Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jack Welch Management Institute
Starting in July, I am giving the Jack Welch MBA a try.  I qualified for a HUGE tuition discount plus employer reimbursement.  So my annual cost will be very minimal.  My total cost will depend a lot on how many quarters I attend each year.  

All of my books are free.  Papers are expected to be about 4-6 pages.  (I dread the idea of a 10 page paper!). There’s all of the usual resources like a Writing Center, Tutoring, Alumni Services, etc.  I already have access to the first week of the first two classes, the full syllabus for ALL of the courses and already received one of my books.  (Yay!   Jump Start!).  And supposedly, I have a box of swag coming soon.  (Hey, I like swag)

Under normal circumstances, this would be a very expensive program and one that most of us (including me) would probably not even consider.  My first quarter is going to be free after employer reimbursement.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 4 users Like Vle045's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, Flelm, Jonathan Whatley, MNomadic
Well, free is free. Good luck!
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
Your first semester is free, but what about the following semesters? The Jack Welch name is not what it once was. Many people today speak out against him and many of his business practices.
(04-28-2022, 09:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Your first semester is free, but what about the following semesters? The Jack Welch name is not what it once was. Many people today speak out against him and many of his business practices.

My tuition rate each quarter will be the same whether I take one or two courses.  So the variables are how much my employer is willing to reimburse and how I schedule my courses.  It’s really up to me.  If I do every other quarter, it will only cost me a few hundred, after employer reimbursement.   The important thing is that I have some control over the cost.

As for Jack’s name… my father worked for GE his entire adult life.  I am familiar with some of his practices.  My father was frequently laid off for a few weeks here and there.   But later in Jack’s life, he changed some of his tactics.  

For the program itself.  It’s been listed as a Top Online MBA program on several lists such as Poets & Quants and the Princeton Review.  Their delivery method and workload seem to be in line with what I want.

Once I am in the program, I will be able to give an inside look at the whole thing.  From what I see so far, I love it.  Time will tell if that will change.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

Congratulations for starting the MBA!
Wish you constance in the study and a lot of energy.
Sure the program will be good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kab's post:
  • Vle045
Good luck and keep us posted!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • Vle045
Glad to hear you made a decision! Good luck!
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • Vle045
(04-29-2022, 12:35 PM)Flelm Wrote: Glad to hear you made a decision! Good luck!

LOL.  I can be very indecisive at times.   I think what sold me was the significant low cost together with the prospect of shorter papers.

(04-29-2022, 10:30 AM)suzycupcake Wrote: Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you!  Will do.   Now I gotta cross my fingers and hope my employer increases their reimbursement limit.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Western Institute for Social Research: NA MS & EdD, $8400/yr Subscription-Priced Jonathan Whatley 3 243 04-05-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 2,087 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 580 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  WGU MS Information Technology Management quigongene 22 7,588 09-05-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Southwestern College & New Earth Institute (Art Therapy, Consiousness MAs) ashkir 23 3,137 09-01-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  CBE Masters in IT Management from South College EverSpinning 14 1,036 08-13-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  Augusta University Msc InfoSec Management <7k durain 13 1,296 07-11-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  UCMO: Online MS Occupational Safety Management 30-36 credit, $11.8K-$14.2K bjcheung77 6 813 05-18-2023, 09:04 PM
  Study MSc in Environmental Management for free with the Open University UK HVzR5 3 716 05-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: HVzR5
  Is Swiss School of management Accredited? soulblader 4 1,759 03-06-2023, 04:52 PM