This Is My Final Post....
WOOOHOOOOOO!!!! :hurray:
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Congrats!! cheersmate

Go CCU! Smile
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Thanks all and I must clarify that [COLOR="Red"]I AM NOT LEAVING, and my "final post" (or thread) is pertaining to what I believe is my final "I'm Done" posting as I believe this latest degree effort may very well be my last, so I'm not going anywhere!!

As for my degree pursuit timeline, well I (like so many of us) started my college education not long after getting out of high school (class of 78) however I really wasn't that focused on school and also found myself needing to work. A few years later, my life and career pursuit was in full swing, as I had become an NYPD Police Officer, a Husband, and a Father - all in that order.

Enter 2004.... I came across Excelsior College and of course InstantCert and I was able to "finish what I started." As for the actual path, I achieved my BS Criminal Justice in 2006, MS Psychology in 2007, AS Admin/Mgmt in 2008, and my MBA in 2011.

As for a doctorate...?? I had actually been accepted to the EdD program at Aspen University, however just after 2-days after being accepted, and rethinking a 5-year commitment, I withdrew and opted to pursue the MBA.

If there is another degree in my future it will be something for me, not my career. When I was a kid I thought that I would either be a police officer or a Priest however after realizing that a Priest could not get married a career as a police officer won out. That being said, here may be a ThD in my future.... somewhere.... perhaps???

Thanks again everyone!![/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
My first thought was "Say it ain't so...", then I actually read the thread.

:hurray: Congratulations are in order:hurray: and a sigh of relief that you will still be moderating and guiding so many here.
Congratulations! Hard work pays off. I'm plugging along slowly, but have faith that I will finish my B.A.
WAY TO GO!! That is great! CONGRATS!!cheersmate cheersmate
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
Congratulations!
You might consider a CAGS post grad certificate at Northcentral University | Online Degree Programs | Online Learning.
They are a stepping stone to a PhD and will transfer into the program.
After my MBA I will almost definitely do a CAGS in e-commerce or some other computer oriented CAGS. I wish they had applied computer science but they don't.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Congrats Shoto :hurray:
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
[quote=ShotoJuku]Thanks all and I must clarify that I AM NOT LEAVING, and my "final post" (or thread) is pertaining to what I believe is my final "I'm Done" posting as I believe this latest degree effort may very well be my last, so I'm not going anywhere!!

See he is not going to leave us high and dry. ( or spammed to death)
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:[quote=ShotoJuku]Thanks all and I must clarify that I AM NOT LEAVING, and my "final post" (or thread) is pertaining to what I believe is my final "I'm Done" posting as I believe this latest degree effort may very well be my last, so I'm not going anywhere!!

See he is not going to leave us high and dry. ( or spammed to death)
Lol :iagree: Linda
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post formatting settings ? Chimera 2 349 03-19-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Final Frontier Alpha 4 659 08-31-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  For Sale: Post Graduate University bjcheung77 5 1,100 05-30-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Pretentious Post-Nominal Letters jamshid666 5 2,651 09-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  US Masters CBE While Traveling Abroad[Long Post] yb1 7 2,674 01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Why do you not post on the other forum? sanantone 41 9,516 12-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: decimon
  Post-Retirement IT Job Advice? (BEWARE: Crazy Question) LaterBloomer 12 2,645 08-08-2016, 10:50 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  My third ALL DONE post. soliloquy 19 3,243 05-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  "U.S. millennials post ‘abysmal’ scores in tech skills test, lag behind foreign peers lavagirl 30 5,062 03-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  Post Degree Blues burbuja0512 23 2,719 03-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Last Post: ryoder