Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am LOVIN ALEKS :)
emichele20 Wrote:Okay am I the only one??? I just finished my first course in like a day. When I first took a look at it awhile ago I decided not to go with it because it looked so tedious. But now I love it. I cannot believe that I will be able to finish out my general ed requirement with these courses and only pay $20.00 a month. So I can literally take as many courses as I want for $20.00 after I get the approval on my assessments. Awesome.

I also have to say that while I am still a big fan of straighterline their math courses are hard and are much harder compared to ALEKS. I like ALEKS for the math because it actually shows you what you are doing wrong. And yes I do like for my hand to be held during math. I am proud to say it Smile
Heya Michele!

It looks like you just recently started at TESC as well. I'm coming in with around 72 potential transfer credits. My 2 colleges should probably have my transcripts in the mail on the way to TESC sometime by the end of this week and I am hoping to get an official evaluation ASAP, although I heard it takes time.

Because a handful of my credits are nursing credits, I leaned toward the BA Natural Sciences/Mathematics because I felt it would be the quickest one to finish, but a great person on here suggested a BSBA, General Management or Learner Designed for me. The reason I bounced back and forth between a BSBA and BA is because I have never taken Accounting/Business classes and I guess I had a fear of the unknown..as if Mathematics would be much easier right? *sigh*

How would you say your math skills are and are you liking General Management? Was there a reason you chose it over another concentration for the BSBA? Lastly, I know you just started, but how many credits have you completed so far, etc.? It was a huge goal for me to complete my Bachelors by this December, but I am not sure if I can...crossing my fingers!
CollegeStudent7 Wrote:Heya Michele!

It looks like you just recently started at TESC as well. I'm coming in with around 72 potential transfer credits. My 2 colleges should probably have my transcripts in the mail on the way to TESC sometime by the end of this week and I am hoping to get an official evaluation ASAP, although I heard it takes time.

Because a handful of my credits are nursing credits, I leaned toward the BA Natural Sciences/Mathematics because I felt it would be the quickest one to finish, but a great person on here suggested a BSBA, General Management or Learner Designed for me. The reason I bounced back and forth between a BSBA and BA is because I have never taken Accounting/Business classes and I guess I had a fear of the unknown..as if Mathematics would be much easier right? *sigh*

How would you say your math skills are and are you liking General Management? Was there a reason you chose it over another concentration for the BSBA? Lastly, I know you just started, but how many credits have you completed so far, etc.? It was a huge goal for me to complete my Bachelors by this December, but I am not sure if I can...crossing my fingers!

Hi CollegeStudent and Thank for your questions. Check for answers below:

1) Truly my math skills are not too great but I know enough to get buy. So far the BSBA in general mgmt is going well for me.

2) I choose the BSBA because my major was business in cc so that I have a lot of credits in that area.

3) Well I have just completed Aleks Trig which is the equiv of Precalculus @ TESC so I am super happy about that. Right now I have a total of 93 credits.

Just keep the faith it will happen. Between Straighterline and Aleks it has made my dream become a reality. When I first started I choose many other schools and I was looking at almost 2+ years for finishing my degree. In January I started with around 49 credits. I earned 24 through Fema (only 5 could be applied towards my degree program though), 30 credits through straighterline (all were applied), 3 credits through the defense acq. university (federal employees), and 9 credits through aleks of which only 6 will count ( trig and college algebra).
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon
Where do I find the percentage completed. Is it the master account?
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
yes, you can login go to progress report and it should tell you what you scored on the assessment.

you can also go to reports in the student section select your most recent assessment from the box and hit go/enter. then scroll all the way down to the bottom to view your assessment results. anything over the 70% mark is passing to course.

HTH
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,178 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  finishing ALEKS? a2jc4life 2 1,025 07-25-2018, 11:52 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life
  TESU ASNSM in Computer Science (Math/ALEKS) question AwardTour 7 2,375 05-03-2018, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Math 105 on ALEKS for TESU BALS degree CarpeDiem8 17 2,481 06-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  What aleks courses for tesu credits requirement Driel 20 3,745 05-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Driel
  ALEKS Stats and duplication at COSC BrandeX 5 1,312 04-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  EC and Intermediate Algebra ALEKS videogamesrock 5 883 02-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Last Post: KayV
  ALEKS Busines Statistics equivalent COSC jeffmailxx 4 957 01-26-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: eaglescout16
  ALEKS-to-TESU Transfer Equivalency ? wandac 3 2,219 01-26-2017, 10:47 AM
Last Post: AJ_Atlanta
  Newbie - TESU BA CS and ALEKS question anthony24 0 737 01-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Last Post: anthony24