Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation
I need help with Kaltura. I know how to record or capture clips through "mymedia" on moodle. I know how to save those clips to "mymedia" What I don't understand is how to import those individual clips into one project and then edit them using editor function under "actions"

It feels like this is going to have to be one take? Why? And there are NO presentation templates to use. This is a hideous program!
@mcquacks2

No idea on the clips.

I did several practices before recording and then one take approach. My laptop screen had the power point slides. Webcam on. kaltura recorded. I recorded two takes and used the best one to upload. But didn't do it in clips. Instead I recorded start to finish. Maybe someone else knows the how to on that. The closest I had to a clip, was on one of my takes, a family member's phone rang and I hit pause on Kaltura. picked right back up after getting the phone out the room. no points were taken off. couldn't believe I didn't check that before closing the office door. Oh well. it's all good.

Not exactly sure what you are looking for with "presentation templates".

For presentation (the slides part), I used Power Point. That was free to download as a TESU student. If I recall from a few years ago, the info the instructor/mentor shared was that it was 12-15 slides. 8-10 minutes of talking.

and I used a template from PowerPoint itself to get pretty stuff for the slides. But I was new to PowerPoint and needed to watch a quick youtube video for that.

If it helps anyone, I was new to using Power Point and used this youtube video for basics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF34-Wu6qWU
I remember it helped another student in my class too.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • origamishuttle
(04-02-2023, 01:33 PM)mcquacks2 Wrote: I need help with Kaltura. I know how to record or capture clips through "mymedia" on moodle. I know how to save those clips to "mymedia" What I don't understand is how to import those individual clips into one project and then edit them using editor function under "actions"

It feels like this is going to have to be one take? Why? And there are NO presentation templates to use. This is a hideous program!

Yes, it will have to be one take, as you can't merge clips together.  You can edit the beginning and end, though. 

You can use Canva or other programs if you want to create the slides.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle
I think I did it in two takes. Picked the best one and uploaded it.

Then did the same thing on the revision.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 361 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,326 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,040 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,144 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 878 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 874 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 1,974 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Anyone willing to share their capstone experience/sample? Amberlinjeanne 9 1,657 12-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne
  Capstone: LIB 495, theory only or need implementation StudentOLife 9 1,051 10-26-2022, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Pats20