Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I went out on my own and wasted lots of time and money!
I agree with business at UMPI or COSC.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • Tennesseegirl87
Oh, did you get an AS in Biology at NMJC? If you already have an Associates then maybe decide to go for or skip Pierpont, they are a good option for first degree holders, if you have an associates, it's technically not offered to people who have an associates degree - but there are people who apply with their transcripts and are awarded a degree after the fact... your choice...

With TESU, you can use the Pell Grant and complete a BSBA General Management as they don't have Project Management as a concentration, you can take some PM courses towards that area of study though - you can transfer all but the cornerstone/capstone. You can then continue on with a BALS NSM with a 15 UL and use your current LL's for the BALS Natural Science & Math concentration.

Note: If I read correctly, you have 6 UL credits at the U of Alabama, you just need 3 science UL to round out the NSM concentration. If you go for the BALS/BSBA combo, you should take the required courses through TESU for residency, they need 16 minimum. I would do two terms or three terms... here's a couple of links to write ups I've made in regards to them:

Link 1: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses
Link 2: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Waiver-Fee
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Tennesseegirl87
I agree that you need to just figure out what you want to do - but I still lean towards the BLSL psych/business at COSC or the BLS/ProjMgmt at UMPI. With someone who is "all over the place" and just needs "any" degree, I think your best shot is taking the easiest, fastest, cheapest way to an actual degree. THEN, if you want to later, you can go back and get something else (MBA at WGU, or something else you're interested in).

But getting A degree at this point is more important than researching and researching and researching and trying to find the perfect fit. I don't think that helps you much, you've already said you've wasted too much time and money on this journey. Just get SOMETHING at this point.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Tennesseegirl87
Just a question. Did you get an associate's at NJMC? If not you only need 25% credits at NMJC which you have. You might be able to get associates through a reverse transfer for free or super cheap and little/no work. At least then you would have been able to finish a degree on your way to your bachelor's.

And if for some reason you are drawn to ASU. If you are willing to work at starbucks part-time you can go to ASU for free.
(05-03-2021, 03:27 PM)natshar Wrote: Just a question. Did you get an associate's at NJMC? If not you only need 25% credits at NMJC which you have. You might be able to get associates through a reverse transfer for free or super cheap and little/no work. At least then you would have been able to finish a degree on your way to your bachelor's.

And if for some reason you are drawn to ASU. If you are willing to work at starbucks part-time you can go to ASU for free.

I did receive my Associate of Science at NMJC. I looked into the starbucks/asu program but you have to work 20 hours a week I think and I work 6 days a week currently so I can't swing it.
(05-03-2021, 03:38 PM)Tennesseegirl87 Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 03:27 PM)natshar Wrote: Just a question. Did you get an associate's at NJMC? If not you only need 25% credits at NMJC which you have. You might be able to get associates through a reverse transfer for free or super cheap and little/no work. At least then you would have been able to finish a degree on your way to your bachelor's.

I did receive my Associate of Science at NMJC. I looked into the starbucks/asu program but you have to work 20 hours a week I think and I work 6 days a week currently so I can't swing it.

Well, I'm glad you got your associates. Keep going you can get your bachelor's!

Yeah you are right you do have to work 20 hrs a week. I didn't know your situation so I was just suggesting it.

Also since you have an associates you can't do peirpont and would have no need to anways. Peirpont is for your first degree only and also would be useless at this point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Tennesseegirl87

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Degree Planning - Longtime listener, first time caller Wiser Indigenous 10 852 03-17-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Full-time Firefighter/Paramedic dpsaila 18 1,080 01-12-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Lots of random credits, (176!) need a BS or BA in Business LoveThePNW 3 464 12-24-2023, 02:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice towards my Bachelors, lots of details FinallyDoingIt24 5 414 11-06-2023, 02:31 PM
  Running out of time- Need ANY Bachelors RunningOutOfTime 27 1,904 10-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  IT'S TIME.... splirow 12 830 08-21-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Full Time SWE Looking for the Path of Least Resistance pughbert 8 1,154 08-11-2023, 08:32 PM
  CJ AS to BA or BS with minimal class time? AnalysisParalysis 30 2,221 06-02-2023, 10:11 AM
Last Post: AnalysisParalysis
  What if money is not an issue? Online Business Degree topdog98 11 968 01-27-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Its Time to Finish ... Need Advice Donojohn 7 768 10-06-2022, 10:29 AM