Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just introducing myself
Farmerboy Wrote:I have also been enrolled in College Plus! and really enjoyed the experience. Their method is a great way to keep you motivated and focused, much like this forum. It is amazing that this method of getting a degree is not more popular. I am a sophmore in highschool but have been able to test out of 78 credits! Abby, which school are enrolled in? College Plus! set me up for TESC but with all the EC grads on the site it makes me wonder if that is a better option.

[SIZE="4"]Hey Farmerboy
I've wondered too about EC. Maybe they are better, I don't know. But for my degree I only have to take 3 TECEPs. So I have two DANTES and the TECEPs left and I'll be done. I haven't done much with TESC at all really. I'm enrolled there and all. I've had some trouble getting them to figure things out. So I understand about that other post on EC's service. Wink But I figured College Plus knew more than I did, so I'll stick with that. Besides that, they say TESC accepts more CLEPS/DANTES. But maybe you should ask your coach if you're still with College Plus.

Oh!!! and CONGRATS on your progress. that's amazing. what degree are you going for? and are you going to be done before you graduate high school??? Incredible! Cool
[/SIZE]
Abby,
Thanks for the input how long did you have to wait to be accpeted? Based on other posts I 've heard it takes a little while.
I am going for a degree in business management and plan to finish sometime in my junior year.

P.S. How long will you be serving in Peru?
Farmerboy Wrote:Abby,
Thanks for the input how long did you have to wait to be accpeted? Based on other posts I 've heard it takes a little while.
I am going for a degree in business management and plan to finish sometime in my junior year.

P.S. How long will you be serving in Peru?

[SIZE="4"]I don't think it took very long to be accepted. I filled out the application online and messed it up, so some guy called me and asked me for the rest of the info. haha oops. So then when he found out I had over 70 credits, he told me I was pretty much sure to be accepted even though I'm way under the age requirement. I did write a letter to the head of admissions or something. Miss San Giancamo. But yeah, I was accepted within two weeks, I think. I got a call from a lady. But then they messed up and I never got a letter of acceptance or a catalog or anything. It was sorta funny. But they fixed it. I enrolled, which was slick. And and am just finishing transferring all my credits. Rolleyes

So you're going for business management. That is cool. I wanted small business/entrepreneurship. But things changed. I'll be in Peru for probably a year or so. It's open-ended. My parents are moving there too eventually, so we'll see. I'm open to however God leads me. Smile

But wow, you've got great things ahead of you. Glad you're here on the forum. It's been so helpful to me!
[/SIZE]
I'm also in CollegePlus. Man...all you young'ns...overachievers!! Big Grin I wish I would've started this when I was still in high school. I'm 30 & have been with CollegePlus since January of '06. They also set me up with TESC, but after alot of prayer & consideration, I told them I'd much rather go with Excelsior, especially after hearing about their reputation and how wonderfully (overall) they deal with students, etc. Also, I've come to find out that TESC doesn't seem to have a good reputation when it comes to their student services. Anyway...I hope that helps.
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
Matymus,
Is the tuition for EC similar to TESC's? Also does College Plus! have you take EC exams instead of TESC's?
Thanks for all your help and advice!
Well...my wife and I did an extensive cost comparison and figured that EC turns out to be quite a bit cheaper than TESC, at least for me. Even if you go with TESC's 'cheapest' tuition option...EC is still quite a bit less. At this point, all I've done is take Dantes & CLEPs, so I have no information regarding TECEPS or ECE's...sorry. I hope that helps.
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the Icelandverse! hahaha! bjcheung77 0 519 11-20-2021, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Introducing ODC/SDC to Homeless Organization harrypotter 7 1,615 11-30-2019, 02:20 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Introducing StraighterLine Partner College Scholarships Saharapost 3 1,229 04-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Saharapost
  Introducing........... cookderosa 41 4,129 03-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: keithk