Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a new policy at TESU? Educational Provder review. Potentially major problem.
I have the same details. I even have email communications with my advisor, in which, he clearly mentions how each of these courses will fit into my degree if completed by such a date. All the courses I am completing now have been planned into my evaluation as transfers. The question now is, if TESU will honour what they have communicated to a student. Surey, they do not expect us to write to an advisor each day- ‘hello are there any changes today? Can I continue with studying for the courses we discussed and finalized upon?’
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • AwardTour
I spoke to my advisor at TESU, and he says I can go ahead and complete all the courses that have been previously discussed with him, and already planned into my evaluation. It took some time to explain to him what my question is, reg the course providers Directory on TESU’s website. So, it did not sound like some great policy change at TESU. I tried asking him whether there are policy changes coming up with regards to completing courses with study.com, Saylor etc. And he maintained the same stance- “Just discuss with us before you go ahead and complete those courses. And complete and transfer them before the date of expiration.” So, it looks like there isn’t much to worry if you have planned your courses. Perhaps, others here like @degreeguy, who have similar concerns, could try calling up TESU and clarifying too,

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

(05-06-2019, 12:24 PM)davewill Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 12:17 PM)degreeguy Wrote: I put that $1,200 on my CC 2 weeks ago. I'm debating contacting Amex, disputing the charge, letting them know that an abrupt and unexpected change of policy and I will no longer be attending. Maybe just move everything over to COSC anyways. If they want to play these games, I'll just go elsewhere.

I have 21 credits from SL that I've also worked on day and night for the last month, no chance I'm not using those towards a degree.

I really don't think you need to panic. So far SL and the other providers all seem to be fine. I'd just go ahead and get that SL transcript sent in.

What is your take on Sophia? (edit: sorry, I must have somehow glossed over where you said the other providers seem to be fine. I thought you only mentioned SL, my mistake).
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
TESU has generally been good about honoring pre-approved courses in your degree plan, even after policy changes alter the requirements. For example, when TESU announced that they stopped accepting Shmoop courses, anyone who had pre-approved Shmoop courses in their degree plan was given a grace period to complete and transfer the pre-approved Shmoop courses.

Personally, I don't think this is going to be a big deal, nor significantly change how transfer credits are accepted. However, if you're concerned about changes, you can always try to pre-plan any courses you're particularly concerned about. I don't think you can pre-plan an entire degree, but you shouldn't have problems with 5-10 courses.

I pre-planned the 6 courses in my AoS to make sure they would be accepted, but that was it. But then again I had already completed most everything else by the time that I officially enrolled, so it wasn't as big of a deal.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • pws
I read this to mean that TESU will no longer be a slam dunk "any ACE" as it has in the past. I think the Shoop incident (which I think was a landmark decision in this realm) may have prompted them to no longer be a blanket accepter and to instead evaluated each provider. I don't see this as being a huge deal except for the fact that we may see a drop in the number of places we can bring in credits from.

Evaluating credit providers is what colleges all over the country do - I see CLEP policy changes, AP, etc and certainly, that's not "shocking" but it just means we have to be more aware of what providers are in/excluded. It seems to me if this was just a money grab, the shortest way to do that is to simply add a residency requirement and call it done. We can still transfer in nearly a full degree..... even if they do come up with some parameters in the process. I would like them to be faster about it though!
I haven't discussed anything with an academic advisor. I need to do this ASAP I guess. I went through my evaluation and started taking courses on Straighterline that I knew were the equivalent.

Scheduling an appointment now.
Yes. Do it ASAP. The advisors often caution against taking courses without discussing options with them first.

(05-08-2019, 11:22 AM)Supermind Wrote: Yes. Do it ASAP. The advisors often caution against taking courses without discussing options with them first.

Have an appointment scheduled - sent the advisor my planned courses. All of the courses I'm taking are supposedly "guaranteed to transfer" according to SL & SDC.
Everyone is over reacting.
Just a quick note: TESU does not always provide pre-approval or pre-plan for courses, so no guarantees you're going to get anywhere with this. I still wouldn't panic. I would make sure that I was enrolled, stayed enrolled, and send in courses at least a couple of times a year to make sure things go where you want. The good news with TESU is that once a course is on your eval, they won't remove it even if they change policies.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa, degreeguy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,358 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 533 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 459 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 482 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 236 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 378 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 301 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 283 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27