Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith Physiological Psychology UL
Provider: Coopersmith
Course: Physiological Psychology UL
Course content: A textbook is recommended, but unnecessary.  A two part PPT covers the whole course.  It is several hours long, and the narration is utterly horrendous.  There is a two hour video that is a narrated PPT, but it is much easier to listen to and very helpful.  Watch that two or three times and you should be able to pass the test.
Final exam format: 40 questions.  35 are multiple choice, 5 are written responses wherein you give an explanation for different situations or concepts.
Final exam content vs course content/practice exams: The included video was super useful, it covered all of the main points from the exam.  I watched it twice and then browsed through the two-part PPT slides and was able to pass with a B.  I didn't use the course textbook at all.
Time taken on course: About 7-8 hours
Familiarity with subject before course: Very little, only what I'd learned in Psy 101.  I did watch all of the videos for psys psych on SDC.  That helped me to visualize some of the systems better, but I found that the course content for SDC and coopersmith was very different. SDC's course will not help you much on the coopersmith exam.  SDC, apart from only being LL, also required TWO 2,000 word essays to pass their course.  That seems rather excessive, so if you are thinking of taking this course through them, weigh that in carefully.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: This course is very focused on nervous system anatomy. However, the focus seems to be on understanding what the systems do more than on being able to name specific parts, so don't get too stressed about the names of each part.  Concentrate more on how it works and on what happens when that system breaks down.  When you watch the video be sure to focus on the big concepts rather than the little details.  Some of the questions  on the exam are a little tricky and really test your broad understanding.  The questions you have to write answers to have the same broad focus.  You don't need to write much, one paragraph would do.  The video gives you what you need.  Watch it 2 or 3 times until you feel comfortable with it.  Since there are only 40 questions, you don't have a lot of wiggle room for wrong answers.
1-10 Difficulty level: 7.5

Overall, Coopersmith was a great content provider.  $165 for an upper level course that is completely online and doesn't include an essay was great!  I highly recommend
[-] The following 7 users Like ryanaryn's post:
  • alab21, eriehiker, harrypotter, jsd, Michelle779, studiousimp, suzycupcake
Thank you very much for this appraisal. Been wanting to know about Coopersmith courses.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
I love the write-up, but also chuckle at Psych majors thinking that two 2,000 word essays seem excessive. That said, Coopersmith being UL makes it that better option regardless.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • ryanaryn
Two essays might not be excessive when we follow a normal 4-year schedule of learning. The ‘Big Crunch’ of finishing a degree in less than a year is what makes these essays feel like a huge drag on time and resources.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • suzycupcake
Thank you so much for this - have you taken any additional Coopersmith classes that you'd have input on? (Specifically with regard to UL.) TIA
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
Just took this exam. I hope I did ok. I know I got a few wrong. One that I realize I got wrong was very tricky and another wasn’t in the study course. (Unless I missed it)
(07-23-2021, 01:31 AM)Cmglaser08 Wrote: Just took this exam. I hope I did ok. I know I got a few wrong. One that I realize I got wrong was very tricky and another wasn’t in the study course. (Unless I missed it)

How did you do? I am currently studying for this and feel some anxiety about taking the test because it is such a short one!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,241 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 544 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Positive Psychology TwinMom 2 409 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Coopersmith proctoring rachel83az 23 3,895 08-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Last Post: shaas
  What are Coopersmith courses like? lonelySamurai 0 545 05-16-2023, 05:26 AM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Coopersmith Music Education eminor7 7 1,008 02-09-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Graduate-Level Courses sanantone 4 1,232 01-03-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coopersmith New Courses ROYISAGIRL 15 3,194 01-01-2023, 02:45 PM