Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is there anywhere (other than Straighterline) where one can take accelerated courses?
...as a one-off, I mean?

My tuition assistance won't pay for Straighterline. (bummer!)

I've waited too long for completing a 12-wk course, this year (been sucking down all the OT they give me!), with Bellevue University (which will confer my undergraduate degree) and Bellevue doesn't specialize in accelerated courses, in general - they only do the "cohort" grouping, moving through a single course in six weeks, in specialized programs, like that which my employer sponsors, in conjunction, with them.

Bellevue will accept most any regionally accredited course for transfer (they also accept Straighterline - but, as stated, above, my company won't reimburse for Straighterline).

I've got $1,300+ left in my tuition assistance calendar-year limit, but, I've got to have the class completed, grade assigned, and the bill for same available by mid-December, in order to use it..

Is there anything like this?

I've been surprised that I'm not finding the general educational market has provided such pick-and-choose options (whether requiring matriculation or not), already, and for regular real live college credit, but, maybe I'm just not Googling it right!

Anybody know if there is such (that might fit my budget)?
ASH100 should get the monthly enrollment off of SL for the first month and then whatever the course is it can't be more then 80 bucks for SL. I know you said your company won't pay you back but 80 - for a course out of pocket really is a steal of a price.

I do not know your financial situation but with only 2 months left. I would go the SL route.

Or are you saying that you have taken other classes and you will not be able to use tuition assistance unless you complete one more course to meet a particular quota?

The way I see it if you find a CBE or an accelerated course for you to sign up. The process of getting verified, enrolled, and completed before December 15th is going to be hard.
Thank you for responding.

Yes - I certainly agree that Straighterline is a great deal - and I'll be using it for a College Algebra general education requirement, for sure (as that's something that I don't think I'll CLEP or DSST my way out of!).

Fortunately, I've already made use of most of the year's tuition assistance, so, it's only a matter of the slice of it that is left...

But, yes, I'm saying that I'd like to actually take a course - for reasons of not leaving that money on the table WHILE meeting some pre-requisite (if possible) for some graduate work I wish to do - which will count towards electives, now, but, will save me the money of completing a pre-requisite out of my own pocket, later (because I'll need every dollar - and much more! - from my yearly tuition assistance, going forward, into graduate work).

I'll look up "CBE."

Thanks.

Sounds like the name of a psychedelic drug I took at a rave, in the '80s!
I see...CBE = "Competency-Based Education"...thank you for reading, responding, the gentle encouragement...
Our local CC has courses that are "late start" classes - they are half a semester instead of the full semester, with most going 10/17-12/17 or so. I'm sure there are plenty of other schools that do this.

You can also look for a school that does rolling starts. Rio Salado College has tons of online courses, and starts every Monday or so, plus has the option of 8-week or 16-week classes. APU also starts on the 1st Monday of every month, and allows your choice of 8- or 16-week classes. TESU starts every month as well, but I think their tuition is too high to benefit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
http://extendedstudies.csupueblo.edu/Ind...fault.aspx

http://www.uidaho.edu/academic-affairs/i...dent-study

.....you should be able to knock out a couple courses that way with the TA you state is left.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
APU will work fine if you register tomorrow over the phone for an 8-week class. You might be too late for TESU because classes started a week ago, but maybe you can join late since the first assignments are usually due 2nd week. I think TESU is a fine option since you'll be out-of-pocket for around $300 there. Just about all of the quarter system schools started last week or earlier. Bottom line is that you are rapidly running out of options if you need grades before the end of calendar 2016.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
Slobodon Wrote:I see...CBE = "Competency-Based Education"...thank you for reading, responding, the gentle encouragement...

Often CBE means "Credit By Exam", i.e. CLEP, DSST, TECEP, etc., just FYI.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
Thank you. I will look into APU, and, just in case, TESU, as well.
Thx

I've sent you the private message

I appreciate the help

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,322 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 890 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 524 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 175 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,506 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,842 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 335 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 324 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat