keyword and re-read that portion. Also the Straighterline textbooks were so much more in depth and easier to understand (for me) than most of the Study video lessons. Study's quiz questions are often very poorly worded. That is ONLY my experience; many people here are Study Stans and will tell you all day long how great they are. My advice is, try a few classes and see if it fits with your learning style. Study's tests are much easier to deal with than Straighterline, because they record you and review it after the fact. With Straighterline you have to deal with a real proctor (often overseas) and just getting set up to take the test can take 45 minutes... not counting the time it takes to actually DO the test once you're set up and ready to go. So there's that.

What i would say is, take the "fun" courses from Straighterline (like anthropology or other general education courses that are easy/interesting). Then use Study dot com for the upper level courses that are not currently available anywhere else.

also take a look at sophia.org, they have a few useful courses. They are more expensive but they do coupons sometimes. They also use biometric recognition for their tests so you don't have to deal with annoying proctors.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,348 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,597 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,445 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 746 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 590 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 312 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 731 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM