Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LL Coming in as UL COSC
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the information everyone has provided here. Just waiting for one more transcript to come it then I will just need the cornerstone, capstone and a couple more UL classes for a Bachelors from COSC. My plans had to change many times due to policy changes and life but I am almost done. 

I recently got back a pretty surprising evaluation from COSC. In particular, I got awarded UL credit from a few courses that ace evaluates as LL. Since there are not as many COSC evaluations posted as there are for TESU, I thought it may be helpful for others in the future. I sent it a fairly Shmoop heavy ace transcript for evaluation. The classes are mind-numbing but the price is hard to beat. I focused on Shmoop classes that had similar names as UL COSC classes for the off chance of them coming in as UL credit. 

I know that COSC usually applies credits close to the ace recommendation so I didn't expect much, but I won't complain about the results. Would be nice to see some more COSC evaluations to see if this was just a fluke or if they have made some changes. Victorian Literature, in particular, has been posted on this forum as LL credit in the past so I am curious. 

Hope this helps, would love to hear what everyone thinks

Attached Files
.pdf   Degree Audit.pdf (Size: 94.7 KB / Downloads: 377)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ztkerls's post:
  • topdog98
Congratulations on being so close! Thanks for posting this. Is this for a BA in liberal arts?
I was thinking about planning a COSC degree for my husband and I find their website confusing and hard to figure out what is required for different degrees.
Posts about them are helpful and appreciated.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
Very helpful- Thank you so much for posting this!
OP, if you still have a StraighterLine subscription, you can take Organizational Behavior course as that'll come in as UL. Otherwise, another option is to go for the Study.com UL courses as per their transfer tab, you can take Organizational Behavior here if you don't have a valid StraighterLine membership.

One more thing you can do is look at possible CLEP/DSST or other exams from their Master List to finish off the degree.
Study.com Transfer: https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab
Master List Link: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ograms.php
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • suzycupcake
(12-29-2018, 07:39 AM)mudball Wrote: Congratulations on being so close! Thanks for posting this. Is this for a BA in liberal arts?
I was thinking about planning a COSC degree for my husband and I find their website confusing and hard to figure out what is required for different degrees.

This is for a BS in Individualized Studies with a yet to be determined concentration. A BA in Liberal Studies would have a similar plan. A BS requires 60 liberal art credits and a BA requires 90 liberal art credits. I got more than enough for a BA but felt like a BS sounded better. The only difference between Individualized Studies and Liberal Studies is that all of the classes in the Liberal Studies concentration will be liberal arts classes. Individualized Studies allows for a broader range of classes for the concentration.

(12-29-2018, 03:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OP, if you still have a StraighterLine subscription, you can take Organizational Behavior course as that'll come in as UL.  Otherwise, another option is to go for the Study.com UL courses as per their transfer tab, you can take Organizational Behavior here if you don't have a valid StraighterLine membership.  

One more thing you can do is look at possible CLEP/DSST or other exams from their Master List to finish off the degree.  

Thank for the advice! I actually have English Comp II, Intro to Communication, and Organizational Behavior coming over on a SL transcript right now. I took your advice on another post to take Business Ethics and Organizational Behavior and really appreciate that by the way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ztkerls's post:
  • mudball
(12-29-2018, 03:58 PM)ztkerls Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 07:39 AM)mudball Wrote: Congratulations on being so close! Thanks for posting this. Is this for a BA in liberal arts?

This is for a BS in Individualized Studies with a yet to be determined concentration. A BA in Liberal Studies would have a similar plan. A BS requires 60 liberal art credits and a BA requires 90 liberal art credits. I got more than enough for a BA but felt like a BS sounded better. The only difference between Individualized Studies and Liberal Studies is that all of the classes in the Liberal Studies concentration classes will be liberal arts classes. Individualized Studies always for a broader range of classes for the concentration.

(12-29-2018, 03:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OP, if you still have a StraighterLine subscription, you can take Organizational Behavior course as that'll come in as UL.  Otherwise, another option is to go for the Study.com UL courses as per their transfer tab, you can take Organizational Behavior here if you don't have a valid StraighterLine membership.  

Thank for the advice! I actually have English Comp II, Intro to Communication, and Organizational Behavior coming over on a SL transcript right now. I took your advice on another post to take Business Ethics and Organizational Behavior and really appreciate that by the way.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,678 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,283 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,641 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,161 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,619 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso