Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InstantCertCredit.com Review
I just finished up a course on instantcertcredit.com and thought I'd write about the experience for anyone who is interested.

The course was Introduction to Environmental Science.  They have videos and a transcript, similar to Study.com.  I never watched a video though, as I prefer to read.  To read one lesson took only a few minutes.  At the end of each lesson there were about 10 multiple-choice questions.  There were actually quite a few questions with errors, but the support team said that they are aware and are in the process of fixing them.  All in all, one lesson from start to finish probably took 5 minutes or so.  There are 99 lessons.  They are mobile-friendly as well.

There are 4 exams, one of those being proctored.  The bad thing about the exams is that there was quite a bit of content that was not covered in the lessons.  That being said, there was enough content from the lessons that I was able to pass each exam with a decent grade.  The final exam is the one that's proctored.  When I took it, there was a server error, and I was pretty annoyed.  However, I emailed instantcertcredit and not only did they respond within a few hours, they actually fixed the error code in the same day.  That was very impressive.  Furthermore, when I added the course to my ACE transcript, instantcertcredit approved it almost immediately.

The bottom line (assuming all the courses are similar)-- if you need credits in Environmental Science, Astronomy, College Algebra, Financial Accounting, or Spanish, instantcertcredit.com should be your first stop.  The price is extremely reasonable, you can finish a course in a week or less, and the customer service is outstanding.  I have no regrets about using their service and will likely use it again.
[-] The following 3 users Like hamkicker's post:
  • Muldoon, suzycupcake, TacticalTechie
I just finished up the American Government course from Instantcertcredit.com.  This one was 72 lessons and unlike the multiple-choice format of the Environmental Science course, all the study questions were fill-in-the-blank.  The instant feedback makes it easy to correct your answer if you submit an incorrect response.

Charter Oak said that they will accept the credits if they appear on an ACE transcript (they do).  For me, I needed 5 more liberal arts credits to fulfill the degree requirements, and the courses from Instantcertcredit helped do just that.  Each course took less than a week to complete, and I walked away with a total of 6 liberal arts credits.

If you're thinking about what provider to try next, I highly recommend giving these guys a shot.
(08-05-2019, 04:00 PM)hamkicker Wrote: I just finished up the American Government course from Instantcertcredit.com.  This one was 72 lessons and unlike the multiple-choice format of the Environmental Science course, all the study questions were fill-in-the-blank.  The instant feedback makes it easy to correct your answer if you submit an incorrect response.

Charter Oak said that they will accept the credits if they appear on an ACE transcript (they do).  For me, I needed 5 more liberal arts credits to fulfill the degree requirements, and the courses from Instantcertcredit helped do just that.  Each course took less than a week to complete, and I walked away with a total of 6 liberal arts credits.

If you're thinking about what provider to try next, I highly recommend giving these guys a shot.

I'm glad it worked for you!
I, personally, do NOT like fill in the blank quizzes (I tried the Am.  Gov. as well).  For ex-I answered with the word "internet" and they wanted "online."  The do give you the correct answer immediately and you can retake the missed answer immediately.  I think it's great for memorizing (much like IC flashcards) but not for learning.  At least for me.  I really wanted to love it though-the price is great!  I had emailed them and the customer service, as you mentioned, was also great.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

Has anyone taken InstantCert's College Algebra yet and is able to review it?
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
(08-05-2019, 08:48 PM)Muldoon Wrote: Has anyone taken InstantCert's College Algebra yet and is able to review it?

I would be cautious with taking InstantCert's College Algebra because I contacted TESU yesterday and they said it would not be accepted for credit. Their response quote "Unfortunately, we do not currently accept this credit. You would need to follow the instructions on the following website in order for TESU to review and accept their ACE reviewed coursework"

This is worrisome when the BIG 3 will not accept ACE credit. Things are rapidly changing in accepted course credit in academia. The question, what's next?
(09-04-2019, 03:08 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 08:48 PM)Muldoon Wrote: Has anyone taken InstantCert's College Algebra yet and is able to review it?

I would be cautious with taking InstantCert's College Algebra because I contacted TESU yesterday and they said it would not be accepted for credit. Their response quote "Unfortunately, we do not currently accept this credit. You would need to follow the instructions on the following website in order for TESU to review and accept their ACE reviewed coursework"

This is worrisome when the BIG 3 will not accept ACE credit. Things are rapidly changing in accepted course credit in academia. The question, what's next?

You're getting ahead of yourself here. This isn't the first time TESU has said they won't accept a course, because the advisors/admissions people simply do not know what they are talking about. In fact, I don't think I've heard a single case where there was a new credit provider and TESU didn't initially say they don't take the credits - but they always do.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
I'm going on what I was told. I encourage anyone to provide where it was accepted by TESU, that will calm doubts, otherwise its fact it will not be accepted. Students can't go on previous history, we are living in different times in the academia society and colleges are changing their policies at a rapid pace.
(09-04-2019, 03:16 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: otherwise its fact it will not be accepted.

Um, no. Until it is actually not accepted, it is nothing more than speculation.

(09-04-2019, 03:16 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: Students can't go on previous history, we are living in different times in the academia society and colleges are changing their policies at a rapid pace.

Students can't go on previous history, but an example of it being accepted will calm doubts? You understand that would be going on previous history, yes?
Completed:

Up Next:

Except there is no previous history with any of the InstantCert's courses including college algebra. CSMlearn is a good example, the forum community was sure the CSMlearn course would come in as college algebra, however; it doesn't, I even requested a review by the registrar director at TESU, no college algebra.

It's speculation it will be accepted. The fact is I have empirical evidence from the TESU stating it will not be accepted. The situation can change with new information, until then, everyone is speculating an outcome of accepted credit.
(09-04-2019, 03:48 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: Except there is no previous history with any of the InstantCert's courses including college algebra. CSMlearn is a good example, the forum community was sure the CSMlearn course would come in as college algebra, however; it doesn't, I even requested a review by the registrar director at TESU, no college algebra.

It's speculation it will be accepted. The fact is I have empirical evidence from the TESU stating it will not be accepted. The situation can change with new information, until then, everyone is speculating an outcome of accepted credit.

I have never seen anyone speculate CSMLearn would come in as College Algebra. There has been some confusion as to whether it would meet the College Algebra/Quantitative Business Analysis requirement for a BSBA, because TESU lets some Quantitative Business Analysis courses meet that requirement while others do not. Never have I seen anyone suggest it would come in as MAT-121.

Of course it's speculation it will be accepted. Until we have some actual empirical evidence (and what you have is nothing of the sort), everyone will be speculating. However, the speculation that it will be accepted is far more credible than any speculation to the contrary.
Completed:

Up Next:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,633 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,100 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 731 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Finnish courses review Personherebb9 2 994 12-30-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Study.com under review at TESU Blckbuster 24 3,229 03-13-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Udacity: Data Analyst NanoDegree review/material Seraphgrim 8 2,142 02-24-2022, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Seraphgrim
  Study.com Data Structures Review armstrongsubero 17 4,301 03-27-2021, 12:35 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Please review straighterline calculus for me!! Bigshay 11 5,809 12-23-2020, 01:55 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Coopersmith: Psy 301 & 302 : Review anewmanx 1 1,123 11-20-2020, 07:37 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  InstantCertCredit Question melissas 3 987 11-05-2020, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Pats20