Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I asked TESC why they hand out only general diplomas...
well if you are using financial aid then it comes from there. if not then you may be in trouble. the classes that you are taking through aleks will be of use. the fee is included in your tuition. i am under the enrolled options plan in which you pay up the fee and then can take however many courses you need with the amount of financial aid you have left. the comprehensive program covers everything for about 7k I think. with that plan you can take up to 12 credits in a year. I did not want to pay that much for 12 credits so i opted for the cheaper and will be taking courses elsewhere to help cut costs. Thomas Edison State College | Tuition & Fees
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon
emichele20 Wrote:well if you are using financial aid then it comes from there. if not then you may be in trouble. the classes that you are taking through aleks will be of use. the fee is included in your tuition. i am under the enrolled options plan in which you pay up the fee and then can take however many courses you need with the amount of financial aid you have left. the comprehensive program covers everything for about 7k I think. with that plan you can take up to 12 credits in a year. I did not want to pay that much for 12 credits so i opted for the cheaper and will be taking courses elsewhere to help cut costs. Thomas Edison State College | Tuition & Fees
So if I qualify for Financial Aid I should be ok? I was planning on dishing out SOME money, just in case, but I just didn't have 2k right away. So I will do more research.
CollegeStudent7 Wrote:So if I qualify for Financial Aid I should be ok? I was planning on dishing out SOME money, just in case, but I just didn't have 2k right away. So I will do more research.

The best strategy is to finish most or all of your outside (of TESC) classes and CLEP/DSST *before* you enroll and pay the tuition. If you've already applied, you have 6 months from the date of application to enroll on this application. Otherwise you have to re-apply.

totally agree with Mian. It is best to take the most outside and then transfer in.
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon
Wow, that's pretty expensive... glad I went into EC while on active duty, all fees waived!
Mian Wrote:The best strategy is to finish most or all of your outside (of TESC) classes and CLEP/DSST *before* you enroll and pay the tuition. If you've already applied, you have 6 months from the date of application to enroll on this application. Otherwise you have to re-apply.

Good advice.
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
emichele20 Wrote:well if you are using financial aid then it comes from there. if not then you may be in trouble. the classes that you are taking through aleks will be of use. the fee is included in your tuition. i am under the enrolled options plan in which you pay up the fee and then can take however many courses you need with the amount of financial aid you have left. the comprehensive program covers everything for about 7k I think. with that plan you can take up to 12 credits in a year. I did not want to pay that much for 12 credits so i opted for the cheaper and will be taking courses elsewhere to help cut costs. Thomas Edison State College | Tuition & Fees

The Comprehensive Plan let's you take up to 36 credits in a year. TESC's out-of-state tuition rate is the same as the in-state tuition at many public universities.

Thomas Edison State College | Comprehensive Tuition Plan

If you were to take 36 credits at Excelsior, it would cost over $12,000. 36 credits at Charter Oak would cost $9,900. TESC is by far the cheapest option of the three for people who have to take courses at the school.

I forgot there was one more reason why I decided not to attend COSC; I would have to pay upfront fees out of pocket while TESC would take it out of financial aid.
TESC's Comprehensive Tuition Option seems to me to be most appropriate for someone looking to take UL courses that can't be tested out of, and looking at TESC'sc course selection, it looks like that would apply especially to CS and Accounting majors.

I think any concern about what the physical diploma says is much ado about nothing- it's what your transcript says that matters.
Well it turns out that they told me my BA Nat Sci/Math is actually a CONCENTRATION and that academic administration has recently decided to stick to the way diplomas are printed. I guess it would make since if you're not actually majoring in something, but I was mad as I was incredibly mislead.
It's not the end of the world, but at this point I feel I will try out Empire State College SUNY, instead. I'm a NY resident and they accept all credits as well. Had no idea. I hope I can find some information on here about EC-SUNY.
I don't know if you're aware but with ESC you can't major in anything. It's also a concentration.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,739 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,834 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,646 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  My diplomas have been ordered! Whoo Hoo! eriehiker 12 2,642 05-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Last Post: 1thomasP
  Help with BALS General Management Concentration or alternatives YeaStudy 17 4,086 04-03-2018, 11:05 PM
Last Post: YeaStudy
  General question about TESU academic evaluation fork 3 1,310 03-24-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Ideas
Big Grin TESU MARCH DIPLOMAS MAILED OUT TODAY lca88 7 2,341 03-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  TESU BSBA General Management d.cononge 0 987 03-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Last Post: d.cononge
  Need Help - School that awards 60 credit general Asscociate Degree Synicaal 9 2,508 02-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: quigongene
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,454 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd