Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get Sophia for FREE! (Expired)
I just stumbled upon a way to get Sophia for Free!  I have been a part time, mostly personal use Avon Rep for a really long time.  One of the benefits we have is PerkSpot.  I just logged in to my perkspot to see what might be new and useful and I found Sophia listed there through a benefit site called Workforce Edge.  

I know that my mom has access to Perkspot through her former employer as a retiree benefit.  I would imagine that there are a lot of employers out there that might offer this “perkspot” access.  If not, it is SUPER cheap to sign up as an Avon rep.  I think it might be free.  (This would be through Avon in the US.  I don’t know if the other Avon offers it.).  I really don’t “work” the Avon business.  I just order things I personally use and my mom orders from me, so if this is something that could benefit you, it could be worth it.

I am pretty excited for this.  I do have several courses I would like to take regardless of whether I *need* them.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 10 users Like Vle045's post:
  • , cbbaker, clj626, FastTrackDegree, hsfamfun, jch, katsiki, MNomadic, rachel83az, thewupk
Quick google shows that it's usually $5 to $30 to "start up" as an Avon rep. I'm not advocating for anyone to actually "work for" Avon either, because they make promises that aren't realized. But five to thirty bucks isn't bad for access to Sophia. Even if you were to only get 1 free month, that's still cheap for Sophia.

Right now, though, it does appear to be FREE: https://www.avon.com/becomearep

(Avon also has some pretty nice products, if you happen to want to buy anything.)
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • , MNomadic
From what they told me, i will get 12 months of Sophia free once I sign up through workforce edge. I am going to have to figure out how I add that to my existing Sophia account. It’s super easy if you are signing up for the first time though.

I think this is a BIG workforce benefit provider, so I would say if you work for a big corporation, see if you have perkspot. It’s a great resource. I also got a nice discount on pet insurance from perkspot. TBH, I keep my Avon account partially FOR Perkspot.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • , rachel83az
Nice! Let us know the steps for adding it to an existing Sophia account once you figure it out. I'm sure plenty of people here would love to have that information.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  •
Sweet! This turned out better than I expected. So, I had to get on chat. I had an active membership. So he actually cancelled my membership and refunded my payment. Then I just had to log back in and click “Become a Member” and put in my code. Now I have a free membership through March 2023! I might as well knock out anything business related, and anything else that might be remotely interesting. Ya never know. I am going to go order some Avon stuff now. Want to keep that account active. LOL.

Seriously, look for the Perkspot benefit. So many good deals. Maybe your employer has it. If not, Avon is an easy way to get it.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

[-] The following 4 users Like Vle045's post:
  • clj626, k-k-k-katy, rachel83az, ss20ts
You've just single-handedly dropped the cost of a Pierpont degree to under $100 for most students!
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 5 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • , FastTrackDegree, hsfamfun, ss20ts, Vle045
LOL. Hopefully someone is able to make good use of it. I know people come along and ask about free Sophia from time to time. I just hope I am able to put it to good use myself. I tend to be on and off with it. But now I don’t have to spend any money on it for a year. Right now I am doing History of the US 1 (in case I decide to go for the Texas A&M program) and Macroeconomics (in case I decide to go for UMPI). This could help with UMPI if I can get it closer to 10 courses with this and what I have.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

I just checked my perkspot but it doesn't offer Sophia so I just signed up for Avon, lol.
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS, Board of Governors---Pierpont Community & Technical College, 12/23
Certificate, Community Health Worker---Berkeley City College, 12/23

Upcoming: 
Certificate, Certified Tutor---Berkeley City College
Certificate, Library Technician---Long Beach City College

Considering:
Regents BA---Fairmont State University

[-] The following 1 user Likes staceydiane's post:
  • rachel83az
(03-01-2022, 11:52 AM)staceyelle Wrote: I just checked my perkspot but it doesn't offer Sophia so I just signed up for Avon, lol.

In case it’s not easy to find from the Avon Dashboard, you can go right to Perkspot at https://avon.perkspot.com/login

You just need your representative number to sign up for perkspot.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

[-] The following 3 users Like Vle045's post:
  • , hsfamfun, rachel83az
I signed up for Avon and made a workforce account. I submitted an interest card for the free Sophia courses and am waiting to hear back from them. Thanks for the tip!
[-] The following 2 users Like cbbaker's post:
  • , Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 10 176 54 minutes ago
Last Post: Kab
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 115 59,184 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 557 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 817 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 198 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 848 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 321 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 235 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,148 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 353 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM