Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just bombed Saylor's Principles of Management
Those of you that failed the proctored 1st time around, how did you do on the practice exams?
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
I passed all the practice exams. Did not help me on the proctored at all.
Saylor is garbage. 90% on the practice final, 68% on the direct credit final. Another course 88% on practice final. 66% direct credit. Waste of time any money for me. I can complete a SL or study.com course quicker than studying content that isn't represented in any of the course quizzes or practice finals.

Go figure I passed Principals of Marketing with Saylor cold and got an 88%. The questions on some courses are poorly worded and in some cases blatantly wrong. I think it's luck of the draw what questions you get from the test pool.
Aurelius Wrote:Saylor is garbage. 90% on the practice final, 68% on the direct credit final. Another course 88% on practice final. 66% direct credit. Waste of time any money for me. I can complete a SL or study.com course quicker than studying content that isn't represented in any of the course quizzes or practice finals.

Go figure I passed Principals of Marketing with Saylor cold and got an 88%. The questions on some courses are poorly worded and in some cases blatantly wrong. I think it's luck of the draw what questions you get from the test pool.

Saylor made my son want to just go back to community college. He failed both econ classes twice, after doing well on the practice finals, before we discovered Straighterline. Straighterline renewed his faith in alternative credits.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
I have taken, and passed Business Law, Marketing, and just yesterday, Principles of a Management through Saylor. I've never gone through any of the official course material. I just used the IC flash cards and also make some of my own flash cards out of the official clep guide. I got to 100% on the management IC cards about a month ago, but I haven't done any studying since because my life has been crazy. Anyway, I decided to risk the $30 and attempt the Saylor course with a 2 hour window, just so I didn't have to feel guilty about not attaining any credits this month. I was able to pass with a 71%. To me, Management was the easiest of the three given that I scored a 74% on both marketing and business law and had way more time put into studying. They might use different tests for each individual, but this time around I kind of came to the realization that in every proctored exam for Saylor, there are 8- 10 "duh" questions that masquerade as complex, thought - provoking questions. Just my thoughts on it, but I'm extremely grateful that they exist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 382 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 462 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 328 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,400 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Sophia Project Management MrBossmanJr 19 3,438 09-15-2023, 06:00 PM
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,613 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 585 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,426 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 895 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,198 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM