Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC System Analysis and Design - Mentor Review
bricabrac Wrote:It is actually 18CR UL out of 33CR in the Area of Study.

Ah!!! I was happy for about 2 hours. Smile And then came bricabrac and gave me... doze of reality. Smile And now I am sad again... Sad ( Just joking around...)
benjenkinsv95 Wrote:I'll follow up on this thread tomorrow after I talk to Mr. Stoltz to see what he says.

Can you give us update?
benjenkinsv95 Wrote:Hey UptonSinclair,

Since you are suggesting for lavagirl to skip the Software Engineering course, what key concepts from the Software Engineering course do you think are of value in case she wanted to learn them on the side in a day or two? I would agree that the course is worth skipping, but there are a handful of important concepts.

I would personally suggest learning about the Software Development Life Cycle, Agile Programming, The Waterfall Model, and Evolutionary Model as they are all seen inside the software industry to some degree. I would also recommend learning about design patterns as they can make your code leaps and bounds better. Some general purpose design patterns are taught here and some User Interface/User Experience design patterns are shown here.

If someone knows the Software Development Life Cycle, Agile Programming, and some basic design patterns it will make them a much better programmer. I've even seen job interview questions over these concepts for my company's "Programmer Analyst" positions.

The Software Development Life Cycle is covered in the System Analysis and Design Course. I don't remember design patterns being covered in System Analysis, but I am sure there are books that are far better than the textbooks on the subject. Unfortunately, the textbooks on Software Engineering cover the topic a mile wide and an inch deep.
Hey Bricabrac,

You were right. I just got some bad info.

On the plus side the Dean's office gave me a "one time exception" because of the misunderstanding and moved my CMP-354 course into my Area of Study. That will allow me to still graduate on time, hopefully this coming March. Though they made it pretty clear they were only allowing the course inside my area of study because of the misunderstanding I had with Mirsky.
I'm a 19 year old, Software Engineer, who is enrolled at TESC for a B.A. in Computer Science. My bachelors coursework is completed and I am waiting for graduation to roll around. Will start pursuing ALM in Information Technology with a concentration in Software Engineering from Harvard Extension School sometime in the coming year.
benjenkinsv95 Wrote:On the plus side the Dean's office gave me a "one time exception" because of the misunderstanding and moved my CMP-354 course into my Area of Study. That will allow me to still graduate on time, hopefully this coming March. Though they made it pretty clear they were only allowing the course inside my area of study because of the misunderstanding I had with Mirsky.

Thank you for the update. It is great that at the end everything turned out good for you.
benjenkinsv95 Wrote:Hey Bricabrac,

You were right. I just got some bad info.

On the plus side the Dean's office gave me a "one time exception" because of the misunderstanding and moved my CMP-354 course into my Area of Study. That will allow me to still graduate on time, hopefully this coming March. Though they made it pretty clear they were only allowing the course inside my area of study because of the misunderstanding I had with Mirsky.

Benjenkinsv95,

I'm so happy to hear the problem was resolved and you received a 'gift' for your troubles.:coolgleam:
I know TESC can be difficult at times, steering through the problem advisors/mentors, but the end result has been consistent. The decision makers are always fair and supportive of their students. This is why I continually advise students to take advantage of the appeals process The ultimate prize, your degree, is worth the email.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! cheersmate

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,675 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU - BSBA in Marketing - Plan Review chattenoire 2 1,274 06-22-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Please review my Plan BSBA in CIS ainokami 1 883 05-21-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Please review my Plan - Excelsior BPS Tech Mgmt ainokami 0 846 05-21-2018, 11:00 AM
Last Post: ainokami
  Please Review My Credits & Help Me Choose a Degree Plan warriortaupou 4 1,430 05-17-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  anyone passed Excelsior quantitative analysis exam? how to study? dsstmfa 1 1,669 03-31-2018, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Jsheets15
  Need your review burbuja0512 14 2,515 03-10-2018, 01:27 PM
Last Post: icampy
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,459 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,207 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BUS-421 Online Capstone Review BearEDU 8 3,683 01-30-2018, 02:27 AM
Last Post: NonTrad