Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IBM ACE
Information 
It appears that some of IBM's certificate programs hosted through Coursera have gained ACE status. At first glance, the 2 data-related ones seem to be about the same and offer the same credits. All 3 of the ACE listings include some UL credits which could be very beneficial. I don't yet see the ACE endorsement listed on Credly or Coursera. With Google and IBM investing more in training/certificate programs hosted through Coursera and pursuing ACE status for some of their offerings, hopefully, they will continue to expand and more tech companies will start following their lead. These courses should be self-paced. 

Cybersecurity Analyst Professional 
Credly listing
Coursera link

Data Analyst Professional

Data Science Professional
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 5 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • dreamarts, jch, MuadDib, Pikachu, thecontrarian
Unfortunately, IBM courses are EXCLUDED from Coursera Plus. If these were included, you could get up to 34 credits (including 8 UL credits) for $59/mo or $399 for the year. This way, it's at least $49/mo for EACH of these. That can save you money, but only if you do them consecutively and not in parallel.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • dreamarts, jch, Pikachu
(10-19-2021, 03:04 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Unfortunately, IBM courses are EXCLUDED from Coursera Plus. If these were included, you could get up to 34 credits (including 8 UL credits) for $59/mo or $399 for the year. This way, it's at least $49/mo for EACH of these. That can save you money, but only if you do them consecutively and not in parallel.
Are you referring to only the data based certs or all three certs that the op stated? And how fast is something like this is it doable in 6 months?
I'm referring to all of them. All of them together are 34 credits. Each certificate is at least $49/mo. I haven't gone through them myself, but I suspect that they could each be done in 2-3 months if you were to concentrate on them.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • dreamarts, Pikachu
(10-20-2021, 03:32 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I'm referring to all of them. All of them together are 34 credits. Each certificate is at least $49/mo. I haven't gone through them myself, but I suspect that they could each be done in 2-3 months if you were to concentrate on them.

do you know what these would show up as on a TESU transcript, I know it may take a couple of months but 34 credits is a decent amount to add in that time frame? if not the classes does tesu actually accept that amount of credit?
No idea how these would show up on a TESU transcript. They might only bring in the certs as 3-6 credits the same way that they do with the Google IT Support Professional Certificate. That one is worth 12 credits at ACE but they only give you 3 credits as CMP-202 Foundations of Info Technology. If you're okay with potentially only getting 9 credits, go for it.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(10-19-2021, 03:04 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Unfortunately, IBM courses are EXCLUDED from Coursera Plus. If these were included, you could get up to 34 credits (including 8 UL credits) for $59/mo or $399 for the year. This way, it's at least $49/mo for EACH of these. That can save you money, but only if you do them consecutively and not in parallel.

I applied for financial aid again, since I was out of work at the time I did the Google cert it was approved then and I finished it before paying anything. Worth it to take the 10 minutes to apply.
I should point out that it's very unlikely anyone would get full credit for both data science and data analytics. Both their ACE listings overlap by 6 credits(intro to python and intro to SQL) and over half their courses overlap on Coursera.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I like the new IBM ACE courses! I'm curious which schools will accept them.
and I hope ASU will partner with IBM too! because these courses are more helpful than normal college courses.
These are great for those getting into IT, hopefully they'll get more in... ACE credits are awesome!
Especially if you belong under some company that pays for these!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • indigoshuffle