Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I/O Psychology Research Paper
Hi.
I need to submit a research paper for my I/O Psychology course on SDC. Has anyone here taken this course? If so, you probably know the requirements. I am supposed to analyse one publicly traded company and build up my paper around 5-6 prompts that they have given. Is anyone here able to suggest to me some primary sources of research information for publicly traded companies? I am a bit unsure as to how one can find primary sources for HR-related info like recruitment practices, employee satisfaction etc. I have identified secondary sources like articles and interviews. But I would like some guidance on how to go about finding sources of info.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Hi. I am going to be taking some UL CS/CIS and other courses such as UL History/Psychology from Study.com, where do you recommend getting the sources from? I am searching the forum for answers and this is the first post it links to.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(11-29-2018, 03:59 AM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Hi.  I am going to be taking some UL CS/CIS and other courses such as UL History/Psychology from Study.com, where do you recommend getting the sources from?  I am searching the forum for answers and this is the first post it links to.

Hi.
I might be able to offer you some suggestions for UL Psychology courses. I used the following sources:

Harvard Health Publishing- For health and wellness related articles. Includes mental health.
Harvard Educational Review- For some good scholarly papers about education, intelligence testing etc.
National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland - The entire Website has some good info.
APA website- For some articles, interviews, blog posts.
U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health- You find some good research papers.
researchgate.net- Allows you to download free PDFs of select items.
JSTOR
Google Scholar- for all miscellaneous searches. Try doing a filetype:pdf<search term> to narrow down results
DSM- there are several links to download DSM Version 4 for free. If you are lucky, you might find a link to the latest DSM-5.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(10-26-2018, 10:32 PM)Supermind Wrote: Hi.
I need to submit a research paper for my I/O Psychology course on SDC. Has anyone here taken this course? If so, you probably know the requirements. I am supposed to analyse one publicly traded company and build up my paper around 5-6 prompts that they have given. Is anyone here able to suggest to me some primary sources of research information for publicly traded companies? I am a bit unsure as to how one can find primary sources for HR-related info like recruitment practices, employee satisfaction etc. I have identified secondary sources like articles and interviews. But I would like some guidance on how to go about finding sources of info.

Hi, 

I just recently completed this course. I did my paper on Walmart. I don't think I really used any primary sources, other then a page from Walmart's website
Honestly, I've never really been concerned with primary sources for SDC papers. It's only one part of the entire grading rubric and not using them has never affected me. 

Good luck! 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jenna.C's post:
  • TheMaskedMutant

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 411 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Research Papers Study.com joshua27 1 564 01-21-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Sociology and Psychology at Sophia ACI 2 1,200 03-28-2022, 04:22 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Coopersmith Physiological Psychology UL ryanaryn 6 2,233 09-27-2021, 10:05 AM
Last Post: justmelly
  Abnormal Psychology Coopersmith Cammilynn 6 1,688 07-23-2021, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  4 Psychology Courses Needed Julie S. 14 1,989 06-04-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) mcorye91 16 2,113 12-28-2020, 05:42 PM
Last Post: cerich67
  Research Methods in Psychology - Study Material romoh 4 1,360 12-06-2020, 01:21 AM
Last Post: harrypotter
  New Paper Policy for SDC?? Dorothy44 12 1,790 12-01-2020, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  Study.com or Coopersmith for UL Psychology Classes collegechick 29 4,424 11-02-2020, 03:01 PM
Last Post: P226mem