Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I work at Study.com now!!
Congrats dfrecore!
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

Congrats, are there any discounts you can get us? JK
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
Congratulations! You deserve it. You have already helped so many people. I wish I could get accepted into the Working Scholars program. I live about two hours from Mountain View, CA!
[-] The following 1 user Likes karaloehrer's post:
  • Ideas
(07-30-2018, 11:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Hi all,

I am excited to announce that I now work for Study.com as a Transcript Evaluator for their Working Scholars Program.  They actually reached out to me through this forum, believe it or not!

What this means is that I will now have less time to devote to the forum, including creating degree plans - although I still intend to stay active because this is a great place to get information, and share knowledge, with a great group of people.

I also hope that you'll still see me as a reliable source of unbiased information.  There is no conflict of interest, because the people on this forum are not in the Working Scholars program (although if you get a chance to join, by all means do so!).  And, while I think Study.com is a great source of credit, I will try very hard not to push anyone towards them over other providers - my spreadsheets will not change, and I will still recommend getting credits via all kinds of alternative providers.

I will also try very hard not to get involved in any issues any of you might have with Study.com in the future - if you think a course stinks, by all means, say so, and I will not say a word.  If you think they need to improve customer service, or create better content, or add more courses in a particular area, and want to say so on here, go for it.  And if you think they're doing a great job, you can say that too - I promise not to take the credit!   Big Grin

Anyway, I just wanted to be very transparent in what I'm doing here, and reassure you that anything I say going forward is still as myself - it is from me and me alone.  No one at Study.com is telling me what to say or not to say on here.

Congratulations. I hope it works out well for you. Thanks for all the work you've done here helping people.
Congratulations!
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
(07-30-2018, 11:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Hi all,

I am excited to announce that I now work for Study.com as a Transcript Evaluator for their Working Scholars Program.  They actually reached out to me through this forum, believe it or not!

What this means is that I will now have less time to devote to the forum, including creating degree plans - although I still intend to stay active because this is a great place to get information, and share knowledge, with a great group of people.

I also hope that you'll still see me as a reliable source of unbiased information.  There is no conflict of interest, because the people on this forum are not in the Working Scholars program (although if you get a chance to join, by all means do so!).  And, while I think Study.com is a great source of credit, I will try very hard not to push anyone towards them over other providers - my spreadsheets will not change, and I will still recommend getting credits via all kinds of alternative providers.

I will also try very hard not to get involved in any issues any of you might have with Study.com in the future - if you think a course stinks, by all means, say so, and I will not say a word.  If you think they need to improve customer service, or create better content, or add more courses in a particular area, and want to say so on here, go for it.  And if you think they're doing a great job, you can say that too - I promise not to take the credit!   Big Grin

Anyway, I just wanted to be very transparent in what I'm doing here, and reassure you that anything I say going forward is still as myself - it is from me and me alone.  No one at Study.com is telling me what to say or not to say on here.

Such an amazing opportunity! Congratulations!
Congrats, dfrecore. I’m sure you will do great things there.
congratulations!
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Congratulations! What a great opportunity. You deserve it.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
Congrats!!! That sounds like the perfect job for you. I'm not surprised they would want you. I always loved study.com out of all the providers and I think they made a good pick. Good luck in the new endeavor!!!
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,343 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,596 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,435 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 745 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 360 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,902 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 590 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 312 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 731 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM