Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have 120 College Credits...
(02-08-2019, 02:28 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 01:43 PM)natshar Wrote: Just wanted to be clear TESU only grants two associates and if I already have two associates I'm not eligible to earn another one. Is this correct?

Yes, TESU policy states that they will only award a maximum of two associates degrees and a maximum of two bachelor's degrees to the same student. If you already have two associates, they will not award another. Likewise for bachelor's degrees.

(02-08-2019, 02:20 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: If the two associates were in the same type and ganted at the same time then its not a problem.

Like me my ASNSM in Math and ASNSM in CS count as my first degree and the AAS in CJ counts as the second. So while it is 3 degrees it only counts as 2.

Technically, those are only two degrees. The first degree is the ASNSM, which includes both the Math and CS options. Options are basically like an AOS, so you can have multiple options under the same degree. The AAS is a second degree.

Thats what I said.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(02-08-2019, 02:52 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 02:28 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 01:43 PM)natshar Wrote: Just wanted to be clear TESU only grants two associates and if I already have two associates I'm not eligible to earn another one. Is this correct?
(02-08-2019, 02:20 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: If the two associates were in the same type and ganted at the same time then its not a problem.

Like me my ASNSM in Math and ASNSM in CS count as my first degree and the AAS in CJ counts as the second. So while it is 3 degrees it only counts as 2.

Technically, those are only two degrees. The first degree is the ASNSM, which includes both the Math and CS options. Options are basically like an AOS, so you can have multiple options under the same degree. The AAS is a second degree.

Thats what I said.
I think Merlin was taking issue with you saying "it is 3 degrees" - it's not, it's 2 degrees with one being a double-major. Similar to my Psych/History double major BA I'm working on, except it's at the associates level.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
@mysonx3

Quoting myself:

"If the two associates were in the same type....Like me my ASNSM in Math and ASNSM in CS count as my first degree and the AAS in CJ counts as the second"

Quoting Merlin:

"The first degree is the ASNSM, which includes both the Math and CS options. Options are basically like an AOS, so you can have multiple options under the same degree the AAS is the second degree."

Clear as daylight to me.

Quoting myself:

"So while it is 3 degrees it only counts as 2"

Super clear as well.

I guess it didnt come across as I expected for whatever reason.

Nothing stops you from listing it as 3 seperate degrees on your CV
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(02-08-2019, 03:07 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @mysonx3

Quoting myself:

"If the two associates were in the same type....Like  me my ASNSM in Math and ASNSM in CS count as my first degree and the AAS in CJ counts as the second"

Quoting Merlin:

"The first degree is the ASNSM, which includes both the Math and CS options. Options are basically like an AOS, so you can have multiple options under the same degree the AAS is the second degree."

Clear as daylight to me.

Quoting myself:

"So while it is 3 degrees it only counts as 2"

Super clear as well.

I guess it didnt come across as I expected for whatever reason.

Nothing stops you from listing it as 3 seperate degrees on your CV

The reason I clarified it is because you said "If the two associates were in the same type....Like  me my ASNSM in Math and ASNSM in CS" and "So while it is 3 degrees it only counts as 2". I just wanted to clarify that this doesn't indicate three degrees, only two; the first two are technically the same associate degree (the AS in NSM), just with two specialization options (math and CS). I'm sure you understand that, but it wasn't clear so I wanted to point that out for the benefit of others who may read this later and think they can get more than two AS degrees.

As for listing it as 3 degrees on your CV. You can do whatever you like on your CV as that is up to you. If an employer or college reviews your transcripts to verify your academic credentials they will see that you only have a single ASNSM, but honestly, I don't think anyone would care about that since they are associate degrees, which get ignored once someone has a bachelor's degree.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
@Merlin I understand, it just didnt come across like that.

Without derailing the thread with the associates it depends. It can add value to employers and grad school.

Like for me the AAS in CJ since I am in law enforement adds value it adds a lot of value acutally and more than my BALS thats for sure. The BALS just ticks the box. But that related degree qualifies me for an additional pay increase.

Also if someone is doing a generic degree like the BALS having the associates degree can make a difference as it shows you have some specialized knowledge and will give you an edge.

Also the ASNSM in Math is a good complement to the BA in CS.

The ASNSM in CS is also a good choice as some grad programs in IT, CIS and CS state that you should have completed an associates or bachelors in a related field. So if you have a BALS that ASNSM in CS can get you into a grad program in IT.

Also electricians, technicians etc an AS or AAS is all that is needed to get into the door. The BALS can get you a management role or 'check the box' but most employers prefer some realted degree and that associates DOES make a difference.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

(02-08-2019, 09:29 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @Merlin I understand, it just didnt come across like that.

Without derailing the thread with the associates it depends. It can add value to employers and grad school.

Like for me the AAS in CJ since I am in law enforement adds value it adds a lot of value acutally and more than my BALS thats for sure. The BALS just ticks the box. But that related degree qualifies me for an additional pay increase.

Also if someone is doing a generic degree like the BALS having the associates degree can make a difference as it shows you have some specialized knowledge and will give you an edge.

Also the ASNSM in Math is a good complement to the BA in CS.

The ASNSM in CS is also a good choice as some grad programs in IT, CIS and CS state that you should have completed an associates or bachelors in a related field. So if you have a BALS that ASNSM in CS can get you into a grad program in IT.

Also electricians, technicians etc an AS or AAS is all that is needed to get into the door. The BALS can get you a management role or 'check the box' but most employers prefer some realted degree and that associates DOES make a difference.

I see your signature and is this why you are pursuing a BACS/BALS vs the BACS/BA Math?
@natshar I am considering adding the BA Math as a second degree for personal satisfaction. I didnt want to waste all those other SS and CJ credits so I did the BALS.

Strangely enough the BALS is more of an asset to me than math or cs in my job since my UL courses are all Soc Sci and CJ based and they do review transcripts.
Social Science, Management and CJ are the preferred degrees and thanfully the BALS and AAS in CJ are a good combo since I have a few UL CJ courses in my AOS.

I am strongly considering that BA in Math as long term I want to move to US (H1B willing) or the Philippines as it will be a great asset to my BA in CS. I'll only need Linear Algebra, Calc III and History of Math after I finish Geometry, Calc II, Stats and a UL math course I had preplanned.

I wanted to focus on my other projects and business though so I'm also considering the additional time as well. Math is not hard but it takes a lot of practice which is time.

I may end up doing all 3, I have nothing to lose except time. Because I need to pay for data structures and the residency waiver. I might as well drop that extra 1098 for one more course.

Its long but thats the whole story.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

(02-08-2019, 10:20 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @natshar I am considering adding the BA Math as a second degree for personal satisfaction. I didnt want to waste all those other SS and CJ credits so I did the BALS.

Strangely enough the BALS is more of an asset to me than math or cs in my job since my UL courses are all Soc Sci and CJ based and they do review transcripts.
Social Science, Management and CJ are the preferred degrees and thanfully the BALS and AAS in CJ are a good combo since I have a few UL CJ courses in my AOS.

I am strongly considering that BA in Math as long term I want to move to US (H1B willing) or the Philippines as it will be a great asset to my BA in CS. I'll only need Linear Algebra, Calc III and History of Math after I finish Geometry, Calc II, Stats and a UL math course I had preplanned.

I wanted to focus on my other projects and business though so I'm also considering the additional time as well. Math is not hard but it takes a lot of practice which is time.

I may end up doing all 3, I have nothing to lose except time.  Because I need to pay for data structures and the residency waiver. I might as well drop that extra 1098 for one more course.

Its long but thats the whole story.

Interesting. I always enjoy hearing peoples stories as why they are majoring in certain things.

But you can only officially choose two out of three (CS, Math, LS) so it seems silly to spend 1098 extra for a course that doesn't officially count for a degree.
@natshar Its okay though the Math is just for personal satisfaction mostly. I could list it as BA in Mathematics and Computer Science separate from the BALS. Math is well respected in CS jobs it can only help.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 308 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP