Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro to Sociology this friday
After passing principles of managment and intro to psych, I've decided to take intro to sociology. I'm studying the IC flashcards and have the rea book. I'm not really big on the practice tests whether its by petersons or the ones in the rea book, I'd rather just do a brain dump the day of the test, instead of exhausting energy on pre tests. I'm pretty confident about this exam as IC only has 157 questions, terms to memorize which is half as much as psychology. Any test taking tips on this subject would be appreciated.
Best Regards
sorry i cant be of much help. But keep us posted on how you do. Im considering taking this one soon too.
I felt that this test was not hard at all.

Regarding practice tests though - when the answers have additional information, I use that information to fill in gaps that I may have in what I've already studied. I find that Petersons has a lot of information in their answers that IC may not have. Perhaps it is overdoing it, but it helps me with my comfort level when I go in to test.
LuBee
I finshed all of my credits for a BA in Art from TESC
CLEP Credits:
[SIZE="1"]6 Biology (67)
3 US Hist 1 (67)
6 SS & Hist (68)
3 US Hist 2 (66)
3 Amer Gov (67)
6 Amer Lit (73)
6 Hum (73)
3 Ed Psy (71)
3 H G & D (70)
3 Intro Psy (74)
3 Intro to Soc (75)
6 College Math (68)
6 A & I Lit (72)
[/SIZE]DSST:
[SIZE="1"]3 Intro Computing (65)
3 Here's to Your Health (64)[/SIZE]
Other Credits:
[SIZE="1"]3 PLA Painting 1
3 TECEP Psy of Women (78/100)
3 TECEP Art Hist 2 (81/100)
3 Dept Exam English 1
45 Traditional[/SIZE]
Personally this was my easiest exams
I always find the REA and Peterston Prep Tests very helpful, so far, I have encounted a number of material I got only form REA and Peterson test on the Exams,
They are sure good supplements to IC, and can hick up your scores
I would advise you use some of those prep tests
I agree the prep tests help especially since alot of the questions aren't going to be in such an easy way to decipher right away - ie the question might be all of the following EXCEPT _____ are true. I still need the this exam but with the exams that I have studied using REA, and IC and Petersons I have done well. Best of luck.
Carlos Amador

Houston, TX
62 credits todate
Up next Natural Sciences Rolleyes
I'm not saying the practice tests won't help you get the best grade possible, but the reason why I don't include them in my study is because I'm not looking for a grade since most if not all cleps are now ungraded, all I want is a pass and that is exactly what IC is here to help me achieve, a pass grade, whether it be 52, 60, 69, all that matters to me is passing. But it is good if you feel taking the practice tests will give you an advantage But let's get back to the original topic of the thread, ANY Tips on the Intro to Sociology exam?
Inteljustice Wrote:I'm not saying the practice tests won't help you get the best grade possible, but the reason why I don't include them in my study is because I'm not looking for a grade since most if not all cleps are now ungraded, all I want is a pass and that is exactly what IC is here to help me achieve, a pass grade, whether it be 52, 60, 69, all that matters to me is passing. But it is good if you feel taking the practice tests will give you an advantage But let's get back to the original topic of the thread, ANY Tips on the Intro to Sociology exam?

[SIZE="3"]I used the Comex study guide. It worked. I passed fine. But it's not too hard of a test, so IC should be enough. And I won't tell you that the practice tests would give you an idea at where you stand. I also won't tell you that they would answer your questions about what's on it, how much you need to study, what you need to study, how well IC is preparing you, etc. But like I said, I won't say a word about it. Wink (and that last part was definitely not me being mean, just so you know.)[/SIZE]
I agree that the practice test are not too important - I only use them to guage the level of retention of what I am studying - I just took the Biology exam - there is no way I pass that the first time if I didn't take the practice exams - for me I know they help but I definitely won't say that the best way.

And while I am not too concerned about the CLEP scores - only count as pass/fail - I want to make sure I pass on the first time and not have to wait 6 months.

But also i have been out of school for a little so its just added reassurance for me - main thing is for everyone to find what is most comfortable and efficient for them.

I still need to take the NS exam but I have into to socio coming up - hope you do well.
Carlos Amador

Houston, TX
62 credits todate
Up next Natural Sciences Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  50% off Black Friday sale Udacity Imbanewbie 0 325 11-18-2023, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  ENEB got overloaded due to Red Friday sale! bjcheung77 9 1,624 06-14-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 988 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Grammarly 50% off Black Friday... new and renewals studyingfortests 6 881 12-28-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Pappok
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,084 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Udacity - 75% off courses for Black Friday! bjcheung77 3 1,005 12-01-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: innen_oda
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,378 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SL Intro to Nutrition High_Order1 6 1,573 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
Question Social Work, Sociology, or Anthropology Degree? LadySearchDog 5 1,620 08-14-2019, 02:35 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,253 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard