Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance Institute Ethics Course
The academic evaluation in the summer said only LIB-495 was missing. The insurance institute ethics course was completed early this summer and added to the transcript as PHI-288 Professional Ethics with 3 semester hours of credit. Now the academic evaluation says 

Ethical Leadership 3SH (Not started)

Has anyone seen a course drop off of the academic evaluation? What's the fastest way to get this fixed?
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
[-] The following 1 user Likes clep3705's post:
  • collegechick
I would contact your advisor and see what they say. Strange that it'd drop off after being added.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-28-2020, 06:54 PM)clep3705 Wrote: The academic evaluation in the summer said only LIB-495 was missing. The insurance institute ethics course was completed early this summer and added to the transcript as PHI-288 Professional Ethics with 3 semester hours of credit. Now the academic evaluation says 

Ethical Leadership 3SH (Not started)

Has anyone seen a course drop off of the academic evaluation? What's the fastest way to get this fixed?

My sons actually had this happen over two courses.  One we were able to change and one we were not.  We got the one changed by sending a copy of the course description from the college that we took the course from.  The other they told us that it would have been caught eventually so it was better that they find it when we called about another question instead of at graduation when they review everything again.  It still stung, but he was right.
The advisor fixed it.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
[-] The following 2 users Like clep3705's post:
  • P226mem, rachel83az
They did this to me as well. They also say I need an Oral Communication requirement, yet I've already completed SPE 115 and COM 125. They put those in my electives?!!
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
(11-02-2020, 07:43 PM)collegechick Wrote: They did this to me as well.  They also say I need an Oral Communication requirement, yet I've already completed SPE 115 and COM 125.  They put those in my electives?!!

Contact registrar or academic advising to get them moved.  This is common to have things is not expected place and is due to the plug and chug formula they use.  Then, you just ask advisor to move it to correct location. Email is all it takes.  I had the weird thing with them having my oral communication filled with community college course and then it was moved to something else after another fix. I had to email to have them put it back.   It's not perfect system but quick to fix.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(11-02-2020, 08:19 PM)P226mem Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 07:43 PM)collegechick Wrote: They did this to me as well.  They also say I need an Oral Communication requirement, yet I've already completed SPE 115 and COM 125.  They put those in my electives?!!

Contact registrar or academic advising to get them moved.  This is common to have things is not expected place and is due to the plug and chug formula they use.  Then, you just ask advisor to move it to correct location. Email is all it takes.  I had the weird thing with them having my oral communication filled with community college course and then it was moved to something else after another fix. I had to email to have them put it back.   It's not perfect system but quick to fix.

I'm trying to.  The customer service is awful.  I have some advisor chick e-mailing me saying if I have any questions and when I ask she never has answers.  I have no flipping idea what her role is or why she bothers to e-mail.  TESU is very annoying today.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
I haven't had that issue. Their service has been quick for me. Maybe something is odd today. But I use the generic academic advising email found on this part of their site
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/advisement
Most of my contact via email has been resolved by the afternoon if I mail in morning and next day otherwise. Maybe one time there was a delay.
sorry it's not going well
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance Ethics to TESU in 2022 natshar 15 1,559 01-25-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Specific ethics course question CourtneyBrooke 2 590 11-17-2021, 12:11 PM
  Will SDC Ethics in the Social Sciences work for the ethics requirements? studyingfortests 3 723 09-23-2021, 12:29 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  PHI 180 Intro to Ethics - disappeared! thecontrarian 3 775 08-28-2021, 12:27 AM
  SDC Ethics in Social Sciences or Coopersmith Ethics for BALS requirement? studyingfortests 6 810 08-09-2021, 10:23 AM
  TESU ethics - free course with TheInstitutes? studyingfortests 2 638 07-19-2021, 08:17 PM
  Transferring ethics courses from the Institutes to TESU Nadiv10 12 1,235 06-13-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Nadiv10
  Ethics Course desoren 3 625 03-01-2021, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Flelm
  Ethics course - The Institutes theveganmaker 11 1,464 02-26-2021, 09:38 AM
Last Post: utility
  Old Institutes Ethics Course Flelm 5 857 10-24-2020, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Flelm