Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InstantCert College Algebra reviews?
Has anyone here reviewed InstantCert's College Algebra course yet? I tried searching and didn't see anything about the content.

This is the final class I need to graduate, and the courses I've tried so far (Sophia and Aleks) didn't really work well for me. I'm looking at different options now and this is my top choice so far, but I wanted to hear from someone that took it and can talk about how long it took them, how challenging it was, and how well the questions aligned to the videos/course material. TIA!
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muldoon's post:
  • Virginia_wr
(10-03-2020, 07:08 PM)Muldoon Wrote: Has anyone here reviewed InstantCert's College Algebra course yet? I tried searching and didn't see anything about the content.

This is the final class I need to graduate, and the courses I've tried so far (Sophia and Aleks) didn't really work well for me. I'm looking at different options now and this is my top choice so far, but I wanted to hear from someone that took it and can talk about how long it took them, how challenging it was, and how well the questions aligned to the videos/course material. TIA!

Great question! I am curious if you took InstantCert Algebra and if you would recommend it? ThanksSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes veryhappymom's post:
  • Virginia_wr
Hi! I did try it out but I didn't finish it. I got through the first section but I found that I couldn't understand some of the concepts well enough in the lessons to answer the questions in the quiz correctly. But math is also my worst subject and it's really hard for me.

I did really like the IC format though, and I would definitely try another one of their classes if I decide to get another degree. It's cheap enough I might even try taking some just for fun. I think the Algebra course would be good for someone with a better understanding of the concepts than what I had at the time.

What I ended up doing was taking Sophia's Foundations of Algebra course to fill in some knowledge gaps (I really should have done that before trying anything else!), watched a bunch of YouTube videos, then since I still had the subscription paid for, I took Sophia's College Algebra course and was able to pass it.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muldoon's post:
  • Virginia_wr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 142 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 265 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Is the CLEP College Composition Modular easier than Sophia's English Composition I? whiverem 4 550 11-08-2023, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information Excelsior College will no longer offer UExcel examinations after August 21, 2022 nomaduser 2 359 11-06-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Easiest Exams-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only InstantCert steelers 383 227,437 06-18-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  InstantCert InstantCREDIT Managerial Accounting Course Review OldManOfTheSea 21 6,697 11-13-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Instantcert Credit Transcript uncoolbilly 2 1,013 10-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Instantcert keeps billing me monthly CCCC 7 1,779 08-05-2022, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  InstantCert Courses Expired? ss20ts 19 3,186 07-22-2022, 08:01 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Other options for Instantcert Spanish? IceSparkle 16 3,207 07-19-2022, 04:37 AM
Last Post: SevenSister