Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is an associate degree the same cost as a BA at COSC
Correct me if I am wrong but the fees are the same for the Cornerstone at Charter Oak as they are for an associate's degree as a bachelor what's the point
Associate's degree is 60 credits, bachelor's degree is 120 credits. A bachelor's degree requires more, and more advanced courses. Sometimes people prefer to get the A before the B.
I recommend doing the Associates as it's FREE en route to the Bachelors and there are reasons why you would want to do an Associates.
1) It shows your progression from one subject understanding at an undergraduate level if you choose to major into something different later.
2) An ego boost and also a mini-finish line for some who don't have the energy/money/time to finish the Bachelors degree in a timely fashion.
3) It gives you a leg up on individuals who only have a high school diploma or GED when applying for positions that just require an Associates.

My first love still is Biology and second would be Comp Sci. Math is a very close third and Psychology is my distant fourth option of study.
If I had to start all over, I would get an Associates in Fartology (since there was none, I was stuck with Biology). It shows my interest in Bio.
I grabbed the BSBA as it was a check the box degree and the last remaining one without a course for the capstone (I tested it out).
Not many people know I also took the Penn Foster course too, just in case and transferred that into TESU for an extra 3 credits.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • doom
(02-02-2020, 02:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I recommend doing the Associates as it's FREE en route to the Bachelors and there are reasons why you would want to do an Associates.
1) It shows your progression from one subject understanding at an undergraduate level if you choose to major into something different later.
2) An ego boost and also a mini-finish line for some who don't have the energy/money/time to finish the Bachelors degree in a timely fashion.
3) It gives you a leg up on individuals who only have a high school diploma or GED when applying for positions that just require an Associates.

My first love still is Biology and second would be Comp Sci.  Math is a very close third and Psychology is my distant fourth option of study.
If I had to start all over, I would get an Associates in Fartology (since there was none, I was stuck with Biology).  It shows my interest in Bio.
I grabbed the BSBA as it was a check the box degree and the last remaining one without a course for the capstone (I tested it out).
Not many people know I also took the Penn Foster course too, just in case and transferred that into TESU for an extra 3 credi
How is it free? I don't get it. Is it because you only have to pay for the capstone once?
Everything required for the Associates is part of the Bachelors.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • Clepper43
At COSC, you can get an AA on the way to a BA, or by itself. If you opt for the AA, then later decide on the BA, you're about halfway done (assuming you've taking courses toward your concentration). There is no capstone.

At TESU, you can also get an AA on the way to a BA or by itself. BUT, if you pay the residency waiver ($2800), then it's a pretty expensive AA. Also, if you end up not finishing your BA within a year, then you'd have to pay a second residency waiver if you finished later. It's just not a great way to go, in my opinion.

So, if you REALLY want/need an AA, then I suggest you go with COSC, and then later you can go back and get your BA.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • carsonallen77
(02-02-2020, 01:37 PM)carsonallen77 Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong but the fees are the same for the Cornerstone at Charter Oak as they are for an associate's degree as a bachelor what's the point

the bachelors requires a capstone              
the associates doesn't                  

https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ements.php
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • carsonallen77
Do you need to apply again for youre ba?
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
(02-04-2020, 01:20 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Do you need to apply again for youre ba?

Generally you would apply once and register for both the AA and the BA at the same time. You work on both and get your AA, then just keep going for the BA. If you graduate with the associates, then decide later to get a BA, you would probably have to apply again.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-04-2020, 01:35 PM)davewill Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 01:20 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Do you need to apply again for youre ba?

Generally you would apply once and register for both the AA and the BA at the same time. You work on both and get your AA, then just keep going for the BA. If you graduate with the associates, then decide later to get a BA, you would probably have to apply again.

I think the advice you're giving here only applies to TESU.  The OP was asking about COSC specifically, so I want to answer that.

At COSC, you pay per term while you're enrolled.  So, if you wanted to get your AA and your BA there, but only wanted the AA first - you need to get it and then graduate with it.  Then, later, you re-enroll for your BA.  If you enroll for your BA, and then stop, and want to go back later to finish, you have to pay for all of the terms you weren't going.  At least, that's what I read at one time; it may have changed.

So at COSC, you can get your AA and BA separately (taking time in between).  At TESU, you would want to graduate with your BA within a year of getting your AA, or you pay the $2800 residency waiver again.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,975 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,861 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 781 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,399 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,097 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,341 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,798 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,255 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  Help with Degree Plan origamishuttle 12 1,965 06-02-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,915 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium