Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am a stoopid !@#$%^-+* & I ??HATE accouting
Ok so I went and take CLEP Principles of Accounting earlier today. I thought it was going to be ok cause I studied real hard. Boy was I in for a shock! It was very very difficult!! I studied hard using IC notes. Had 78 questions and 1.30.
I did NOT have time to finish. I think I left like 10 questions unanswered and probably just click away on at least 10 others.
Needless to say I thought I failed but I'll never know
I chose to NOT report my score. I did this because I am quite positive I didn't pass and also I thought I can take it b4 the 6 month period.
I was wrong! Even though I did not report it I still can't take it for 6 months!!!
This is CRAP!!!!!!!!! ARRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
I'm fully depress now. Sad
I need some other notes. I have to admit IC did not come through this time around. I am questioning if it's even worth $19/month I pay to this site anymore. Sad
What other sites are good for helping me prepare for Accouting ? i hate accounting BTW. I rather get poke in the retina by a hot soldering iron than to take 2 regular classes of accounting which this exam woulda taken care of had I pass with flying colors.
adrian Wrote:Ok so I went and take CLEP Principles of Accounting earlier today. I thought it was going to be ok cause I studied real hard. Boy was I in for a shock! It was very very difficult!! I studied hard using IC notes. Had 78 questions and 1.30.
I did NOT have time to finish. I think I left like 10 questions unanswered and probably just click away on at least 10 others.
I chose to NOT report my score. I did this because I am quite positive I didn't pass and also I thought I can take it b4 the 6 month period.
I was wrong! Even though I did not report it I still can't take it for 6 months!!!
I need some other notes. I have to admit IC did not come through this time around. I am questioning if it's even worth $19/month I pay to this site anymore. Sad
What other sites are good for helping me prepare for Accouting ? i hate accounting BTW. I rather get poke in the retina by a hot soldering iron than to take 2 regular classes of accounting which this exam woulda taken care of had I pass with flying colors.

Adrian,

I'm sorry to hear you had a hard time today.

The sad thing is, we just discussed the pros and cons of canceling a score a day or so ago in one of the most recent threads. It's a shame you missed it. It might have saved you from some of this heartache.

I wouldn't take out my frustration on Instantcert though. Canceling your membership would be like poking your eye out to spite your face! What would you gain by doing that?

There are many times when we are taking these exams, that we feel like we absolutely failed...only to be shocked to find out we passed after we click the final button. However, there is NO benefit to clicking the "DO NOT REPORT SCORE" button. The only time it 'might' be beneficial to you, is if your college won't change a score once it has been received (even if you retake the exam).

The good news is....you CAN take this exam again in six months. Since you have already taken it once, you will have the benefit of experience and hindsight to guide your studies.

My advice would be to focus on the other exams you need to take. The six months will fly by. Then, go in there fully prepared to take the Accounting exam again, and kick it's a**!!!

It's a shame that you didn't pass the exam today...but it's not the end of the world. Don't let this 'bump in the road' cause you to become disheartened. Learn from your mistake, and move on!

We're here to help you in any way we can.

Keep your chin up,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Here are some additional resources for next time:

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/00.../chapter1/

http://www.mhhe.com/business/accounting/...mgracct_s/

http://www.principlesofaccounting.com/

http://www.quickmba.com/accounting/

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
Adrian - I can soooo relate to your frustration about Accounting. I choose NOT to take it after studying IC for days - it just seemed so incredibly hard. I've used ONLY IC to successfully pass no less than 12 exams, so I have to say IC works, it works well, and it works quickly.
You may be able to call CLEP and say you made a mistake and want your score processed, it seems they'll do it for you. You can then at least know what you scored. Heck, you may have even passed!
One other thing, I've also failed one exam, DSST Money and Banking - by 2 points. It happens.

The next one will be way better! We're here for ya.
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Since you have nothing to lose by requesting your score, you may want to call Dantes/Thomson at 866-794-3497. You could tell them you had thought that you'd be able to take the test before six months had passed if you didn't report your score. I did this recently with a CLEP test I took. I didn't think I'd done well, so didn't report the score, as I thought I could take the test again without having to wait the full six months, which was wrong. I called CLEP, explained what had happened, and got my scores with very little effort.
adrian Wrote:Ok so I went and take CLEP Principles of Accounting earlier today. I thought it was going to be ok cause I studied real hard. Boy was I in for a shock! It was very very difficult!! I studied hard using IC notes. Had 78 questions and 1.30.

I HAVE FAILED TWO TESTS,BOTH CLEP TESTS, WHILE AMASSING 84 CLEP AND DANTES CREDITS. BOTH TESTS I FAILED WERE WITHOUT HAVING INSTANTCERT AVAILABLE. I HAVE PAID $20.00 A MONTH FOR THE PAST YEAR TO USE INSTANTCERT. THAT WAS MONEY WELL SPENT. I SAVED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND ALOT OF CLASSROOM TIME AS WELL. IS INSTANTCERT THE ANSWER ALL THE TIME, EVERYTIME, AND FOR EVERYONE..
HELL NO!! BUT, I'LL TAKE IT EVERY TIME OVER ANY OTHER SITE I KNOW OF AND WITHOUT SOUNDED LIKE A PAID AD LET ME FINISH BY SAYING, IAM 9 CREDITS SHORT OF A DEGREE AND I DID THAT IN LESS THAN A YEAR..I KNOW I WOULDN'T BE AT THIS POINT WITHOUT INSTANTCERT AND I CAN SAY THAT AFTER JUST FAILING NATURAL SCIENCE. THAT FAILURE WAS 100% MY FAULT AND NOT INSTANTCERTS. HANG IN THERE!! PICK YOURSELF UP, LOOK STRAIGHT IN THE MIRROR AND MOVE ON!!

MUCH SUCCESS GOING FORWARD,
RON
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.
27 CLEP AND DANTES COMPLETED COURSES AND 12 F.E.M.A.

ONE CLASS TO GO AND I'LL BE DONE. ASTRONOMY IS ALL THAT'S LEFT AND CAP AND GOWN HERE I COME !!
RBOWMAN Wrote:I HAVE FAILED TWO TESTS,BOTH CLEP TESTS, WHILE AMASSING 84 CLEP AND DANTES CREDITS. BOTH TESTS I FAILED WERE WITHOUT HAVING INSTANTCERT AVAILABLE. I HAVE PAID $20.00 A MONTH FOR THE PAST YEAR TO USE INSTANTCERT. THAT WAS MONEY WELL SPENT. I SAVED THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND ALOT OF CLASSROOM TIME AS WELL. IS INSTANTCERT THE ANSWER ALL THE TIME, EVERYTIME, AND FOR EVERYONE..
HELL NO!! BUT, I'LL TAKE IT EVERY TIME OVER ANY OTHER SITE I KNOW OF AND WITHOUT SOUNDED LIKE A PAID AD LET ME FINISH BY SAYING, IAM 9 CREDITS SHORT OF A DEGREE AND I DID THAT IN LESS THAN A YEAR..I KNOW I WOULDN'T BE AT THIS POINT WITHOUT INSTANTCERT AND I CAN SAY THAT AFTER JUST FAILING NATURAL SCIENCE. THAT FAILURE WAS 100% MY FAULT AND NOT INSTANTCERTS. HANG IN THERE!! PICK YOURSELF UP, LOOK STRAIGHT IN THE MIRROR AND MOVE ON!!

MUCH SUCCESS GOING FORWARD,
RON

Hi Ron,

Did you spill coffee on your CAPS LOCK button or something?

It seems to be a bit sticky.
hilarious

Just kidding with you...but it does make it slightly harder to read!

Did you decide on a replacement exam for your science req yet?
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
adrian Wrote:Needless to say I thought I failed but I'll never know

Dude, call the College Board and tell them that you misunderstood and thought you could retake it sooner. Look at this post: Click Here. That user thought the same thing, that he could retake prior to six months, didn't report his score, called back saying so, they reported his score and he got a 70!!! I know others on here have failed, but I've never failed one--but several times I honestly thought I had. There is no penalty for seeing if you DID fail. Check it out. It's worth it to at least know.
I'm an engineer. Go figure.
I appreaciate all the support. I just got shell shock I guess since it was my 1st time taking a college test. Seems like everyone here is very genuine. I will call the college board and ask about my test. At the very least I will ask what my score was. I have enrolled in 2 regular classes starting next week so for now I will concentrate my efforts on them.
I will take Intro to computing next which I hope I will pass with ease since I am in that vocation.

Initially my intention was to CLEP/DANTES these 6 tests.

Principles of Accounting
English Comp
Intro Computing
Organizational Behaviour
Principles of Finance
Principles of Marketing

Other than intro, the rest seems very challenging for me.
snazzlefrag Wrote:Hi Ron,

Did you spill coffee on your CAPS LOCK button or something?

It seems to be a bit sticky.
hilarious

Just kidding with you...but it does make it slightly harder to read!

Did you decide on a replacement exam for your science req yet?

Okay Mr. typing police!!! Iam not a good typer and it ranks right up there with my science and math skills. Iam going back to my security blanket for the next science fiasco and using Instantcert to study for the biology exam.
I plan to take this exam sometime in the next two weeks ..pass it and move onto MATH!! Was my typing easier to read..hope and just kidding!!

Regards..Ronhilarious
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.
27 CLEP AND DANTES COMPLETED COURSES AND 12 F.E.M.A.

ONE CLASS TO GO AND I'LL BE DONE. ASTRONOMY IS ALL THAT'S LEFT AND CAP AND GOWN HERE I COME !!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Does anyone else hate waiting for the next term to start? fromthedepths 9 771 06-26-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,223 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  I Hate Prometric sanantone 0 594 08-23-2014, 01:44 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  I hate you ALEKS!!! rickyjo 303 57,884 08-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Last Post: dcan
  For those who HATE this whole thing! jcameron 30 4,103 05-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Ruddigore
  Know what I hate?!?! (with clep...) GettinMyBA 9 1,764 02-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Last Post: GettinMyBA
  How much do you hate filling out all your info on dantes avi 4 1,039 08-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Last Post: snazzlefrag