Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reputable and affordable B&M Universities like CUNY
Hello Guys, I'm looking for a reputable and affordable universities like CUNY. And i would like to transfer some credits to them. I have 60 regionally accredited credits. It could be 70-80-90 transferable credits school, doesn't matter. It could be a state school like Oregon or Asu. I know about SNHU but looking for other alternatives. Asu is so expensive for per credit and Cuny does not offer Computer Science degrees. So any updates from schools? Do you think will there be more reputable schools which offers affordable online degrees? Also i know about Purdue Global and etc. But i want B&M school which also offer online degrees don't wanna Global Diploma. I think i can afford $400 maximum per credits. Could you help me?
Depending on why you want the degree, NAU could be an option for you: https://nau.edu/online/ba-computer-infor...nology-pl/
(09-19-2020, 06:57 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Depending on why you want the degree, NAU could be an option for you: https://nau.edu/online/ba-computer-infor...nology-pl/
Honestly, i would like to apply to a top tier schools for masters and worrying about if they don't give much attention degrees from TESU or SNHU. For example, ETHZ wants reputable bachelors and an engineering concentration and great SAT scores.
Which ETHZ are you talking about? ETH Zurich is the only one I'm seeing and the master's program (for computer science) says nothing about "reputable" or "top tier" universities nor SAT scores. You also do not need a CS bachelor's degree for the CS master's, so long as you meet their requirements for courses taken.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
(09-19-2020, 07:47 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Which ETHZ are you talking about? ETH Zurich is the only one I'm seeing and the master's program (for computer science) says nothing about "reputable" or "top tier" universities nor SAT scores. You also do not need a CS bachelor's degree for the CS master's, so long as you meet their requirements for courses taken.
Yeah it's ETH Zurich. Since there's lots of applicants they consider those requirements. I read lots of quora questions about it. Their acceptance rate just %27. But i don't know. I just want to see my options like CUNY.
Check University of Alabama's continuing education department:
https://bamabydistance.ua.edu/degrees/un...egrees.php

They accept up to 45 ACE credits, max 90 transfer credits.
Their tuition fee is only $375 credit per hour:
https://bamabydistance.ua.edu/tuition-fi...uition.php

This means, if you successfully transfer 90 credits, you can finish your degree for $11,250
Mr Potato Head! Skip everything and go straight to U of London, Bachelors of Comp Sci.  Only thing is, their application for October closed 12 days ago on Sept 7th.  Oh wells, you can apply for their April offerings.  Link: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/bachelo...nce-london

If that doesn't work out for you and if your BA can be in something more customizable, another option is this: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/unt-onl...completion
And if you're in the UK/Australia, these might interest you as well: https://www.futurelearn.com/degrees
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • MrBossmanJr, Pikachu
University of London's computer science program costs $21,000 USD (15,000 GBP) and 3 years. They won't allow you to take more than 4 courses per semester.
I was thinking about that option but I realized it takes too much time.
(09-19-2020, 07:56 AM)potato patato Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 07:47 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Which ETHZ are you talking about? ETH Zurich is the only one I'm seeing and the master's program (for computer science) says nothing about "reputable" or "top tier" universities nor SAT scores. You also do not need a CS bachelor's degree for the CS master's, so long as you meet their requirements for courses taken.

Yeah it's ETH Zurich. Since there's lots of applicants they consider those requirements. I read lots of quora questions about it. Their acceptance rate just %27. But i don't know. I just want to see my options like CUNY.

Most people who say these things on Reddit are typically guessing as to what an admissions board looks for. At most schools, especially the highly competitive ones, once you meet their minimum entrance requirements it comes down to the overall application package (which really means your entrance essay, statement of purpose, references, previous research, presentations, etc. -- things that show what kind of a person you are). These are factored much more heavily into the selection process than your academic record, test scores, or schools attended. Particularly at the graduate level. In fact, few grad schools care about the college you got your bachelor's degree from at all. They are more interested what you did in undergrad that sets you apart. They want to understand how far you pushed yourself, the contributions you made, the people you influenced, etc. Their job is not only to find people who will complete the courses and graduate, but who will push the boundaries and ultimately make the school look better.

Of course, attending a higher tier college will open up more opportunities to pursue more intensive fields of study and push yourself to take higher-level math courses and such. It may also open up research opportunities, etc. That is one advantage that you can't get from taking ACE courses and transferring them to TESU. But it is only an advantage if you actually take advantage of it.

That said, we have people on this forum who have completed degrees at "no name" schools and gone on to study at top tier grad schools. It is all about how motivated you are, what you have accomplished, and how well you market yourself... much like applying for a job at a dream employer. If you can find a good B&M school that offers a degree you're excited about and you can afford the tuition, then go for it. But just go into it knowing that your bachelor's degree school counts for almost nothing in the grand scheme of things when applying to grad school. Don't bankrupt yourself trying to pay for a top tier school just because you think it is going to help you get into a better grad school, since it won't do anything on its own.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 5 users Like Merlin's post:
  • ARhead, MrBossmanJr, nomaduser, rachel83az, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 893 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Official guide to courses from Finnish universities rachel83az 1 2,125 10-31-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  CUNY BS-IS VS TESU BSBA-GM JC39 34 5,480 02-07-2022, 05:31 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Affordable DEAC/NCCRS NA - Bachelors in Education bjcheung77 0 780 01-20-2022, 08:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Affordable online University of London degrees (start from 6k GBP) nomaduser 20 3,623 12-20-2020, 12:28 PM
Last Post: AmenSandhu
  Cheap RA credits to transfer in to CUNY SPS? DegreeBy2023 10 2,015 11-17-2020, 01:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Instead of RA which ones are my best NA Universities options?? cecilgambe7 22 4,322 08-26-2020, 12:45 AM
Last Post: eLearner