Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is TESU asking the impossible Re: TEEX credits?
My "grouped" TEEX cybersecurity credits (TEEX-0250, TEEX-0251, TEEX-0252) were completely ignored in my evaluation at TESU.
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
(11-14-2020, 06:07 PM)doom Wrote: My "grouped" TEEX cybersecurity credits (TEEX-0250, TEEX-0251, TEEX-0252) were completely ignored in my evaluation at TESU.

Ugh! Are you/have you emailed them to complain? It might be a useless hope but maybe if enough of us complain they'll actually pull their heads out of the sand.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
rachel83az
(11-14-2020, 06:07 PM)doom Wrote: My "grouped" TEEX cybersecurity credits (TEEX-0250, TEEX-0251, TEEX-0252) were completely ignored in my evaluation at TESU.

Ugh! Are you/have you emailed them to complain? It might be a useless hope but maybe if enough of us complain they'll actually pull their heads out of the sand.

Well, I haven't emailed them, and I don't think I will. As a non US citizen/permanent resident, after looking at posts like this one https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t-elegible, I concluded that not having TEEX on my evaluation might be better, to avoid problems. I think I can fill those missing 4 Gen Ed credits with a couple more courses, maybe from Sophia.
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
That makes sense, yes. Too bad TEEX has turned into such a hassle for everyone.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(11-15-2020, 06:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote: That makes sense, yes. Too bad TEEX has turned into such a hassle for everyone.

I think this is frustrating especially the US citizens and permanent residents (like you I guess), as they are eligible and really deserve being able to take advantage of TEEX credits. In your case, as far as I remember, you have so many credits that having TEEX or not should not make much difference.
(11-15-2020, 07:18 AM)doom Wrote: I think this is frustrating especially the US citizens and permanent residents (like you I guess), as they are eligible and really deserve being able to take advantage of TEEX credits. In your case, as far as I remember, you have so many credits that having TEEX or not should not make much difference.

I really wanted the CIS credit for the BSBA CIS I'm working towards. I'm not sure I actually need it. But it's the principle of the thing.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
I would call them. I had a recent issue with StraighterLine's Microbiology Lab. On my evaluation it said "Course was taken after credit evaluation period". This confused me because it doesn't expire until April. After talking with someone and having them explain it, they even said it didn't sound right. 2 days later I have credit for it. I know most people email for a paper trail, but sometimes a phone call helps.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

I am on the other side of the world so calling is... problematic. But I will probably do so if they email me stupid stuff again.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Quote:Good morning <wrong name>,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately the way the ACE Credit Recommendation reads is that all courses listed in the recommendation must be completed in order to award credit. If you believe this is incorrect you will need to contact ACE to question the way credit was listed. This is the procedure we follow for every student who completes these course and has them listed on the ACE transcript. We must follow the credit recommendation to award any credit.
I do apologize for any inconvenience,
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Are we supposed to just let it pass? Am now going to have to take all courses and add it individually? This is so stressful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 192 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 703 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 180 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 372 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,176 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 628 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 311 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 710 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 595 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM