Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Being a Student at TESU Worth It?
To be an officially enrolled student at TESU, all you need to do is take a 1cr $50 TECEP exam per year. This gives you a student TESU email.

Some of the deals you get:

FREE Microsoft Office 365
FREE Access to TESU Library resources and scholarly articles
$59 per year Amazon Prime ($139 per year regular price)
$4.99 per month Spotify Premium + Hulu + Showtime ($9.99 regular price)
$19.99 Adobe Creative Cloud ($52.99 regular price)

LOTS of other deals as well, too many to list.

Conclusion

It sure does look like there is a lot of $'s incentive to being a student at TESU even after you graduated with a degree from TESU or another school?

Is it worth it to keep being a student for the sole purpose of continuing to get the discounts??

Am I missing something?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • jazzcat, katsiki
Also, with the TESU library you get access to eLibary New Jersey. Which I use to get Libby and Hoopla with. This get access to tons of ebooks and audiobooks for leisure.

Also for some reason I didn't have access to the Microsoft 365 even though I was enrolled student. Basically I signed up for a TECEP and never took it just to qualify as a student and keep my enrollment. Eight months later I tried accessing Microsoft 365 for the first time using my TESU email it said I wasn't qualified (or something or that sort) despite TESU portal saying I'm an actively enrolled.
Quote:Is it worth it to keep being a student for the sole purpose of continuing to get the discounts??

I know both Spotify and Amazon limit the number of years you can claim student discounted price for up to 4 years max.

So I don't think it's worth it staying enrolled solely for the deals you listed above, since my local library already offers a lot of good resources plus more (Libby + Hoopla is already free and so is LinkedIn Learning).
(03-02-2022, 12:27 AM)KsT Wrote:
Quote:Is it worth it to keep being a student for the sole purpose of continuing to get the discounts??

I know both Spotify and Amazon limit the number of years you can claim student discounted price for up to 4 years max.

So I don't think it's worth it staying enrolled solely for the deals you listed above, since my local library already offers a lot of good resources plus more (Libby + Hoopla is already free and so is LinkedIn Learning).

True that. I tried to use my TESU email to renew my spotify student but told me sorry I used the 4 years already.

But personally I enjoy having multiple Library cards for Libby and Hoopla. Because if an audiobook or ebook is unavailable or long wait from one library often times another library has the same thing with no wait.
I should look into these benefits/perks for students. Even though I am much older than the average student, I don't think it matters much, any discount is better than nothing... I'll have to review these when I have the time!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • , akr680, katsiki
I tried to get a Spotify discount using TESU info, but it won't allow me to do so. Would I need to change my login email to my TESU email?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-02-2022, 03:42 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I tried to get a Spotify discount using TESU info, but it won't allow me to do so. Would I need to change my login email to my TESU email?

You shouldn't need to change the email address. Spotify uses SheerID to verify enrollment: https://www.sheerid.com/spotify-student-support/
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Yeah, that SheerID thing always fails for me. It doesn't recognize me being a student at TESU, even though my student status shows as fully enrolled in OSS.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • natshar
(03-02-2022, 08:49 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yeah, that SheerID thing always fails for me. It doesn't recognize me being a student at TESU, even though my student status shows as fully enrolled in OSS.

Yeah thats the problem. I think this post is a little misleading. Simply signing up for a single tecep often isn't enough for all the discounts. Especially if you are like me and don't actually take the tecep (but I did pay and register for it) and then wait 6 months later to claim the benefits. Thats probably why I couldn't get the free office 365 either.
I did actually take the TECEP, but still the automatic verification fails. It's quite annoying.

If you want free office access, take a free XAMK class. Big Grin
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 612 9 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 140 11 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New link to Student Services? KsT 1 109 04-23-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: jch
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,568 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 615 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 538 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 275 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 252 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 404 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM