Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military enrollment
Since you have to complete the capstone & cornerstone either way, go ahead and check out the "what if" function of the academic evaluation. It should actually be even easier to complete than keeping the current catalog year.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-24-2021, 09:55 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Since you have to complete the capstone & cornerstone either way, go ahead and check out the "what if" function of the academic evaluation. It should actually be even easier to complete than keeping the current catalog year.

If you're just changing your AoS, I think you're fine - you keep the catalog.  But double-check that.

Major issue though - if you switch to the new catalog, you have to do College Algebra, Stats, AND BUS-210, which right now means CSM Learn.  But, I've heard that TESU will stop accepting that course for that requirement on 12/31 (can't remember where I read that), so if that's the case, then you can't complete the new BSBA at TESU via alt-credit.  So, either you change catalogs and then complete CSM Learn before 12/31, or you switch catalogs and then have to take CSM Learn at TESU. (We still have never received verification that they will accept the UExcel for this requirement that I know of).

Your best bet is to stay with the current catalog if you can.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
There are so many ways of completing this degree, the easiest would be to stay your current path and catalog, then email them to bump up your unused MAR 360 E-Commerce into your AOS, you'll have everything used from your transfer courses.  You don't have to change the catalog year or the AOS if you don't want to.  You can then finish this up by doing a few Davar business courses for cheapest, easiest, fastest, they're $99/2 courses and $15/exam, so it's $129 for 6 credits/2 courses.  I would suggest the following 4 courses, to hit 3 required subject areas:

Management:  CIS-301 Management Information Systems
Management:  MAN-372 International Management
Finance:  FIN-334 International Finance
Marketing to complement your previous MAR-360:  MAR-310 Principle of Sales
You can finish this AOS off with the Project Management course from Sophia.org at $79/month
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
She's over halfway through CSM course so should be done before the 31st. Thank you for the course suggestions. She did sophia courses a while back when it was free for a month, she has the project management and ethics course that need to get transferred in. Because it's military still might do 2 lower level elective teceps, and 2 will probably have to be UL business ones.
(12-24-2021, 10:16 PM)rixbae Wrote: She's over halfway through CSM course so should be done before the 31st. Thank you for the course suggestions. She did sophia courses a while back when it was free for a month, she has the project management and ethics course that need to get transferred in. Because it's military still might do 2 lower level elective teceps, and 2 will probably have to be UL business ones.

You can always do LL ones that will replace ACE courses you've already brought in - so let's say you took Sophia's English Comp II course.  You could take the English Comp II TECEP exam and it would replace the Sophia course.  It's probably not the cheapest option, but it's certainly easier than the UL TECEP exams which are notoriously difficult.  This would be my last choice in getting credit.  (Even LL TECEP's can be hard, but UL ones may be CRAZY hard).

You certainly want to take as many easy (to her) TECEP's as possible, if you fail one, you have to retake (so twice the cost) and UL are $225 vs LL are $150.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Staying with the current catalog and course of action for the degree would be ideal... However, if she completes the CSM Learn course and gets credit for the course, she may want to consider changing the catalog year "IF" she's interested in the Entrepreneurship and/or Marketing AOS. This is if she has the energy/time to get an AOS or two completed. The main difference is that the new catalog year has more free electives options/less general education restrictions, in fact if you plan the courses carefully, you can use the free electives for a second AOS if you wanted to without taking extra courses over the 120 credit requirement...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I still think you can change the AoS without changing the catalog, since you're still getting the same degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 621 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions about enrollment, TESU Sarahtheraven 8 1,089 10-27-2022, 12:34 PM
  Maintaining Enrollment Question Insert Name 3 715 07-01-2022, 02:29 AM
  TESU enrollment and class changes ACI 7 1,226 06-11-2022, 11:20 PM
  Am I understanding enrollment correctly? louise 3 606 05-21-2022, 03:44 PM
Last Post: louise
  TESU Joint Enrollment resistk 9 1,144 03-18-2022, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  TESU restarting enrollment studyandpass5 11 1,858 12-16-2021, 08:39 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  TESU Cornerstone SOS-110 Automatic Enrollment Outdated? schristian10 26 2,637 08-23-2021, 09:34 PM
Last Post: jch
  Withdrawing from TECEP / Enrollment Seagull 6 962 01-15-2021, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Extending enrollment Ideas 8 1,226 07-24-2020, 08:52 AM
Last Post: tjguitar85