Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long for UExcel?
How long would it take for one UExcel class? I am planning my next semester and have a UExcel class on "world conflicts since 1990" coming up.  Thank you!
UExcel's aren't classes, they're exams. Courses at Excelsior are $1530 and take 8 weeks. UExcel exams can be taken any time within the term you signed up for, and take 2-3 hours.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
(03-11-2019, 05:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: UExcel's aren't classes, they're exams.  Courses at Excelsior are $1530 and take 8 weeks.  UExcel exams can be taken any time within the term you signed up for, and take 2-3 hours.

Thank you!.  What I really need to know is how long it takes an experienced CLEPer and DSSTer to study for a Uexcel test.  How do they compare on difficulty and study intensity?
(03-12-2019, 11:40 AM)BeSmart01 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: UExcel's aren't classes, they're exams.  Courses at Excelsior are $1530 and take 8 weeks.  UExcel exams can be taken any time within the term you signed up for, and take 2-3 hours.

Thank you!.  What I really need to know is how long it takes an experienced CLEPer and DSSTer to study for a Uexcel test.  How do they compare on difficulty and study intensity?

UExcel exams are more difficult than CLEP and DSST's.  However, they do grade on a curve.
Community College - 39 Credits
Excelsior/ECE - Information Literacy, World Conflicts After 1900, Research Methods in Psychology, Weather and Climate, Workplace Communication with Computers, Labor Relations, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology, 
CLEP - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Educational Psychology
DSST - Ethics of America, Principals of Supervision, Health and Human Development, Human Resources Management, The Civil War and Reconstruction, Substance Abuse
SL
Study.Com
Yes they are more difficult than DSST and CLEP. I got my lowest grade on an UEXCEL exam. Some exams don't have much feedback on them.
The World conflicts uexcel has a lot of theory questions. I got an A on it. My prep was reading 2 of the books on the content guide in full, the chapter summaries in the 3rd book, and all of the essays in the Excelsior provided readings. And the 2 practice exams and the extra questions in the content guide. The books were all pretty cheap buying used on Amazon. I think I spent about $25 for all 3.
I’d estimate that about 1/3 of the questions on my exam were exactly the same as ones from the practice exams. And 1/2 were very similar.
[-] The following 2 users Like Sparklette's post:
  • 2thekeys, bluebooger
(03-16-2019, 02:10 PM)Sparklette Wrote: The World conflicts uexcel has a lot of theory questions. I got an A on it. My prep was reading 2 of the books on the content guide in full, the chapter summaries in the 3rd book, and all of the essays in the Excelsior provided readings.  And the 2 practice exams and the extra questions in the content guide. The books were all pretty cheap buying used on Amazon. I think I spent about $25 for all 3.
I’d estimate that about 1/3 of the questions on my exam were exactly the same as ones from the practice exams. And 1/2 were very similar.

I got a B on this one, but I didn't buy the practice exams or the third book. I do think that someone in the Word Conflicts thread has/had some good notes that I used.  One thing I didn't like about one of the books is that it was like the 7th edition and ended around 1999/2000.  So some of their theories, facts quoted aren't correct anymore.  

Most UExcel exams have 120 questions that you have 2 hours to answer.  Some aren't graded so they tell you to try and answer all the questions correctly. 

Best of luck on your exams!!!

GG
Excelsior/ECE - Information Literacy, World Conflicts After 1900, Research Methods in Psychology, Weather and Climate, Workplace Communication with Computers, Labor Relations, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology, 
CLEP - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Educational Psychology
DSST - Ethics of America, Principals of Supervision, Health and Human Development, Human Resources Management, The Civil War and Reconstruction, Substance Abuse
SL
Study.Com
The one I took I spent about 45 min studying for using Study.com. I had some familiarity with the subject beforehand and passed without too much trouble. You have way more than enough time to take it, don't sweat that aspect of it.
Study.com - 111 CR. TESU - 27 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 2 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 4 CR. Excelsior - 3 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. FEMA - 20ish
(03-17-2019, 03:15 AM)GonnaGraduate Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 02:10 PM)Sparklette Wrote: The World conflicts uexcel has a lot of theory questions. I got an A on it. My prep was reading 2 of the books on the content guide in full, the chapter summaries in the 3rd book, and all of the essays in the Excelsior provided readings.  And the 2 practice exams and the extra questions in the content guide. The books were all pretty cheap buying used on Amazon. I think I spent about $25 for all 3.

I got a B on this one, but I didn't buy the practice exams or the third book. I do think that someone in the World Conflicts thread has/had some good notes that I used.  One thing I didn't like about one of the books is that it was like the 7th edition and ended around 1999/2000.  So some of their theories, facts quoted aren't correct anymore.  

Most UExcel exams have 120 questions that you have 2 hours to answer.  Some aren't graded so they tell you to try and answer all the questions correctly. 

Best of luck on your exams!!!

GG
SL
Study.Com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  uexcel engx110? SweetsugarNL 1 119 08-13-2019, 04:48 AM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Bals how long to finish? SweetsugarNL 25 870 08-02-2019, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  UExcel counts to full fill BSIT? gams007 1 234 07-20-2019, 01:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How long is your credit eval good for Tlm 4 265 06-21-2019, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Tlm
  How Long for Classes to Post to TESU Transcript? SRES 2 188 06-15-2019, 12:43 PM
Last Post: pws
  Uexcel Diversity test kevro64 1 167 03-21-2019, 12:05 AM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Excelsior Uexcel Microbiology Cheeseburrito 5 489 03-02-2019, 08:27 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Uexcel Social Psychology ryanaryn 2 296 02-12-2019, 02:17 AM
Last Post: ryanaryn
  Uexcel practice & real exams Cheeseburrito 9 509 02-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Last Post: HappyNurse35
  Cornerstone @ COSC - how long does it take? edbrain 4 360 02-09-2019, 11:14 PM
Last Post: cookderosa