Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone
I am planning to start my Capstone next month and was wondering if anyone took this course with Heather Brown? I only have a choice between her and Catherine Peck. I cannot find much feedback on Brown. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks  Smile
(01-24-2023, 02:29 PM)disney_day_dreamer Wrote: I am planning to start my Capstone next month and was wondering if anyone took this course with Heather Brown? I only have a choice between her and Catherine Peck. I cannot find much feedback on Brown. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks  Smile

Both sections are full. The only open section left is with Dr. Otto
Sorry for my question but I need an advice I have to do the capstone project for computer science and I question is can a do a project related with my IT job do I have to search a topic to do a research paper, can I include programming prototype or it's not allowed?
Also I want to know what is the minimum pages that I can have in my capstone, also for the oral presentation do I need to create a power point slide show? 
In case I have to do a research where can I find a good topic for computer science.
There are 4 written assignments for this course my question is are those 4 assignments part of the final project research papers. 

Thanks

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 1 user Likes gams007's post:
  • Amberlinjeanne
(02-05-2023, 09:57 AM)gams007 Wrote: Sorry for my question but I need an advice I have to do the capstone project for computer science and I question is can a do a project related with my IT job do I have to search a topic to do a research paper, can I include programming prototype or it's not allowed?
Also I want to know what is the minimum pages that I can have in my capstone, also for the oral presentation do I need to create a power point slide show? 
In case I have to do a research where can I find a good topic for computer science.
There are 4 written assignments for this course my question is are those 4 assignments part of the final project research papers. 

Thanks

Doing this right now.  It might be somewhat mentor dependent, but for my mentor, I was not allowed to do a technical project and specifically had to approach it from the 'sociological perspective'.  Keep in mind that the vast majority of the mentors are going to be English and humanities majors and they aren't going to understand anything overly technical.

I'll let you know next week about the oral presentation.

For the 4 assignments, 1 is an intro and there will be elements of it which can be included in your actual introduction, but there is also a personal narrative element which won't actually go into your final paper.  2 is an outline and explanation of key concepts.  Obviously the outline will help you write your paper.  The explanation of key concepts I modified and worked into the rest of it, but chopped it up into the appropriate sections. 3 is a lit review, you can almost cut and paste this into your final paper.  4 is discussion and conclusion, which again can be essentially cut and pasted into your final.  After WA 4, you're pretty much working on revising, filling in the gaps, and making the sections flow together, because you have your five major sections essentially done.

My experience so far - the first 3 modules are fast paced (for me anyway, slow reader and writer, deliberate thinker - or waffler if you prefer) and require a ton of up front work.  By the end of week 6, you're expected to have a full lit review, which basically means you understand over 90% of what you're going to learn from this topic, you have the vast majority of your sources well digested and understood.  And honestly, even by week 4, you need a full sentence outline and key concepts, meaning you have the majority of your sources digested well enough to understand the overall structure of the paper.  Module 3 is a boatload of writing and you're going to get the bulk of the paper done (again somewhat mentor dependent, but mine wanted essentially a problem statement and critical lit review without an argument or thesis (you can find examples in journals of others doing critical lit reviews, but they are usually shorter than what you're going to write)). Modules are 2 weeks each, 1-4 are WA1-4, 5 is the oral, 6 is the final.
Working Toward: ME-EM, CU Boulder (Coursera)
Completed: TESU - BA Computer Science, 2023; TESU - AAS Applied Electronic Studies, 2012; K-State -BS Political Science, 2016
[-] The following 6 users Like spohara's post:
  • AllThose299s, frankc, jch, origamishuttle, TwinMom, Yolan
I have a question is you finished a BACS and later you want to finished a Liberal Studies degree do I have to retake again the LIB-495 ??

In progress:
Completed:
(02-18-2023, 03:16 PM)gams007 Wrote: I have a question is you finished a BACS and later you want to finished a Liberal Studies degree do I have to retake again the LIB-495 ??

You only have to take the course one time.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I had to do the capstone for each of my TESU bachelor degrees (LIB-495 each time).
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(02-19-2023, 01:06 AM)jsd Wrote: I had to do the capstone for each of my TESU bachelor degrees (LIB-495 each time).

You mean I have to retake it again  Huh I will have to contact an Advisor regarding this.

In progress:
Completed:
Yes, you'd have to do it again.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
If you graduate with two degrees at once from the same school (example: BA Comp Sci & BA Math), you only have to take it once. If you graduate with the BACS first and then come back later for Math, you may have to take the capstone again. I absolutely would not bother with getting a BACS and then a BALS (or any degree first, then a BALS). There is no reason to do this. It will cost more money and not add anything to your resume.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • davewill, jch, jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,587 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 554 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,390 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,127 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 10 779 08-20-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,193 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 935 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 714 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 915 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
  TESU Liberal Studies Degree Plan Help afro_knowledge 24 5,106 12-14-2022, 06:02 PM