Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LIB-495 Written Communication Assessment
Hi all,
My wife is about to sign up for LIB-495 (BALS) and I decided to to help her research some of the assignment requirements. BTW, I completed a BSBA and your input was very very helpful.

1. Is the Written Communication Assessment in a proctored environment and is it an essay or ?????
2. The Oral Presentation: Do you need to produce a slide presentation? If so, do you need to record your voice while describing the slides or do you need to produce voice and video. Is there a specific video presentation program they use?
3. When I did my BSBA capstone, I was given the assignment topics and questions to address/research. For the BALS, do you get the research topics or you need to create your own?
4. Is the video presentation related to the final project, how?

Thanks,
I can't help with most of that. But I know that you have to come up with your own thesis and research topic(s).
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
1. Is the Written Communication Assessment in a proctored environment and is it an essay or ?????

When you get access to the course, you'll find the specifics of the written assessment. Generally speaking in the term I took it, the assignment was more along the lines write a 1-2 page letter to someone (real or fictional) about such and such and make sure to address these points in the letter. use better sentence structure than I'm writing in this answer Smile It is not a timed writing so no proctoring needed. No , you don't actually send the letter. But that's the flavor of the assignment. mileage could vary in other terms.

2. The Oral Presentation: Do you need to produce a slide presentation? If so, do you need to record your voice while describing the slides or do you need to produce voice and video. Is there a specific video presentation program they use?

Yes, this is also part of your Q4. power point. As a tesu student you have access to Office 365. Specifics of how many slides are in the course materials. In the section I was in, it was basically summarizing the paper you wrote. They use a specific program that records your web cam and slides at same time. Further info will be in the course materials. It was easy to use as a first time user of it. Takes web cam to see you talking and your voice and the slides.

3. When I did my BSBA capstone, I was given the assignment topics and questions to address/research. For the BALS, do you get the research topics or you need to create your own?

create own. most people selected something of interest, or related to work or future work. I did not have mine ready to go until day 1 of the course. Until then it was vague for me. Then had an idea. Basically with this thing, you research stuff that's already written and published.

4. Is the video presentation related to the final project, how? Yes, see question 2. Basically you've written the paper. Now you make 12-15 slides or so of the basics of paper, and present the slides while talking for 8-10 minutes.

things can change. this was valid in winter/spring 2021
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 4 users Like P226mem's post:
  • ARhead, Dorothy44, Flelm, NC Coach
Thank you...your information is of great help.
(06-16-2021, 01:44 PM)P226mem Wrote: 1. Is the Written Communication Assessment in a proctored environment and is it an essay or ?????

When you get access to the course, you'll find the specifics of the written assessment. Generally speaking in the term I took it, the assignment was more along the lines write a 1-2 page letter to someone (real or fictional) about such and such  and make sure to address these points in the letter. use better sentence structure than I'm writing in this answer  Smile    It is not a timed writing so no proctoring needed. No , you don't actually send the letter.   But that's the flavor of the assignment.  mileage could vary in other terms.

Yes, this is also part of your Q4. power point. As a tesu student you have access to Office 365. Specifics of how many slides are in the course materials. In the section I was in, it was basically summarizing the paper you wrote.  They use a specific program that records your web cam and slides at same time. Further info will be in the course materials.  It was easy to use as a first time user of it. Takes web cam to see you talking and your voice and the slides.

create own. most people selected something of interest, or related to work or future work. I did not have mine ready to go until day 1 of the course. Until then it was vague for me.  Then had an idea.  Basically with this thing, you research stuff that's already written and published.

4. Is the video presentation related to the final project, how?   Yes, see question 2. Basically you've written the paper.  Now you make 12-15 slides or so of the basics of paper, and present the slides while talking for 8-10 minutes.

things can change. this was valid in winter/spring 2021

I'm towards the end of my BALS capstone course now and this is exactly how it is now.
(06-16-2021, 10:21 AM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: Hi all,
My wife is about to sign up for LIB-495 (BALS) and I decided to to help her research some of the assignment requirements. BTW, I completed a BSBA and your input was very very helpful.

4. Is the video presentation related to the final project, how?

Thanks,

1. It's a letter, different format than an essay or research paper. (400-800 words) not proctored.  Don't worry about it, you always score 100% on it.

2. Slide presentation.  User whatever software you want.  TESU provides recording software to record your screen & your webcam.

3. You pick your own research topic which is used for all assignments/final project.

4. Video project part of the final project which represents your final paper.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • ARhead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU PLA 101 – Portfolio Assessment Course (NJ Residents) bjcheung77 12 1,327 10-04-2023, 04:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Business Communication - TESU COM-202 Intro to Business Communications BSLIONS 0 572 02-21-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: BSLIONS
  LIB495 ETS/Written Comm Credit AnnaAK 2 718 04-07-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  TESU Gen Ed: Oral Communication when DEAF ashkir 61 6,716 01-03-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Oral Communication req silliness jch 0 662 12-03-2021, 05:19 AM
Last Post: jch
  Question regarding Oral Communication req/ Study.com mashr 36 3,178 05-20-2021, 09:08 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prior Learning Assessment for Coopersmith Courses? badcookie 13 1,820 03-16-2021, 01:17 PM
Last Post: badcookie
  TESU & Sophia's Communication @ Work course? Dorothy44 48 5,578 01-28-2021, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Oral communication Areyes2511 4 862 01-02-2021, 03:55 PM
Last Post: AppleStarr
  TESU Communication Issues ashkir 6 870 11-11-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL