Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is That Your Final Answer?
Anyway, December 2007 rolls around and my middle child (female) is having a conversation with my oldest child (male). My oldest child tells her that when he grows up, he will have to go to college for a long time because he is going to be an anesthesiologist. My middle child explains to him that she will not need to go to college at all. Since she is a girl, she is just going to be a mom. :eek:

Shortly after that, I met all of the fine people on this forum.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
>>

I think that's sweet, you are obviously a positive role model for your daughter. I want to tell you that I support and encourage you, especially your decision to make being a good mom a priority. Your daughter sees this, and I think she was probably very proud to think that she too would be a mom.

Since becoming a full time stay at home mom 14 years ago, my resume tripled in length...Imagine that! I found time to squeeze in a class or an exam, work a night or two and plan a fundraiser for 300 people. The answer is to simply make a plan, and stay centered. If there isn't time this month, you might have time in 6 months. It will work out. I'm a pretty busy mom, but I'm a pretty busy person too.

Encourage your daughter to go to college, but help keep her centered on knowing when to put her own children (your grandchildren) front and center. Being someone else's employee is fine, but highly overrated at being "THE" purpose of ones life.

Anyway, December 2007 rolls around and my middle child (female) is having a conversation with my oldest child (male). My oldest child tells her that when he grows up, he will have to go to college for a long time because he is going to be an anesthesiologist. My middle child explains to him that she will not need to go to college at all. Since she is a girl, she is just going to be a mom. :eek:

Shortly after that, I met all of the fine people on this forum.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
>>

I think that's sweet, you are obviously a positive role model on your daughter. I want to tell you that I support and encourage you, especially your decision to make being a good mom a priority. Your daughter sees this, and I think she was probably very proud to think that she too would be a mom.

Encourage your daughter to go to college, but help keep her centered on knowing when to put her own children (your grandchildren) front and center. Being someone else's employee is fine, but highly overrated at being "THE" purpose of ones life.
cookderosa Wrote: I think that's sweet, you are obviously a positive role model on your daughter. I want to tell you that I support and encourage you, especially your decision to make being a good mom a priority. Your daughter sees this, and I think she was probably very proud to think that she too would be a mom.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Great point! I stayed home with my babies for the first six years of motherhood and I wouldn't trade the time I had with them while they were little for the whole wide world. In fact, I may even go so far as to say that I [I]hope my daughter will be able to stay home with her children for as long as she wants to. I think it is unfortunate that the economic times virtually require women to return to work so quickly after giving birth, whether they want to or not.

Although, I would love it if my daughter would finish her education before she becomes a mom. Also, if she would consider waiting until she's slightly older than I was when I became a mom. Smile

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Here is my lineup since January 2008![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]UP NEXT: Introductory Business Law
Biology 53 Cool
Intro to Educational Psychology 63
Principles of Marketing 65
College Algebra 60
Introductory Psychology 70
Human Growth and Development 68
Information Sys. Computer App. 48 OUCH! Sad
Introductory Sociology 66
Principles of Management 70
[B]US History II
[B]Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
54 [B][SIZE="1"]COLD[/SIZE]
English Composition with Essay 52 [SIZE="1"]COLD[/SIZE]
Plus, the 24 credits I've earned at the traditional B&M so far.
[SIZE="2"]
[COLOR="Red"]I am graduating in December of 2009!
BS in Human Resources Management
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
[/B][/B][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
Growing up I never planned on going to college. But then one day someone showed me how easy it was to get a degree. 3 years later I finished my bachelors. My family was my main motivation.
B.S. Information Systems Management, UMUC - DONE!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Final Frontier Alpha 4 687 08-31-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Do not answer calls from unknown numbers bjcheung77 11 1,723 06-05-2016, 08:28 AM
Last Post: alzee
  Freaking out! My testing center didn't send my professor my final! Kaz 2 1,107 05-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kaz
  Working since 6am, I have 2 pages written for final HRM assignment ryoder 7 2,192 09-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  This Is My Final Post.... ShotoJuku 29 4,195 06-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Last Post: STG