Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Instead of RA which ones are my best NA Universities options??
I just come back to this community after one year.

I found a good new... Sophia free courses for a month... and a bad new... COSC weird change complicated everything.

So, now for me RA or NA is not as important, but to be honest, i have no any informationa about NA universities because most of people are looking for RA universities so most of threads in the forum are about Big 3 and RA.

What are the NA universities choices??

(i am international student, non-us resident)
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
(06-08-2020, 09:50 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: I just come back to this community after one year.

I found a good new... Sophia free courses for a month... and a bad new... COSC weird change complicated everything.

So, now for me RA or NA is not as important, but to be honest, i have no any informationa about NA universities because most of people are looking for RA universities so most of threads in the forum are about Big 3 and RA.

Honestly, unless you plan to pursue a master's degree or doctorate after your bachelor's degree, and especially as a non-US resident, the difference between RA and NA is probably negligible. Even then, some RA schools will accept NA degrees as meeting bachelor's degree requirements towards a master's degree. So a NA degree doesn't completely remove the possibility of pursuing a RA postgraduate degree.

NA schools are still legitimate institutions of higher learning in the eyes of the US Department of Education, so NA degrees are still recognized globally. Plus, with the recent deregulation of RA vs NA accreditation, the differences between the two accreditation systems may be less of an issue soon anyway.

So, ultimately, it really depends on why you want a US degree in the first place and what you intend to do with it in the future.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(06-09-2020, 01:08 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 09:50 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: I just come back to this community after one year.

Honestly, unless you plan to pursue a master's degree or doctorate after your bachelor's degree, and especially as a non-US resident, the difference between RA and NA is probably negligible. Even then, some RA schools will accept NA degrees as meeting bachelor's degree requirements towards a master's degree. So a NA degree doesn't completely remove the possibility of pursuing a RA postgraduate degree.

NA schools are still legitimate institutions of higher learning in the eyes of the US Department of Education, so NA degrees are still recognized globally. Plus, with the recent deregulation of RA vs NA accreditation, the differences between the two accreditation systems may be less of an issue soon anyway.

So, ultimately, it really depends on why you want a US degree in the first place and what you intend to do with it in the future.

I actually could get a scholarship for Master/PhD in USA if i get my degree; one year ago it was my first motivation to complete my degree... today i also have the chance to, for a rasonable amount (about 3000 euro) get an Online Master in Spain if i get my degree (i think any degree)...

But my main motivation today is to get a degree because of "professional status". I even think that by getting a NA degree, the ACE credits could be re-used in future for a RA degree if i need it... so half of the work will anyway being covered.

What NA universities allow international students to do 100% online degree??
(06-09-2020, 09:44 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: What NA universities allow international students to do 100% online degree??

University of the People
[-] The following 3 users Like scorpion's post:
  • cecilgambe7, rachel83az, ss20ts
(06-09-2020, 10:49 AM)scorpion Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 09:44 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: What NA universities allow international students to do 100% online degree??

University of the People

Pretty nice and cheap, 100USD per course (with them) and 17 USD per any transfer course, just 60 USD extra fee for Bachelor degree. And if i don't take the TOEFL i can still proof english proficiency by taking with them the English composition course. So amazing!!
http://www.nationsu.edu

It's a religious degree, but it's super cheap and NA. They cater to a lot of international students.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tedium's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(06-09-2020, 01:03 PM)Tedium Wrote: http://www.nationsu.edu

It's a religious degree, but it's super cheap and NA. They cater to a lot of international students.

It looks nice option too, the only problem i see is the inhability to transfer ACE credits
Yes, I would suggest NA option such as Penn Foster and Ashworth College as well. However, this post is in regards mainly to get you on track with an RA school, I think it would be better with ROI (future return of investment)... Further to that, it won't cost you too much if you go for the Competency Based Degree providers, this is what I would recommend most people and NA schools would be my second option.

An example would be Brandman University, their Mypath or another RA university competency based bachelors is probably your best option, there are many that are similar in nature, it will only require you to take 30 credits at the school. So instead of UofPeople - they are really slow in everything! You might consider RA schools that are competency based, you can finish the degree in 1 term or 6 months for $3000/$3500, the slightly extra cash for RA now will reap much more ROI in the future.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • ARhead, cecilgambe7
(06-09-2020, 01:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, I would suggest NA option such as Penn Foster and Ashworth College as well.  However, this post is in regards mainly to get you on track with an RA school, I think it would be better with ROI (future return of investment)... Further to that, it won't cost you too much if you go for the Competency Based Degree providers, this is what I would recommend most people and NA schools would be my second option.  

An example would be Brandman University, their Mypath or another RA university competency based bachelors is probably your best option, there are many that are similar in nature, it will only require you to take 30 credits at the school.  So instead of UofPeople - they are really slow in everything!  You might consider RA schools that are competency based, you can finish the degree in 1 term or 6 months for $3000/$3500, the slightly extra cash for RA now will reap much more ROI in the future.

So i can transfer 90 credits to Brandman University, and make the other 30 credits with them?? 100% oline??
(06-09-2020, 09:44 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 01:08 AM)Merlin Wrote: So, ultimately, it really depends on why you want a US degree in the first place and what you intend to do with it in the future.

I actually could get a scholarship for Master/PhD in USA if i get my degree; one year ago it was my first motivation to complete my degree... today i also have the chance to, for a rasonable amount (about 3000 euro) get an Online Master in Spain if i get my degree (i think any degree)...

Well, if you have any interest in pursuing that US master's or Ph.D., you should find out what the requirements are... that should hopefully clarify your options in terms of college and degree choices. You will need an RA degree to qualify for most scholarships unless the school awarding the scholarship is itself an NA school, or the group managing the scholarship doesn't have a preference, which is unlikely.

(06-09-2020, 09:44 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: But my main motivation today is to get a degree because of "professional status".

For employment purposes (at least in the US) it generally doesn't matter what school (or accreditation system) your degree comes from as long as it is USDoE accredited. There are a few picky employers who will care, but most don't understand (or care about) the differences.

However, from a professional status perspective, there can be a significant difference in perceived status between these schools. For example, there is a status gap between RA and NA schools, between competitive entry and open entry colleges, and between elite or ivy league schools and "other" RA schools.

(06-09-2020, 09:44 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: I even think that by getting a NA degree, the ACE credits could be re-used in future for a RA degree if i need it... so half of the work will anyway being covered.

Yes, ACE credits are not associated with any specific accreditation system, so if the school accepts them at all, they are treated the same whether you're attending an NA or RA school.

That said, US colleges generally don't accept many, if any, ACE credits outside of CLEP. Not to mention, most ACE-credit recommended courses are undergraduate level, so they couldn't be used outside of a second bachelor's degree anyway. (Well, to be fair, there are a handful of ACE-recommended graduate-level courses out there, but we don't really focus on them since there are few schools that accept them. I'm not even sure that TESU accepts ACE credit for its graduate degrees, and they are the most likely to do so.)

Also keep in mind that unless you're looking at TESU or EC for a second RA bachelor's degree, you're most likely going to need to take at least 30 credits from the destination school to graduate.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • cecilgambe7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official guide to courses from Finnish universities rachel83az 1 2,179 10-31-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  State schools vs. other options MDela3 71 8,086 09-26-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Reputable and affordable B&M Universities like CUNY potato patato 8 1,649 09-19-2020, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Options natshar 3 1,239 05-07-2020, 05:56 PM
Last Post: CassandraNolin
  Current Language Testing Options vetvso 5 1,487 03-30-2019, 11:47 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  No social work options for the big three indigoshuffle 5 1,743 02-18-2019, 11:44 AM
Last Post: davewill